🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Far Cry forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.
    Ubi-MoshiMoshi's Avatar Community Representative

Far Cry® 4 Valley Of The Yetis available this week

Ubisoft announced that Valley of the Yetis, the new add-on content for the award-winning shooter, Far Cry 4, will be released tomorrow, March 10, 2015 on Xbox Live for the Xbox One and Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PC, and on March 11 on PlayStation Network for the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems.

Players have to explore and survive a valley on top of the Himalayas in Kyrat after Ajay’s helicopter crashes and leaves him stranded on a perilous ridge. In order to stay alive, players must capture a camp for shelter and guard it from a mysterious cult. But even if you successful against the cult, they must keep a look out for the fabled and dangerous yetis that populate the territory.

The Valley of the Yetis DLC includes:

• A New Open World: Explore and survive a new environment in Kyrat. The beautiful and majestic top of the Himalayas await.
    • Defend and Upgrade Your Camp: Capture an enemy relay station to use as a safe house. Players will need to fortify the camp by completing side quests during the day, and defend it from waves of attackers at night.
    • Uncover the mystery: A mysterious cult inhabits this valley and now hides a secret based on ancient legends. Discover the secret behind the cult of The Awakened Ones and survive the yetis.

Valley of the Yetis is available as part of the Far Cry 4 Season Pass or can be purchased separately. The Season Pass includes Valley of the Yetis as well as The Syringe, Escape from Durgesh Prison, the Hurk Deluxe Pack and Overrun.

The Far Cry 4 Season Pass is available from PlayStation Network, Xbox Live, uPlay, Game, Amazon, and selected games retailers.

For more information on Far Cry 4, please visit: www.farcrygame.com and www.facebook.com/farcry

For more information on the Community Activities, please visit: www.farcrygame.com/community

Umilton's Avatar Member
    The thread is apparently open so I thought I'd say this is the largest snowy region in the game and I can't wait to download it in hours from now. Snow covered areas have a great atmosphere to me.

The trailer seem to imply it is available now for season pass owners... How can I download it on PS4? Some people are already streaming the game so surely I am missing something?

The DLC is awesome but are there any fixes that were downloaded with it? Any info on this?

Aphex_Tim's Avatar Senior Member
    I just accidentally hit a Yeti with my truck and got the Spiritual Hunter trophy.....
    Didn't feel very spiritual to me. :')

Dia100's Avatar Junior Member
    Yeah, I'm late to the party, as usual. I just d/l'ed the VotY and started playing it yesterday and so far I've died about 15 times!! No exaggeration!! The player is outrageously under-healthed, under-weaponized and overwhelmed by the number of enemies, especially those dang snow leopards!! There are 'hidden' chests/skins that there are NO ways to access, too. I tried for literally almost 1/2 hour to access one of those chests in the main cavern and couldn't find a way up to the ledges. I thoroughly enjoyed FC 4 & have replayed that game over and over, but the Valley of the Yetis DL starts off by making sure the player is at a serious disadvantage with just about everything!! And just when you think you've reached a checkpoint, you die and have to go all the way back to the beginning of that segment. I'm all for challenges, but this DL makes the challenges so hard it's almost not worth playing. I'll give this DL one more try but I'm growing increasingly more frustrated with each attempt to really get into it. Disappointing, to say the least. *smh*

WID992007's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Dia100 Go to original post
    Yeah, I'm late to the party, as usual. I just d/l'ed the VotY and started playing it yesterday and so far I've died about 15 times!! No exaggeration!! The player is outrageously under-healthed, under-weaponized and overwhelmed by the number of enemies, especially those dang snow leopards!! There are 'hidden' chests/skins that there are NO ways to access, too. I tried for literally almost 1/2 hour to access one of those chests in the main cavern and couldn't find a way up to the ledges. I thoroughly enjoyed FC 4 & have replayed that game over and over, but the Valley of the Yetis DL starts off by making sure the player is at a serious disadvantage with just about everything!! And just when you think you've reached a checkpoint, you die and have to go all the way back to the beginning of that segment. I'm all for challenges, but this DL makes the challenges so hard it's almost not worth playing. I'll give this DL one more try but I'm growing increasingly more frustrated with each attempt to really get into it. Disappointing, to say the least. *smh*

some area's yes you may need to fly to get a crate ..that's why you have a wingsuit

all the others yea you may need to climb an swing on ropes .. its not that hard if ya get good guns fast
    if ya need a guide look one up on you tube .

if ya need map locations of things

look here https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=574362521

as to health , farm GREEN leaves so you can always make healing syringes when your health gets too low

oh one other hint .. don't piss off a yeti till ya got a good gun and always go for a head shot on em

good luck !