1. #21

    i got my farcry4 key banned

    i have the same issue, i was playing last week and now i cant play? i BUY this game key and i want it again, i buy from allkeyshop.com the game and the directory link me to kingui, freedom region i never but NEVEr hace issues with these keys and i have a lot of games on steam and now uplay banned a keys from games? ridiculus, we want our games back.
    Share this post

  2. #22
    I bought my copy off of G2A for about $27, still playing flawlessly - https://www.g2a.com
    Share this post

  3. #23
    Your keys were removed because they were found to be illegal. This means they were either generated, bought with stolen credentials, or the key was sold to you by a third party in which they filed a chargeback.

    Either way these keys from these 'discount' retailers are NOT supported by the publisher/developer and are often times ILLEGAL. Most of these prices are sold at a total loss anyway, and it only gets money for the seller as they keep your money but find excuses to not refund you.


    How about you save yourself some trouble and buy it through an official outlet?
    It's not UBI's fault. They just see "oh this key is illegal" and terminate it. If anything you should blame the seller that scammed you.
    Share this post

  4. #24
    Originally Posted by Flying_box Go to original post
    Your keys were removed because they were found to be illegal. This means they were either generated, bought with stolen credentials, or the key was sold to you by a third party in which they filed a chargeback.

    Either way these keys from these 'discount' retailers are NOT supported by the publisher/developer and are often times ILLEGAL. Most of these prices are sold at a total loss anyway, and it only gets money for the seller as they keep your money but find excuses to not refund you.


    How about you save yourself some trouble and buy it through an official outlet?
    It's not UBI's fault. They just see "oh this key is illegal" and terminate it. If anything you should blame the seller that scammed you.
    And there we have a brave player who buys his keys only by a reseller supported by the publisher. Completely rubbish is his argument that UBI is in his right to ban keys and remove this out of libraries by players who bought their keys legit with retaillers. These resellers sell their keys as legit and are doiing this already for years. If Ubi doesnt want this policy to forbid reselling then they must have the courage to begin lawsuits against those resellers instead of punishing the common individual who thinks he has bought the right to play a game for a fair price. This policy of Ubi is totally wrong and will only turn people into piracy. I call every player into action against this policy of Ubi. Use FB and Twitter .Everone who has bought his game by reseller or not must have the right to play the game especially when it is first accepted by Ubi so there is in no way question about the key itself (not generated not stolen). When this is not happening then Ubi congrats; piracy will grow and grow.
    Share this post

  5. #25
    Originally Posted by rjellema Go to original post
    Completely rubbish is this argument that UBI is in his right to ban keys and remove this by players who bought their keys legit with retaillers.
    If these CD key resellers were legitimate, they'd have distribution agreements with publishers -- which they don't (and several publishers and developers have called them out on this) -- and would be charging accordingly. It's ridiculous to see you lot blaming Ubisoft over losing a product when you should be angry at the people who took your money. They're the ones knowingly selling you a dodgy key and then likely refusing to give your money back when they're caught out.
    Share this post

  6. #26

    Originally Posted by Kururu_Souchou Go to original post
    If these CD key resellers were legitimate, they'd have distribution agreements with publishers -- which they don't (and several publishers and developers have called them out on this) -- and would be charging accordingly. It's ridiculous to see you lot blaming Ubisoft over losing a product when you should be angry at the people who took your money. They're the ones knowingly selling you a dodgy key and then likely refusing to give your money back when they're caught out.
    So where can I find the list of official retailers? I haven't seen one and it's ridiculous that the keys which you buy at an unofficial retailer still work. Have you ever seen anyone who said: "Don't buy your key at an unofficial retailer."? No, you didn't, because Ubisoft started to say this after they banned everyone's keys.
    Share this post

  7. #27
    Originally Posted by Niek_3 Go to original post
    Have you ever seen anyone who said: "Don't buy your key at an unofficial retailer."?
    Yes, many many times over the years. Most recent and widespread example would be from the developers of Sniper Elite from last year when they too were revoking stolen keys.

