C.Linton's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post

Richard Otcasek and Benjamin Orzechowski were in several bands together before The Cars, including Richard and the Rabbits, Cap'n Swing, and Martin Mull and his Fabulous Furniture (yes, Colonel Mustard from Clue -- he had a few albums, at least one of which is on Spotify). But Milkwood was their first band together, and they got as far as putting out an album of folk rock.

Indeed.
    Mull is actually a decent guitarist, it was a major part of his standup act for a long while. He did have at least one album that I liked, that a friend of mine had, with songs like "The Only Thing I Got that's Black is the Blues.", "Licks off of Records" (where he explains how he learned guitar) and "Baby Bottle Blues", where he played a Delta Blues slide tune by using a baby bottle on a ukulele.

RokDog007's Avatar Senior Member
    Great...!
    the Cars have some decent riffs & this will be nice material for aspiring guitarists to get their groove on too

3/3 dlc

Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post

A band called Milkwood wrote a song called How's the weather in alstonia...........This band went on to become The Cars........... Hope this is it

Garrett_x50_cal's Avatar Member
    Yes

Cannot wait I can only hope that the note trackers can transcribe the keyboard part for "Just What I Needed" into a guitar part like what was done for the Whos' Baba O'reiley!

toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member

plz

ghmorello's Avatar Senior Member
    Since there were so many AC/DC fans disappointed in this thread, I think this gif is appropriate.

AC/DC hopes is the guy while the correct answer of The Cars being the band next week is the car itself.

Gives me a reason to post this:

Garrett_x50_cal's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by ghmorello Go to original post
    Since there were so many AC/DC fans disappointed in this thread, I think this gif is appropriate.

AC/DC hopes is the guy while the correct answer of The Cars being the band next week is the car itself.
    Lol thanks for the in depth explanation for that mentally strenuous gif.

thoman23's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by ceestewart Go to original post
    Gives me a reason to post this:

Loved that violin solo! Awesome that we will be playing it (sans violin presumably) on Tuesday.

Oooh! Moving in Stereo would be awesome.