1. #1
    The4orTy67's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Micronesia
    Posts
    548

    Unity is just too damn difficult :mad:

    Let me start by saying that AC II was my first foray into the Assassin's Creed franchise. I bought it in 2013. All was good. Game was fun. Combat well balanced. I didn't die too often.

    Now fast forward to 2015, I picked up Unity and well this game has to be the hardest one I have ever owned. Enemies can kill you in 2 to 3 hits. Snipers take you down with one shot. There isn't even a designated block button like in previous AC games. The controls are slow responding, sometimes Arno is refusing to use his sword or climb up a building. The only thing I really like are some of the sandbox missions and the graphics (the overall performance eh not so much). Gear is seriously overpriced, I bought all the Cafès and own the Cafè Theatre and I still only make 40k an hour. Don't even get me started on those microtransactions. I can't recall if AC II was this greedy. I'm selling this game tomorrow and would like to ask:

    Is AC IV: Black Flag better than Unity? I don't care about the whole parkour stuff I reckon it's similiar to AC III; I just wanna know if I'll get my butt handed to me every single time I step into a fight. Also, I really dig the pirate setting.

    Inb4 "you r a n00b" comments.
    Share this post

  2. #2
    Xstantin's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    2,371
    Climb the roof and hide behind chimneys to kill the gunners first with hidden blades, on top of that they're very weak once you get close so they won't shoot you
    Smoke bomb everything + health skill thingy like "thicker skin" or whatever it was called
    Also, you can berserk the heavy guys like defenders and they'll do you job for the most part cause they have pretty good endurance
    Share this post

  3. #3
    Originally Posted by The4orTy67 Go to original post
    Let me start by saying that AC II was my first foray into the Assassin's Creed franchise. I bought it in 2013. All was good. Game was fun. Combat well balanced. I didn't die too often.

    Now fast forward to 2015, I picked up Unity and well this game has to be the hardest one I have ever owned. Enemies can kill you in 2 to 3 hits. Snipers take you down with one shot. There isn't even a designated block button like in previous AC games. The controls are slow responding, sometimes Arno is refusing to use his sword or climb up a building. The only thing I really like are some of the sandbox missions and the graphics (the overall performance eh not so much). Gear is seriously overpriced, I bought all the Cafès and own the Cafè Theatre and I still only make 40k an hour. Don't even get me started on those microtransactions. I can't recall if AC II was this greedy. I'm selling this game tomorrow and would like to ask:

    Is AC IV: Black Flag better than Unity? I don't care about the whole parkour stuff I reckon it's similiar to AC III; I just wanna know if I'll get my butt handed to me every single time I step into a fight. Also, I really dig the pirate setting.

    Inb4 "you r a n00b" comments.
    Black Flag is still the old combat style, just made a bit tougher. So it'll be more fun then ACII was. Ubisoft took alot out of combat and claimed they made it more difficult. Which they did... head banging, controller throwing harder... It took all the fun out of combat. Which i'll admit combat shouldn't be your main focus in a game like this, it should still be balanced with stealth so you dont feel like your being punished for going combat.
    Share this post

  4. #4
    Megas_Doux's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4,648
    It´s not that Unity is hard, this is NO Dark Souls for example, but mostly the fact the rest of the games in the franchise are UBER easy to a point in which dying instead of surviving is the actual predicament regarding combat. Thing is you just were accustomed to that scenario, after all it´s been six games with that almost non existent difficulty system.

    In previous games you could carelessly blitz an entire battalion and neither your gear -weapons/armour- nor the quantity/quality or your enemies mattered a bit due the easiness of it. All you needed to know was the location of the counter and attack buttons in your control/keyboard because the window was bigger than The Arc de Triomphe and that alone got the job done. So,my advice?????

    1 Try taking down stealthy as much enemies as you can, the big guys first.
    2 Roll, roll and roll, that way should you encounter more than 4 enemies you will able to "dodge" the gun shoots.
    3 Upgrade the heavy attack on "melee option" cant remember its name though. That will help you defeating your enemies, that with a better weapon than the first ones of course.
    4 Upgrade your Cafe theatre and buy the lesser ones within the districts. Once you have enough money to get a better gear, the game will get a lot easier. Hey, after all I still find Unity not hard.....

    PD It seems the MAJORITY of fans are reacting to Unity´s "difficulty" in a negative way and thus I´m afraid we´ll back to the old ways of being an invincible force of nature able to go through waves and waves of enemies no matter the situation and supported by 958958309 units of ammo like it was nothing....
    Share this post

  5. #5
    Nyvri's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    5,676
    Black Flag's combat is very easy, you'll enjoy it.
    Share this post

  6. #6
    Megas_Doux's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4,648
    Originally Posted by DemonLord4lf Go to original post
    Which i'll admit combat shouldn't be your main focus in a game like this, it should still be balanced with stealth so you dont feel like your being punished for going combat.

    I dont know which stealth games have you played, but in Metal Gear, Thief, Arkham, Splinter Cell and even the more action oriented Uncharted you are actually "punished" for going combat, mostly in the higher difficulty levels. In fact, on Metal Gear Sons of Liberty you can activate a game option of failing the mission aka dying should the guards detect you and dont get me started on Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater, in which openly blitzing more than two enemies -high difficulty levels, just in case- is a death sentence......
    Share this post

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by Megas_Doux Go to original post
    I dont know which stealth games have you played, but in Metal Gear, Thief, Arkham, Splinter Cell and even the more action oriented Uncharted you are actually "punished" for going combat, mostly in the higher difficulty levels. In fact, on Metal Gear Sons of Liberty you can activate a game option of failing the mission aka dying should the guards detect you and dont get me started on Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater, in which openly blitzing more than two enemies -high difficulty levels, just in case- is a death sentence......
    I never said this game was a pure stealth game. It has never been purely about stealth. It has always been about combat and stealth. Now all of a sudden they want it to be pure stealth. Also, i did a lot of pure combat in those games too. Though i did play on a lower difficulty level. AC never had a difficulty level, which i believe they should do now. Since some people think the game should be pure stealth and others want it to be the way it was since AC II. Just my opinion on the matter.
    Share this post

  8. #8
    Namikaze_17's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Time & Space Realm
    Posts
    7,457
    That's too bad...

    Back to simplistic five-year old combat we go.
    Share this post

  9. #9
    Nyvri's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    5,676
    Originally Posted by DemonLord4lf Go to original post
    I never said this game was a pure stealth game. It has never been purely about stealth. It has always been about combat and stealth. Now all of a sudden they want it to be pure stealth. Also, i did a lot of pure combat in those games too. Though i did play on a lower difficulty level. AC never had a difficulty level, which i believe they should do now. Since some people think the game should be pure stealth and others want it to be the way it was since AC II. Just my opinion on the matter.
    AC is about stealth, combat, and navigation. The 3 core pillars of the franchise. Previous ACs were mostly pseudo stealth. They originally forced you to do one or two things as a time and was full of desyncs. It sucked. I still get nightmares from Brotherhood.

    With Unity, there's only a few linear/scripted sequences. Unity, for the most part, promotes open-ended decisions. It's not about just stealth, it's about giving you decisions. Do you want to run in rambo and kill everyone? Go for it. Do you want to go and kill the main target discreetly? Go for it. Don't mistake balancing combat for promoting stealth. Combat was ridiculously easy back then.
    Share this post

  10. #10
    Megas_Doux's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4,648
    Originally Posted by Namikaze_17 Go to original post
    That's too bad...

    Back to simplistic five-year old combat we go.
    That fives year old sentence thing is mine to use...I´ll sue you haha ;p
    Share this post

Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last ►►