I have X45 (USB) and Pro Pedals (gameport) working like a charm on Windows XP. Recently I learned that there might be some tricks to enable toe brake axis also on the non-USB version of CH Pro pedals.

I know that the toe brake FM is not implemented yet in IL2FB but I could take those axis in other use if possible.

So If you have solved this problemo then please share the wisdom here. Do You need to use a gameport to USB converter? Do You need to plug 'AUX' plug to 'Joystick' plug in pedals? If so will it work w/o having a dummy controller strapped in the pedals?

Cheers in advance

Leech / Lufthunden
    www.lufthunden.com

I have X45 (USB) and Pro Pedals (gameport) working like a charm on Windows XP. Recently I learned that there might be some tricks to enable toe brake axis also on the non-USB version of CH Pro pedals.

I know that the toe brake FM is not implemented yet in IL2FB but I could take those axis in other use if possible.

So If you have solved this problemo then please share the wisdom here. Do You need to use a gameport to USB converter? Do You need to plug 'AUX' plug to 'Joystick' plug in pedals? If so will it work w/o having a dummy controller strapped in the pedals?

Cheers in advance

Leech / Lufthunden
    www.lufthunden.com

Hello fellow Hunden

Check this one out...
    Cougar.frugalsworld.com/mods.php#CH
    That's mostly for the cougars, but with minor mods I think that will also work as standalone "joystick".

-Mave / Lufthunden
    www.lufthunden.com

Thanks! its working now with the "toe brake" axis.

Anyways. Now I need a meaning to this modding What the hell shall I put to my new toe brake axis (X and Y)? What have you guys put on the toe brakes section in FB?

Cheers,
    Leech / Lufthunden
    www.lufthunden.com

The toe brake IS implemented in FB just not differential braking so you need assign brakes to ONE of the pedals. I have the USB pedals so it wasn't a problem though.

Good luck.

Xnomad's Avatar Senior Member
    You can assign brakes to both axis I can't be bothered explaining right now as I've had a tough day at work but go here they maybe will have some answers:

http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/

Or alternatively download the IL2 map from the CH official website and taylor it to your needs.

Thanks a bunch guys! I've got it all working beautifully.

Leech / Lufthunden
    www.lufthunden.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Leech_:
    http://www.lufthunden.com<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Leech

So the ch products website is misleading us? it said you can't mix usb/gameport
    I have a MSFT SideWinder Force Feedback 2. Is your pedals connected to your X45 or directly to the game port?

Thanks!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PriK:
    The toe brake IS implemented in FB just not differential braking so you need assign brakes to ONE of the pedals.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Absolutely correct.

Most of the aircraft in this sim had a handbrake. The rudder pedals controlled left/right brake proportioning, but brake application was via a hand lever. Only the the Yank and Kraut planes had footbrakes.

Squeeze with your hand, steer with your feet.

rssmps, Youre right there. The official statement of the CH is just what You stated. However You can combine the use of these with ease. I have my pedals going straight into a gameport w/o any USB converters. X45 is working as a separate controller. The toe-brake axis is also working like advertised only on USB-pedals!

Need any spesific info? Let me know.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

Leech

So the ch products website is misleading us? it said you can't mix usb/gameport
    I have a MSFT SideWinder Force Feedback 2. Is your pedals connected to your X45 or directly to the game port?

Thanks!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>