i noticed that my frame rates dropped from 60fps to 30-40++fps after AEP installation.

Is this normal? Anyone else experienced this?

i noticed that my frame rates dropped from 60fps to 30-40++fps after AEP installation.

Is this normal? Anyone else experienced this?

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    My FPS were completely unchanged. Not sure what would cause that.

Perhaps try reinstalling the game...or clean your drivers out and reinstall those.

RCAF 412 Falcon Squadron - "Swift to Avenge"

hmmm...??

clint-ruin's Avatar Senior Member
    Worth checking if your il2setup configuration has changed. I believe there may have been some changes to sound handling in FB, see if you can get back your missing FPS by selecting 'custom' sound options and toying with the frequency/channel/acceleration settings there.

If problems persist, see your Il2 Community Support forum.

IIRC when I changed to AEP the IL2setup confingurations were not the same as what they were with FB, like Clint said. That would be my first port of call.

AEP really slowed down!!! I´m not happy about it, because I bought a new comp just two months ago.
    Asus P800s, P4 2.8, ram 1000M, gpu Fx5700 256M etc, everything was great until a new water came with AEP (my set to 1 in config.ini). I´m forced to go to not perfect mode with standart water! Isn´t it strange. I bought new PC to play on perfect mode!
    Steph

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    I know of few who can actually realistically use the Perfect mode level of water...

I'm at excellent and that will do for me.

RCAF 412 Falcon Squadron - "Swift to Avenge"

LeadSpitter_'s Avatar Banned
    I lost 10-20fps here and I get graphic glitches on runways above 3000m with 2.0 that i do not get in 1.0.

Im using the recommended nvdia drivers by hunter82 for my ge4 4600 ti

on my other computer i get the same issues using a ge4 4200, everything checkout ok in the dxdiag

I heard many other experience this problem with ge4 cards since AEP and its being corrected.

My frame rates seemed to increase slightly with the installation of AEP. I have a 128 meg Radeon 9800, and I'm using the Cat 4.2 drivers. The game is playable in perfect mode at 1024 x 768, but I prefer slightly higher res in excellent mode.