Ubi-Cain's Avatar Uplay PC Developer

Uplay PC - Client Update 4.9.6 - 23/01/2015

Hello Uplay Gamers,

We’ve just released a new client update, and while there won’t be any noticeable changes for you on this occasion, there are some for us to make use of.

In this release we’ve added additional tracking of download errors. Essentially what this will do is allow us to acquire more information relating to the issues some users have been experiencing when downloading games and patches.

We will use this information to fix those issues in the coming weeks while also taking this opportunity to investigate other potential improvements to the way you download your games and patches.

You don’t just have to leave it in our hands though. If you’re having any issues downloading your games or game patches please feel free to head on over to our Technical Support forum section and let us know about it.

Remember to include all of the information you can in your post so that we can track down these issue faster.

--------------------------------

That's it for now folks.
    As always, if you continue to encounter any issues related to downloading games or patches, please don't hesitate to let us know here on the forums.

The Uplay PC Team
    Ubi-Cain

Update deleted my far cry 4 game

I recently bought far cry 4 for the pc and have been playing it for a few weeks now.
    Today uplay said it needed an update so I let it do the update but when I wanted to start far cry again it said i needed to enter the activation code, like it did when i first bought the game. but when i enter my code it says that my code is banned.
    this started when i did this last update from uplay...
    can it be fixed?

Assassin's Creed Black Flag Key invalid after update

Originally Posted by Dominique25995 Go to original post
    I recently bought far cry 4 for the pc and have been playing it for a few weeks now.
    Today uplay said it needed an update so I let it do the update but when I wanted to start far cry again it said i needed to enter the activation code, like it did when i first bought the game. but when i enter my code it says that my code is banned.
    this started when i did this last update from uplay...
    can it be fixed?
    Same happened to my AC Black Flag copy i bought a week ago ...

Far cry 4 after client update

I have also had the same problem with far cry 4 and was sent an activation code weeks back from a friend as a gift. first of all I no longer have this code and secondly why on earth am I being asked to activate a game that was already fully installed on my pc? im am furious!!!

code problem

same problem with ac unity, uplay is asking the cd code but the game is on my pc .....

cd key banned

same thing for me guys with my AC Unity on PC. Glad to know I wasn't the only one

Ubi-Cain's Avatar Uplay PC Developer
    I'm looking into the issues regarding banned games.
    Where did you all purchase your games from?

/Cain

Source of banned keys

Originally Posted by Ubi-Cain Go to original post
    I'm looking into the issues regarding banned games.
    Where did you all purchase your games from?

/Cain
    I guess (looking throw the forum) most of us bought their banned keys at g2a.com or kinguin.com. In my case it was g2a.com, which looked trustworthy and is promoted a lot at sites like twitch.tv at the moment.

Now i realized that it seems like those keys they offer are not valid at all and probably bought with non covered or even stolen credit cards.

What is and was confusing for me as costumer is the fact that this key ban was issued the same time the client patch was released and that the game was just removed out of the library without any notification.

Also the fact that i get told to contact the tech support when i re-enter the key is not helpful at all as the retailer demands for refund a clear proof from my side that ubisoft banned the key.

I want to thank you for your time to answer us here, but i guess this is not really a uplay client issue, just the lack of information about the key bans confused us costumers.

And i guess a improvement in that direction in the future (of giving more details about key bans directly in the uplay client) would be appreciated.

I would still be glad about any answer about what exactly happened.

Okay, what is about this:

Hi,

I have problems by updating my Far Cry 4 since the latest update ("IGE patch") . An error message occur:

Internet connection is active and enough free disk space (+20 GB) is given.

The log file says:

[ 7904] 2015-02-05 21:05:58 [ 1428] ERROR EdisonManifest.cpp (207) Failed to read manifest content.
    [ 7904] 2015-02-05 21:05:58 [ 1428] ERROR DownloadEdisonSetupPatch.cpp (309) Failed to get patching manifest.
    [ 7904] 2015-02-05 21:05:58 [ 1428] ERROR DownloadGame.cpp (740) Download failed with generic error.
    So please let me know, what is going wrong

My Uplay client was updated today.

What is new? Will be there news about changes, please?