trackah123's Avatar Member
    @Jahandar

Couldn't have said it better myself, amen to that!

Disappointed...at Ubisoft

I am a PS4 player, and if this news reached me then it's big. In fact it is so big that there was no chance for me to avoid it. It's so big that I felt that I had to do something, and I choose to reply to this forum thread as I want to honor slump3r.

At the start It all was just fun reading. Taking cars, phones and other merchandises as examples being taken without you knowing was really fun to read. But the more I read the more I became disappointed, at Ubisoft. I was hooked on 2 things chaining to each other. The first is Ubisoft authorized resellers. Searching for it will result in more news and threads about this debacle. Also searching for 3rd party dealer will bring up Ubisoft with PewDiePie and eventually with some affiliation to G2A and G2Play. The second thing is to use common sense to buy CD keys from authorized sellers. This is where my common sense some what breaks.

Common sense will only work in an environment with people like minded with similar knowledge. Common sense will not work towards different cultures and religion. Common sense will surly not be as effective on internet forum which involve Ubisoft themselves. Try common sense on eating raw poisonous fish in Japan. Try common sense on bargain the prices in Thailand floating market. Try common sense about fishing on thin ice in Sweden. Common sense on those cases will make no sense to people who doesn't understand. In this case the common sense should be if you have Poland salary you will not buy in euros. If you sell defect product you must refund it. Which I'm glad to hear that G2A and G2Play does. Common sense from Ubisoft part should be to inform players about revoking unauthorized CD-keys on Friday then the next week revoke with the message to request refund from your vendor.

Despite that I'm safe behind Playstation wall Far cry 4 will be the last game I play from Ubisoft. Because this could have affected me if I was behind a PC. Common sense tells us that if you see the same product that is cheaper else where you'll go for it.

Well, I have an idea...
    HOW ABOUT FAIR PRICES IN YOUR, OH, SO LEGITIMATE SOURCE?[
    New Ubisoft titles cost about 190-250pln in Poland. Average pay is about 2000pln. Can you do MATH?what did you get? Is it one tenth of an average salary? BRAVO! Now, do you still think your trade is fair?
    Gaming is considered a luxury when talking about prices...
    This is so ****ing exhausting, Ubi will NEVER win with piracy or shady shops. They will clamour ad finitum with the tantrum about BAD BAD pirates... Start using your common sense not your god damn gree I dare you.

Oh and another thing. A bulk sale of 10000 keys with a stolen CC? How much is that? Lets go cheap, 40€, ok? It gives me 400 000€... you cant have that, CC have online purchase limits, dont they? I'm going by the statements mind you. So how did that purchase DID NOT RAISE ANY FLAGS? I still think its a lie and damage controll - war waged in name of regional pricing.

Originally Posted by trackah123 Go to original post
    @Jahandar

Couldn't have said it better myself, amen to that!
    I mostly agree actually, even though I started this thread.
    My main concern was and still is the way of handling the problem, specifically the PR.

I don't know the digital world enough to comment on the stolen keys,
    but looking at all sources provided+ a little bit of research, it's true.

I understand the malcontent; hell, I was the most pissed off person when I saw my game disappear.
    Ubi also stated it has anything to do with the use of unauthorized seller, except it origins from there, and that with an authorized one, you are protected
    (I still wonder about the keys banned that were from the purchase of a graphic card...that I do not understand).

So buyer beware, buying as you (and I still) do has risks of scam, we just experienced one and indeed, with a bit of common sense,
    we can easily deduct that Ubisoft has nothing to refund to us (I never claimed so anyway).

With my refund, I bought another game and that's the end of it.

Still, in the future, Ubi should stop the BS and be right on top of their decisions.
    I think that the lack of response was the main catalyst for all the rage.

The only winner here are the people who scammed us.
    Ubi got bad (but deserved) PR in a lot of websites/blogs/forums
    Our money was taken away

Well, yeah, we all lost.
    Still,

Originally Posted by HangmansTree Go to original post
    Well, I have an idea...
    HOW ABOUT FAIR PRICES IN YOUR, OH, SO LEGITIMATE SOURCE?
    New Ubisoft titles cost about 180-200pln in Poland. Average pay is about 2000pln. Can you do MATH?what did you get? Is it one tenth of an average salary? BRAVO! Now, do you still think your trade is fair?
    Gaming is considered a luxury when talking about prices...
    This is so ****ing exhausting, Ubi will NEVER win with piracy or shady shops. They will clamour ad finitum with the tantrum about BAD BAD pirates... Start using your common sense not your god damn greed. I dare you.

No need to get all "capslock" here.
    I already explained that point about the salary and prices of games in Poland in other pages.

But it's true, prices of new game has Ubi on the top of the expensive list.
    Well, indeed blame the game industry.

Tully__'s Avatar Global Moderator
    Originally Posted by slump3r Go to original post
    ...(I still wonder about the keys banned that were from the purchase of a graphic card...that I do not understand).
    That's a separate issue and as suggested by community managers in other topics, if you've had a promo code granted with a product purchase banned for reasons you're not sure of, you should contact both the promoters and Ubisoft support to ask what's going on. People who've had code bought at the sellers mentioned in this case should contact those sellers for a refund.

