RetiredRonin's Avatar Senior Community Manager

Why Single Player MP Will Not Arrive On Xbox 360

Hello all,

There have been some questions as to why Single Lane Multiplayer has been announced for Trials Fusion on the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC, while the Xbox 360 version of Trials Fusion is missing from that list. We’re going to shine some light on this situation right now.

The Xbox 360 will always be held in fond regard by all of us here at RedLynx, as we are sure that it is by many members of the Trials community. It’s where most of our console players got their first taste of Trials, be it in the form of Trials HD or Trials Evolution. By launching Trials Fusion in the time that we did, when multiple generations of consoles were available, we were able to make it available on most platforms and allow far more players to play without the need to purchase new hardware.

After looking at the feedback from the community about single player tracks not being available in online multiplayer, we made it a priority to see if, and how, this request could be fulfilled. The original plan for direct player vs player Trials Fusion Online Multiplayer is X-Supercross. X-Supercross was the only planned Online Multiplayer mode and there were no plans to include single player tracks in it. When the single player tracks were created they were intended solely for single player gaming and were optimized for performance based on the single player mode. Because of the added layers of multiplayer code, as well as the addition of more players on the track, it is more than enough to cause performance issues even on newer hardware.

We’ve been very ambitious with Trials Fusion from the beginning, the game and all of the planned Feature Packs and DLCs are pushing the hardware of this specific console to the limits. The inclusion of these tracks in this mode pushes it past those limits. We have maxed out what is possible from a technical resource standpoint with the planned content and features for Trials Fusion.

Trials Fusion has been pushing the limits of resources on all platforms, and some Single Player tracks are not currently running in Online Multiplayer at a level that we find acceptable. There is a possibility that there will be Single Player Trials tracks that will not be available in Single Lane Multiplayer for any platform.

It’s not a decision that has been taken lightly, but it is not possible to implement a Single Lane Multiplayer mode in Online Multiplayer on Xbox 360.

UPDATE: 2/24/2015

I can totally understand that the 360 is not capable of running some of the new technically advanced coding. After playing Fusion on the xbone then going back to 360 Fusion, it is very apparent that the 360 just isn't up to scratch.
    The issue that sticks in the throat is that 360 Fusion costs the same as xbone, actually you can buy Fusion on the xbone and PS4 in supermarkets and on Amazon for under £30 in the UK, Fusion on 360 including season pass is over £30.
    Fusion is the only game I am aware of that is on old and new consoles for the same price, why? All other Ubisoft games are cheaper on the 360.
    Are there any plans to give something back to 360 users?

It might just be the American market, but prices I see for games on old and new consoles are the same. You can always find things for less, but this is typically due to retailer markdowns and not a change in MSRP.

empecee's Avatar Senior Member
    i find it hard to believe a game where a bike basicly goes from left to right can bog down a system including next gen . when games like gta 5 exist with open world gameplay and real time weather effects and lighting . i know gta cost miles more to produce and had years of man hours and programming but it still runs on 360 with its limited hardware. .

Sandholm's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by empecee Go to original post
    i find it hard to believe a game where a bike basicly goes from left to right can bog down a system including next gen . when games like gta 5 exist with open world gameplay and real time weather effects and lighting . i know gta cost miles more to produce and had years of man hours and programming but it still runs on 360 with its limited hardware. .
    that ^

GTA 5 running perfectly on 360, but fusion can't. do not understand that logic

En0-'s Avatar Trials Developer
    GTA doesn't run user generated content levels and 60 fps on X360.

TeriXeri's Avatar Senior Member
    GTA 5 runs indeed at 30 fps, even on "next gen" (PS4 at the moment is the best looking version untlil PC comes out)

Also there's only half the player count and vastly reduced graphics between the first launch (360/PS3), and second launch (X1/PS4)

Also you can place a lot more objects in a next gen custom content map.

PC version will be the only one that will have 60 fps, and higher resolutions up to 4k, which also likely includes graphic settings higher then consoles

If you compare GTA 5 X360 gameplay compared to the first promo trailer you notice like 90% of the trees are gone from the Raton Canyon forest area for example, a lot more on next gen, but still less.

PC version isn't out yet until 24/3 so cannot judge the exact graphic differences it will have compared to PS4. I'm sure they will release a comparison video closer to launch.

Ok, I realize GTA 5 is a vastly different game, the online portion being more Semi-MMO like and it allows character/progress transfers between platforms.

I admit have never played GTA 5 but since it's coming to PC I've done a ton of research on the game in the last weeks (original launch date was going to be 27/1 but then delayed).

empecee's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by TeriXeri Go to original post
    GTA 5 runs indeed at 30 fps, even on "next gen" (PS4 at the moment is the best looking version untlil PC comes out)

Also there's only half the player count and vastly reduced graphics between the first launch (360/PS3), and second launch (X1/PS4)

Also you can place a lot more objects in a next gen custom content map.

PC version will be the only one that will have 60 fps, and higher resolutions up to 4k, which also likely includes graphic settings higher then consoles

If you compare GTA 5 X360 gameplay compared to the first promo trailer you notice like 90% of the trees are gone from the Raton Canyon forest area for example, a lot more on next gen, but still less.

PC version isn't out yet until 24/3 so cannot judge the exact graphic differences it will have compared to PS4. I'm sure they will release a comparison video closer to launch.

Ok, I realize GTA 5 is a vastly different game, the online portion being more Semi-MMO like and it allows character/progress transfers between platforms.

I admit have never played GTA 5 but since it's coming to PC I've done a ton of research on the game in the last weeks (original launch date was going to be 27/1 but then delayed).
    thats all interesting but i was using gta to point out that 360 with its dated hardware can still run it . in whatever cut down form . you still get to play

Originally Posted by En0- Go to original post
    GTA doesn't run user generated content levels and 60 fps on X360.
    GTA 5 was also specifically built for the PS3 & Xbox 360, whereas Trials Fusion was built for Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 and PC. You can still play Trials Fusion MP on Xbox 360, just not this specific game more.

Originally Posted by Sandholm Go to original post
    GTA 5 running perfectly on 360
    Gta 5 does not run perfectly on 360.
    I played it on both xbox consoles and there is a huge difference.
    Its runs okay on 360 but x1 is way more smooth.

Come onnnnn Sandy, join us on Xbox One. You know you want toooo.

We got the best track central!
    We got the best players!!
    We got the coolest people!!! [Me ]

Stop resisting and join us in the future!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►