Breeze147's Avatar Senior Member
    ....until I get cable. 3 unsucessful attempts, a total time of 30 hours wasted. 2 disconnects and 1 could not load because of corrupted file. I give up. Still enough to do in regular FB/AEP/BOE to keep me going for a while. I really think a disservice was done to the 56kers with this large of a download. It should have been segmented. Just my $.02 USD.

....until I get cable. 3 unsucessful attempts, a total time of 30 hours wasted. 2 disconnects and 1 could not load because of corrupted file. I give up. Still enough to do in regular FB/AEP/BOE to keep me going for a while. I really think a disservice was done to the 56kers with this large of a download. It should have been segmented. Just my $.02 USD.

p1ngu666's Avatar Senior Member
    use getright?

<123_GWood_JG123> NO SPAM!

georgeo76's Avatar Senior Member
    Give us some general idea of where you live (country, region) and I'm sure someone (myself if your in US) will be happy to burn the patch to disk and snail mail it to ya.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by p1ngu666:
    use getright?

http://www.pingu666.modded.me.uk/mysig3.jpg
    &lt;123_GWood_JG123&gt; NO SPAM!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It won't allow GetRight!!! Go figure.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by georgeo76:
    Give us some general idea of where you live (country, region) and I'm sure someone (myself if your in US) will be happy to burn the patch to disk and snail mail it to ya.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I live in Lexington Park, MD USA. That would really be kind if someone would do that. I'll PM anyone with my address if they would do that. You guys are too good to me!!!

I used GetRight to download the patch with no problem whatsoever. Try turning off your firewall if you have it on. The only other thing I can think of is that your ISP might not be very good. Complain to your provider that you are having problems and you might see some improvement. It worked for me.

There is also Internet Download Manager. I used it till the trial period was up and it worked just fine too.

Hope this helps,
    Rick

georgeo76's Avatar Senior Member
    PM me w/ your address and I'll send it out w/ tomorrow mornings mail

Well, I have MSN9. I did complain to them and they showed me a great way to go from 28.8 kps to 34.6. (dripping with sarcasm). I need to spring for the $60 USD a month cable and that's all there is to it.