Gold_Jim's Avatar Senior Member
    The Cars? Count my money spent! This is great news. I love Elliot Easton's playing!!

OnicaBonica's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by cdeamonk Go to original post
    This is exactly right. Some bands never catch on in some areas but are widely popular in others. Rocksmith has provided many chances to listen to bands I would not normally listen to and have never heard of.

Not sure why so many seem to have have it in their heads that if they have never heard of a band or do not like the band they must suck and cry against it's inclusion.

If you really want to be the best musician possible I think it is important to study as many styles and genres as possible. Never know what you might learn checking out something off your beaten path.
    Yeah, I see we are still talking about this even after I apologised. I forgot that not everyone has heard the music I have heard of so being self-entitled and whatnot, I went on the attack. Please forgive me internet.

Also, I don't want nor do I care to be 'the best musician possible'. I just want to learn songs by artists that I like.

And I still have my arms open for that hug of forgiveness... :P

But I have discovered many new artists/bands thanks to Rock Band, Guitar Hero and Rocksmith so there's that.

The_Working_Man's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by OnicaBonica Go to original post
    And I still have my arms open for that hug of forgiveness...
    Ooops, sorry to leave you hangin' (hugs).

Scott Stapp's wide open for that, too.

MAng0r3's Avatar Senior Member
    http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...at-to-her-song

That was like some kind of a premonition (3 weeks before) . I'm on 1 premonition a year streak of 2 years now......altought i saw the Bachsmith coming like 4 months before it was release when most people were saying i was dreaming.

The Cars's first release(eponymous) is a must in the rock genre and a sure buy for me.

Originally Posted by The_Working_Man Go to original post
    Ooops, sorry to leave you hangin' (hugs).

Scott Stapp's wide open for that, too.

I don't turn down hugs. Not in my DNA.

Even a hug from Scott Stapp. :P

Scott Stapp is homeless, on meth, and thinks his wife and kid are members of ISIS.

Definitely denying that hug for safety reasons lol.

Originally Posted by DREWBAA Go to original post
    Scott Stapp is homeless, on meth, and thinks his wife and kid are members of ISIS.

Definitely denying that hug for safety reasons lol.
    Wow, really? Usually for rockstars, its sex and drugs. Not psychosis... :/

So yeah, no hug for him.

Man, it's so weird seeing people in this thread and on the Riff Repeater comments section saying that "Drive" is The Cars's biggest hit and will probably be in the pack because I just listened to it and I don't think I've ever heard it before, whereas I can barely go a week without hearing "Just What I Needed" on classic rock radio. Apparently Drive was their highest-charting hit back in the day, so maybe this is an age gap thing, where Drive was everywhere back when it came out (before I was born) but songs like Just What I Needed get more radio play 30 years later? Or hell, maybe I've just missed hearing what is apparently a very popular song? Or maybe I have heard it before but forgot about it because I thought it was boring?

Either way, I doubt that Drive will be in The Cars pack. Yeah, "Jane Says" was in the Jane's Addiction pack, but let's be real, as good as JA is, they don't have many radio hits to choose from, whereas The Cars have enough guitar-driven radio hits to fill at least two 5-packs.

Femacejo's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by PlainclothesMan Go to original post

Either way, I doubt that Drive will be in The Cars pack. Yeah, "Jane Says" was in the Jane's Addiction pack, but let's be real, as good as JA is, they don't have many radio hits to choose from, whereas The Cars have enough guitar-driven radio hits to fill at least two 5-packs.
    Completely agree. The Cars could fill two-5-packs with the first three albums . . .

The Cars (1978)
    Candy-O (1979)
    Panorama (1980)

Cant wait till tomorrow!

The_Penguin222's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Femacejo Go to original post
    Completely agree. The Cars could fill two-5-packs with the first three albums . . .

The Cars (1978)
    Candy-O (1979)
    Panorama (1980)

Cant wait till tomorrow!
    Really hope "Touch and Go" is one of them. The tone and phrasing in the solo are just sooo tasty.

Go have a listen if it's been a while, it's great!