Thread: Canon | Forums

CJReilly's Avatar Junior Member

Canon

I've only ever played the games and watched lineage but apart from that could some one kindly give me a full list of other media that is all canon, I'm interested in everything, movies, books, comics the lot as long as it's all canon.
    Thanks

Originally Posted by CJReilly Go to original post
    I've only ever played the games and watched lineage but apart from that could some one kindly give me a full list of other media that is all canon, I'm interested in everything, movies, books, comics the lot as long as it's all canon.
    Thanks
    The Comics -- THE FALL, THE CHAIN, BRAHMAN are all Canon (the French BD however are not canon).
    Novels - FORSAKEN, BLACK FLAG, UNITY (except for the stuff that appears in the game are all canon)
    INITIATES Website is Canon.
    EMBERS is Also Canon.

Thanks for the list mate but what do you mean by except for the stuff that appears in the game?

Originally Posted by CJReilly Go to original post
    Thanks for the list mate but what do you mean by except for the stuff that appears in the game?
    Well the novels are novels, so it basically explains everything in the game, so sometimes it just simplifies and condenses it. So for instance, certain missions take place in an altered way in the books compared to the games. So that's what I mean by except for the stuff that appears in the game.

ah ok I got you thanks

wvstolzing's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by VestigialLlama4 Go to original post
    (the French BD however are not canon).
    The first issue ("Desmond") definitely is not, but the second issue ("Accipiter") seems to be canon according to the wiki; the state of "Aquilus" is ambiguous, while "El Cakr" and "Leila" appear to be non-canon.

In any case, The Fall and The Chain are the only good ones.

for more: http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki...(comic_series)

Locopells's Avatar AC Forum Mod
    The AC Lineage short film is also canon.

Canon. Sorry, one beer too many. Off to bed.

SixKeys's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by VestigialLlama4 Go to original post
    Well the novels are novels, so it basically explains everything in the game, so sometimes it just simplifies and condenses it. So for instance, certain missions take place in an altered way in the books compared to the games. So that's what I mean by except for the stuff that appears in the game.
    Some of the early novels directly contradict the games, like the AC: Renaissance novel where the Pope kills himself, which we know obviously didn't happen. The later novels (like the ones you mentioned) seem to be more consistent though.

Originally Posted by SixKeys Go to original post
    Some of the early novels directly contradict the games, like the AC: Renaissance novel where the Pope kills himself, which we know obviously didn't happen. The later novels (like the ones you mentioned) seem to be more consistent though.
    Yeah, they started riding the transmedia gravy train with FORSAKEN and made it more relevant and put in stuff in the books that's not in the game. Also you know they are all written by the characters (Haytham, Edward and Elise) so there's always allowances for unreliable narrator (errors, poor recollection, biases). Like in the Black Flag journal, Edward kind of whitewashes himself a lot, whereas Haytham is plainly using the book to talk of his personal life and not about his Templar work (which kind of but not exactly justifies why Shay is missing from the book, Haytham never saw him as more than a Templar grunt to boss around). The Elise journal is weakly written in that the writer finds it hard to write a woman's point of view well so it comes off as a lot more childish than the character in the game but it has good moments.