What's the best method for setting the trim of the aircraft in this sim? I'm getting tired of the 'ctrl arrow' routine.

Johann

Horrido!
    "We need more ammo!"

"Achtung Kommandant, sind Sie Fl√¬§che auf Feuer"

What's the best method for setting the trim of the aircraft in this sim? I'm getting tired of the 'ctrl arrow' routine.

Johann

Horrido!
    "We need more ammo!"

"trim on a slider"

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''

plane is 2slow, guns are 2weak and DM suck?...Then click here

Fear british army.

"Big Bills suck, small Bills don't"<----WRONG!!!! all Bills suck

El Turo's Avatar Senior Member

Callsign "Turo" in IL2:FB & WWIIOL

Bearcat99's Avatar Senior Member
    Trim on a slider is the wayto go. It is closest to the real thing.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE> [/list]<UL TYPE=SQUARE>vflyer@comcast.net[/list]<UL TYPE=SQUARE>99thPursuit Squadron IL2 Forgotten Battles[/list]
    UDQMG | HYPERLOBBY | IL2 Manager | MUDMOVERS

Guess it's time for a new joystick......

Which ones that are reasonably priced have sliders (I'll need 2; one for aileron & one for elevator)?

Most of my trim problems are with aileron rather than elevator.........

Johann

Horrido!
    "We need more ammo!"

El Turo's Avatar Senior Member
    Define reasonably priced..?

X-45 is the best mid-to-low range HOTAS setup for about $70 or so (I think you can get reconditioned sets from Saitek for maybe $40?).

The only drawback on the X45 is the rocker-arm rudder control. Although, some people say it's fine for them.. I absolutely hated the thing compared to rudder pedals.

For the money, there isn't anything remotely close to the X45 in terms of features and quality.

I finally wore my X45 stick out at about 18 months and replaced the stick with a CH Fighterstick and am absolutely overjoyed with the new stick. However, you're looking at about $110 for JUST the CH Fighterstick, about $100 more for CH Pro Pedals and about another $100 for the CH Throttle.

I believe that the CH setup is the best quality/feature/cost of the higher-end HOTAS setups.. for about $300-350 total cost.

The Cougar is ok, but due to marginal internal parts/construction it really costs close to $600 to get the thing fully up to speed, and thats a whole lot of cabbage for just a stick and throttle.

Callsign "Turo" in IL2:FB & WWIIOL