Originally Posted by madjoki_ Go to original post
    Yes.
    Really? So, theft is legal? Cool, I'll come over your house, steal your flat screen TV, and also mooch off your power meter too (theft of service) because, according to you, it's legal and acceptable to behave in such a way, right?

Wtf is wrong with Ubisoft

Honestly. I can't believe Ubisoft would pull a stunt like this. We all payed real, hard earned cash for LEGIT keys, so they have no right to ban them. I don't understand why they're going after those who payed for the keys rather thenof those who torrent the game, paying nothing. Its sickening. And what do they think everyone who lost their game will do? buy another copy? I think not. Now, everyone will simply torrent the game. Since Ubisoft only punishes those who ACTUALLY BUY the game.

[removed]

May you lose many lawsuits, and go bankrupt soon,
    -Another pissed off customer

A gift from the torrenting community

Let's all play this as a nice big **** you to ubisoft, since they clearly could care less about those who paid nothing and torrented the game!

[removed]

Originally Posted by GlassVial Go to original post
    Really? So, theft is legal?
    But Ubisoft didn't steal anything, it simply killed unpaid services(game licenses). And yes that's totally legal.

Likewise if you buy phone that turns out to be stolen, even if you didn't know, you will lose access to when owner remotely locks it, leaving it unusable.

hope i'm wrong, can you people afectedd by this post where are you from ? i'm begining to think they are targeting east europe. Have a friend lives in UK, hes key is ok and he bought it from same place in minutes of me.

Originally Posted by madjoki_ Go to original post
    But Ubisoft didn't steal anything, it simply killed unpaid services(game licenses). And yes that's totally legal.

Likewise if you buy phone that turns out to be stolen, even if you didn't know, you will lose access to when owner remotely locks it, leaving it unusable.
    If they have been bought legally from a retailer an they are reselling them. They are as legal as Gamestop is. We do not even know if they were stolen or not since Ubisoft does not say anything ut instead banning games left and right.

Moral of the story: don't buy games from shady publishers

Forget about shady resellers, they're only reselling keys sold to them by shady publishers. Publishers who got paid money, real money, for keys they created and sold willingly, and for which they are now denying access. And why? Because some suit, somewhere, decided that customers should pay maximum price and give maximum profit to some local thief, also called a "business partner" in modern "newspeak".

So the moral of this story is quite simple: only buy games from reputable publishers, from people who respect their customers. And if you can't find any then simply don't buy any.

As customers we have to look after our own interest. Where we buy stuff is our business and nobody else's. What price we are willing to pay, if any, is our business and nobody else's. And if any of these suits think that they can dictate what we should buy, to whom and what price we should pay, they are dead wrong. This is a free market and its about time they learned its rules.

I don't care if Ubisoft wants to protect the "local thieves", sorry I meant "business partners", to the detriment of consumers. What I do care about is that Ubisoft got paid for keys they sold, bought by us with real money, and we want those games or our money back. Not money resellers got by doing legitimate business in a real sense of competition, but money you got for legitimate keys, legitimate keys we used to register those games weeks and months ago. Anything else is theft.

If you can't do business properly then get out of the market and let others who can and are willing to.

My FC4 copy also removed.

Right now I have a support ticket with the retailer I bought it from and Ubisoft. Pretty much going nowehere.

It sucks to have this happen, making me feel like Digital Copies arent worth my time. We should be able to purchase the game from any retailer without fear of it being revoked.

This is as simple as buying from Wal mart, K mart, Best buy, Any store that sells video games. I dont believe in keys can be fake or keys can be stolen.

If the key works after purchasing, that should be it. We should not have to worry about which retailer close to us has keys Ubisoft approves of. This is terrible, I understand they are upset some retailer sells it for cheaper. However if A retailer decides to put XXX game on 50% clearance its not our fault we bought it for cheaper....

I'm in the UK and bought a global key from g2a. Been playing since the 4/1/15 and on Friday it was banned.

Not just Far cry 4, I've had my watch_dogs key banned.