Still, in the future, Ubi should stop the BS and be right on top of their decisions.
    They were right on top of their decisions, but those decisions were made and the actions performed late on a Friday. Unfortately this didn't give the PR people time to release prepare a statement before the weekend. The outcome of the investigations wasn't available until later on. The PR announcements were made at the earliest time that the PR contacts were able to confirm the information.

Originally Posted by Tully__ Go to original post
    That's a separate issue and as suggested by community managers in other topics, if you've had a promo code granted with a product purchase banned for reasons you're not sure of, you should contact both the promoters and Ubisoft support to ask what's going on. People who've had code bought at the sellers mentioned in this case should contant those sellers for a refund.

They were righ on top of their decisions, but those decisions were made and the actions performed late on a Friday. Unfortately this didn't give the PR people time to release prepare a statement before the weekend. The outcome of the investigations wasn't available until later on. The PR announcements were made at the earliest time that the PR contacts were able to confirm the information.
    Thank you for your input on those keys Tully, I missed this info. My bad.

For the other point,
    I said before, I am head of a financial helpdesk team for a corpo pretty much as big as Ubi.
    We are not being taken by surprise by this kind of actions. We coordinate and make sure that our communication is ready in case of problems as big as those
    This IS a mistake in my opinion, the way it has been handled, and I speak as a professional, not on "emotions" (but It's just my opinion, right?)

Let's be honest for a second: when you decide to revoke thousands and thousands of keys, when you had other PR and miscellaneous problems a few months before,
    you make sure you are ready to communicate about it within hours, not days. And I think anyone with a little bit of common sense knows that.

When I know I need to, or someone in management decides that we will do something that will upset our customers (vendors actually in my case),
    We are certain to be prepared to face the consequences.

And the problem is that the more you (Ubisoft, not your personally obviously) try to justify yourself, the more you dig the grave.
    And serioulsy, is it the first time that Ubisoft takes this long to handle customers grief?

I'm sorry Tully, but I will have to disagree with you on this one.
    But I am happy that we are getting the input of moderators, CM, and Ubi people at least

Tully__'s Avatar Global Moderator
    Originally Posted by HangmansTree Go to original post
    New Ubisoft titles cost about 190-250pln in Poland. Average pay is about 2000pln...
    Is that 2000 per week? Per month? In order for your statement to mean anything, we have to know....

In any case, computer games ARE luxury items, all you'll suffer if you don't buy them is (possibly) boredom and more money to spend elsewhere.

Originally Posted by slump3r Go to original post
    But I am happy that we are getting the input of moderators, CM, and Ubi people at least
    Apart from quoting the official statement, any input of mine is strictly personal opinion. As a volunteer moderator on the forums only, my sources are pretty much the same as yours, personal experience in corporate life (NOT with Ubisoft, I'm not an employee) and what appears in the official anouncements from Ubisoft or through the gaming press.

Is that 2000 per week? Per month? In order for your statement to mean anything, we have to know....
    Ow, well played Tully

I can tell you, I live there as well:
    average is indeed 2000 PLN per month (let's say 500 EUR or 535 USD).

On PC, the price is not that expensive (compared to the point made) in box though (140 for AC Unity, but 220 for the special edition)

http://www.empik.com/szukaj/produkt?...type=basicForm

But well, yes on PS4 or Xbox One, it's 240 zl, so yes, on average people, it costs 1/10th of a salary to pay yourself one Ubi game.
    Which is expensive (even more when you bought it at release and it had all the problems we know), especially in my case, where, as I said, I don't get to have it in English

Far Cry 4 is pretty much the same:

http://www.empik.com/szukaj/produkt?...type=basicForm

(Empik is one of the main polish multimedia shop)

In any case, computer games ARE luxury items, all you'll suffer if you don't buy them is (possibly) boredom and more money to spend elsewhere.

Apart from quoting the official statement, any input of mine is strictly personal opinion. As a volunteer moderator on the forums only, my sources are pretty much the same as yours, personal experience in corporate life (NOT with Ubisoft, I'm not an employee) and what appears in the official anouncements from Ubisoft or through the gaming press.
    I guess we don't have the same kind of experience, then. I would not let this happen this way.
    But as I said before, we are all entitled to our opinions, obviously. When I see the press on the subject, I see the same "disparity" than on this thread.
    Which means in my sense that when there is an argument, it means something is still not clear. And I guess also that all the past Ubisoft problems don't help
    in this case.

I learned a lot in reading those pages, because I believe both "sides" made very good points.
    And I really hope that next time (hopefully there won't be a next time), Ubi can communicate rapidly on such issue.

Thanks anyway for letting everyone express themselves, for those who tried to make it in a civil manner.
    I am pretty much done with this thread, but I am happy that some questions were raised, that some people could share their fear and disappointment,
    that Ubi finally gave an answer in the end.