    As for official sites? Try asking support. But for quick reference, they would be Amazon.com, Direct 2 Drive, GamersGate, GOG.com, Green Man Gaming, Steam, and other regional stores (such as Nuuvem for Brazil) and of course publisher own stores, in this case, Ubisoft's own store. I.e., stores that actually obtain their keys directly from the publisher. Then there's high street retail stores who obtain their copies from an authorised distribution channel.
    Share this post

  8. #28
    Originally Posted by Kururu_Souchou Go to original post
    Yes, many many times over the years. Most recent and widespread example would be from the developers of Sniper Elite from last year when they too were revoking stolen keys.

    As for official sites? Try asking support. But for quick reference, they would be Amazon.com, Direct 2 Drive, GamersGate, GOG.com, Green Man Gaming, Steam, and other regional stores (such as Nuuvem for Brazil) and of course publisher own stores, in this case, Ubisoft's own store. I.e., stores that actually obtain their keys directly from the publisher. Then there's high street retail stores who obtain their copies from an authorised distribution channel.


    This practice, while being frowned upon because making the editor loose some money on their digital sales one country to another, is NOT illegal.
    Except if the keys were stolen, in which case, I would like Ubi support to clarify it, and we are waiting for this clarification.

    2nd hand is the same. It's a grey area, some accept it and some don't, but don't talk to me about them having the right to do whatever they want,
    as I explained in another post, would a smartphone company confiscate my smartphone bought a bit cheaper in...Poland (where I live) and sold back in Belgium (where I come from)?

    No the would not as it was paid for the full price intended in the country it comes from.

    Now, if they show me that my key has been stolen, that's another story.

    We are already buying games that are not ready to be edited, but yeah, let's keep defending those corpos that have the worst practice in doing business.
    Share this post

  9. #29
    Originally Posted by Kururu_Souchou Go to original post
    If these CD key resellers were legitimate, they'd have distribution agreements with publishers -- which they don't (and several publishers and developers have called them out on this) -- and would be charging accordingly. It's ridiculous to see you lot blaming Ubisoft over losing a product when you should be angry at the people who took your money. They're the ones knowingly selling you a dodgy key and then likely refusing to give your money back when they're caught out.
    Actually, the retailer I used made me a refund without even discussing it. Good customer service.
    I am disputing the lack of good business practice from Ubi. They should warn the customer if the key was stolen, not deactivate it month after it was used.

    There is a very good reason to be angry at Ubisoft, because, EXCEPT IF THE KEYS WERE IN FACT STOLEN, which I want them to tell me as there was no such explanations so far or no warning of which official web retailer to use, they got paid for those keys and they punish the customer, instead of attacking the retailers that actually sold the keys.

    And what is ridiculous is that you do not see the kind of practice Ubi is using (editing not finish products for example, not informing customers...) in any other corpo.
    And their customer service is not providing a clear coordinated answer on the matter. Trust me, I know what I am talking about, I work also for one.
    In the real world, you go bankrupt for that kind of behavior, but nobody cares about the videogame world and they know it and use it their way.

    Did you ever buy a second hand DVD, book, comic book? I don't know maybe you are too young, but this practice exists since forever.

    Lastly, in my particular case, as I explained, it's my only way to not get a localized game in polish language, which I don't understand, as Ubi is the only editor to release country-language only games, here in Poland. Do they do it on purpose? I don't know but what do they prefer? People buying their games, but for a little bit less money if possible (sorry but anyway paying 59.99 EUR for a broken game, doesn't it seem theft to you as well?) or people not buying anything at all.

    That should make them think, especially to not loose customer or having issues with illegally traded games, which nobody wants, obviously.

    Your move Ubi.
    Share this post

  10. #30
    Fact is nobody knows for sure right now what the problem is. People on this forum who apparantly has no problem with the launcher are saying it is becouse the keys are bought by illegal resellers. That is not confirmed by Ubi. I hope that it is more a technical problem then a problem that Ubi decided to bann every key bought from 3e party. People who has not the problem must enjoy their game; why on this forum ?
    Share this post