PDA

View Full Version : What is the point of the random items when looting dead bodies?

EmptyCrustacean
01-22-2015, 02:26 AM
Something I've always been curious about that the game never bothers to explain.
I'm playing Dead Kings at the moment so I've got something to do whilst the companion app is running (hate that thing)
I've seen something about 'ribbons' and other random items. Can you sell them? If not, why are they there?

DemonLord4lf
01-22-2015, 02:33 AM
Something I've always been curious about that the game never bothers to explain.
I'm playing Dead Kings at the moment so I've got something to do whilst the companion app is running (hate that thing)
I've seen something about 'ribbons' and other random items. Can you sell them? If not, why are they there?

They "auto-sell". Once you get the item it shows a number next to it. Why they even bother doing that is beyond me. Just give me a big amount of money instead of showing me this guy had some random things on him that are "auto-sold". If there was a way to sell them on our own then it be interesting to see what they do with it. IE Far Cry 3 and 4 had random loot from enemies which you could then go and sell. These random loot items had quirky little descriptions with them. They are interesting at first, but are just a minor thing in the long run.

EmptyCrustacean
01-22-2015, 02:53 AM
They "auto-sell". Once you get the item it shows a number next to it. Why they even bother doing that is beyond me. Just give me a big amount of money instead of showing me this guy had some random things on him that are "auto-sold". If there was a way to sell them on our own then it be interesting to see what they do with it. IE Far Cry 3 and 4 had random loot from enemies which you could then go and sell. These random loot items had quirky little descriptions with them. They are interesting at first, but are just a minor thing in the long run.

Thanks for answering that; it was driving me crazy.

Kinda pointless! The number next to it could have just beenn added to the money you loot from the body.

wvstolzing
01-22-2015, 02:57 AM
I was confused, because I thought I was gathering those items, a la ACB, for store quests, or something similar -- but then I had no idea *where* I was 'gathering' them; and there didn't seem to be any 'store quests'.

At least they didn't put in 'shrunken heads' this time. :rolleyes:

DemonLord4lf
01-22-2015, 05:12 AM
Thanks for answering that; it was driving me crazy.

Kinda pointless! The number next to it could have just beenn added to the money you loot from the body.

Yep, if you're going to put those items into the game give them some kind of function, such as selling them at a store or being used for side quests.