Femacejo's Avatar Member
    Well, I just gave the entire "Heartbeat City" CD a go and I really could not find any good songs with a good guitar riff.
    Maybe Magic does but that is about it.

Seems mostly were full of synthesizer n special effects.

Lots of hits but none that I would be consider Rocksmith must-grabs.

Come-on Tuesday!

OnicaBonica's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by Femacejo Go to original post
    Well, I just gave the entire "Heartbeat City" CD a go and I really could not find any good songs with a good guitar riff.
    Maybe Magic does but that is about it.

Lots of hits but none that I would be consider Rocksmith must-grabs.

Come-on Tuesday!
    Amen. XD

BazzTard61's Avatar Banned
    Originally Posted by TomKQT Go to original post
    I'm 34, does that qualify as a kid?

So you know every band on the world?

Sorry guys but why are you turning to insults? For whatever reason, the band was never on any of the radios that I've listened in my country or on music TVs. Plus wasn't probably popular amongst people, wasn't illegaly shared during totalitarianism and didn't get any publicity after revolution. No friend showed them to me, my father doesnt know them, I didnt accidentaly open their video on youtube etc... How's this my fault?
    Now I know them, thanks to the forum and the game.
    You haven't known the band for your whole life, there also was a moment when you heard about them for the first time. Mine was just yesterday, so what?
    well said

'some' people here get very upset if you mention that you haven't heard of their favourite band, they interpret it as "your fave band is rubbish', when all that is said is "I' haven't heard of them" happens every week lol.

How they get "your fave band is crap" from "Ihaven't heard of them" is beyond me.

A lot of bands that I have said "who? never heard of them" have been added to my iphone.

Biffy Clyro, AFI , Alter Bridge , Godsmack , The Dear Hunter , The Shins .

thoman23's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Femacejo Go to original post

Come-on Tuesday!
    I think it's all but guaranteed that this 5-pack will have some (or many) synth parts arranged for guitar.

infocat1's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by thoman23 Go to original post
    I think it's all but guaranteed that this 5-pack will have some (or many) synth parts arranged for guitar.
    The Cars have two guitarists, so they have plenty of songs with lead and rhythm guitar tracks. Don't think they need to do synth parts. (I don't think they'll do "Drive" because of the lack of guitar.)

OnicaBonica's Avatar Member
    'Some' people pick and choose posts to read and then give their opinion based on that.

Back on subject, there is plenty of guitar in The Cars' music. Please don't have charted synth to guitar.

I mean, I'll still buy it regardless but whatever.

I always think it's weird that people get all butthurt over someone never having heard a group. Just like TomKQT said, all of us heard every group that we've ever heard a "first" time. Not to mention that I don't think of The Cars as so ubiquitous that EVERYONE knows who they are. I'd figure someone was trolling if they said they had never heard of the Beatles or Hendrix (maybe even someone like Metallica), but The Cars??? No.

I listened to a lot of country and 80's rock and hair bands through most of the 00's. When I started listening to Octane, I found a lot of groups that I had never heard that I liked - Shinedown, Seether, TDG, A7X, FFDP... It just took exposing myself to a different genre of radio. Otherwise, I would have never heard them playing on my local country station, obviously...

Originally Posted by OnicaBonica Go to original post
    'Some' people pick and choose posts to read and then give their opinion based on that.

Back on subject, there is plenty of guitar in The Cars' music. Please don't have charted synth to guitar.

I mean, I'll still buy it regardless but whatever.
    Hey if you want to throw people, nothing better than a synth line played on a distorted guitar.

I am really looking forward to the Cars DLC. Elliot Easton is a very underrated guitarist and has some nice chops. Definitely one of those guys like Rick Nielsen or Buck Dharma who don't always get the respect they deserve. A fun fact is that Elliot used to play a Dean ML before someone else became famous for playing this particular guitar. Anyways, if you chose Heartbeat City as a basis for this week's DLC, I would suggest listening to The Cars or Candy O.

And just in case anyone is interested in what Elliot is up to now

Originally Posted by BazzTard61 Go to original post
    well said

'some' people here get very upset if you mention that you haven't heard of their favourite band, they interpret it as "your fave band is rubbish', when all that is said is "I' haven't heard of them" happens every week lol.

How they get "your fave band is crap" from "Ihaven't heard of them" is beyond me.

A lot of bands that I have said "who? never heard of them" have been added to my iphone.

Biffy Clyro, AFI , Alter Bridge , Godsmack , The Dear Hunter , The Shins .
    This is exactly right. Some bands never catch on in some areas but are widely popular in others. Rocksmith has provided many chances to listen to bands I would not normally listen to and have never heard of.

Not sure why so many seem to have have it in their heads that if they have never heard of a band or do not like the band they must suck and cry against it's inclusion.

If you really want to be the best musician possible I think it is important to study as many styles and genres as possible. Never know what you might learn checking out something off your beaten path.