View Poll Results: Should the series last longer or shorter?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Series should last longer

26 61.90%
  • Series should be shorter

8 19.05%
  • Series should stop altogether

4 9.52%
  • Not sure

4 9.52%
    SpiritOfNevaeh's Avatar Senior Member

Ubisoft Is Planning On "10, 20" More Years Of Assassin's Creed

UBISOFT DEV DISCUSSES FUTURE OF ASSASSIN'S CREED

Ubisoft is planning on "10, 20" more years of the series.

BY MIKE MAHARDY Ubisoft is planning on more than a decade of the pervasive Assassin's Creed franchise, and wants to have more robust modern-day sections in future entries.

During a recent community stream, lead writer Darby McDevitt said the studio has hundreds of years of in-game lore planned for Assassin's Creed, along with an extensive history to explain its origins.

"We've created 500, 600, 700 years worth of history that we hope to start teasing out for the next 10, 20 years or however long we're around," McDevitt said. "I particularly love the lore. I've been working the past two years, with all the other writers, on getting a great document together on the First Civilization."

The aforementioned civilization is the group of precursor beings often shown in the series. Many of the Assassin's Creed storylines goes back to that early faction, and players learn more about them as the franchise progresses, often in modern-day scenes.

McDevitt said the plan is to use existing material in order to focus on that present-day storyline. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, for example, used assets from its predecessor in order to create an immersive setting for the modern narrative.

"That only came about because [we] were able to reuse Monteriggioni from Assassin's Creed 2," McDevitt said. "So the future –– and this is the plan –– is to smartly reuse things so we can have a more robust modern day."

Assassin's Creed Unity had less modern-day sequences than Ubisoft originally planned, McDevitt said. But they needed to be weighed with the historical setting of Unity, which is often the most alluring aspect of each new release –– in this case, revolutionary France.

"We always plan to have more modern day but we have to be really smart about how we do it," he said. "There was a plan for a little more modern day in Unity –– a plan. Nothing that was actually cut."

Last year, the next series entry was leaked. Assassin's Creed Victory (a name which may be official or only for internal development) will take place in 19th century Victorian London, and will release for PS4, Xbox One and PC, according to the leak. A previous IGN report stated that the next Assassin's Creed would be developed by Ubisoft Quebec, and not Montreal –– the leak confirmed this news as well.

Source link: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/..._medium=social

My view: This series could do a whole lot better than it is now, but of course it'll take some time and resources to make that happen. And yes, things happen like time constraints and unexpected difficulties, but if that continues along the length of the series, that could prove to be a problem.

As much as I love the series, I wouldnt mind if it went out in a bang, but yet I would love to hear more stories as well as the folklore behind the main series altogether.

What do you guys think? Do you think the series should go longer or shorter? Or just stop altogether? Let me know your thoughts.

JustPlainQuirky's Avatar Senior Member
    already thread on this mate

but yeah 10 more AC games within 10 years. Yikes.

Fauux01's Avatar Senior Member
    10 or 20 more years of AC, fantastic.

An AC game every year for the next 10 20 years? That doesn't sound pleasant unless Unity is their last unpolished title.

SixKeys's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Fatal-Feit Go to original post
    unless Unity is their last unpolished title.

JustPlainQuirky's Avatar Senior Member
    ^had the same reaction lmfao

RADAR__4077's Avatar Member
    10 years 3-4 games yes.

10 years 10 games AW HEEEELL NO!

SpiritOfNevaeh's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by RADAR__4077 Go to original post
    10 years 3-4 games yes.

10 years 10 games AW HEEEELL NO!
    My thoughts exactly.

Hans684's Avatar Senior Member
    Last time someone(Ismail I think) said they planned ahead it was a misunderstanding. So they have a plan now, might be good news for the series unless each game is another Unity.

As for AC's length, it's never ending. History, alternate realities(in universe name: calculations), time travel POE, First Civ. history, never ending A/T war and possibly the future(not entirely sure about this one but AC already has a lot if concepts). A "reboot" would just be the same AC in a different time line, like the French comics that always get translated.

Fauux01's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by SixKeys Go to original post
    *snip*
    U watch AoT too?

ze_topazio's Avatar Senior Member
    I hope they include Portugal or a Portuguese city in one of those 20 games they are planning, Brazil too.

Originally Posted by Fatal-Feit Go to original post
    unless Unity is their last unpolished title.
    Go sit in the corner for 10 minutes and think about what you just said young man.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last ►►