PDA

View Full Version : A fresh and SAFE start in Unity possible?

dargor5
01-22-2015, 01:39 AM
This is specially for any Mod or community manager out there reading these forums.

I know the only way of having a fresh new start on Unity is to delete the saved files, play offline and then log in.

My question is: What if I want to do that and keep my current save file in backup just in case I want to roam around with my legendary gear again?.

Will it be possible? or will it be screwed by the new save file created?

YazX_
01-22-2015, 04:43 PM
You can switch between saves as many times as you want, however, i'm not sure how this will affect companion app progress because to be honest i havent started a new save, but i believe the app is tied to UPlay account same as initiates and not to a specific save, so you should have everything unlocked if you started a new one.

dargor5
01-22-2015, 04:52 PM
You can switch between saves as many times as you want, however, i'm not sure how this will affect companion app progress because to be honest i havent started a new save, but i believe the app is tied to UPlay account same as initiates and not to a specific save, so you should have everything unlocked if you started a new one.

Not interested on the app. Just that next time I want to use my old save again it works and doesnt give me horrible errors, it use to happen in AC3, but that one didnt have half the unlocks this one has

YazX_
01-22-2015, 05:02 PM
Not interested on the app. Just that next time I want to use my old save again it works and doesnt give me horrible errors, it use to happen in AC3, but that one didnt have half the unlocks this one has

thats odd, i can switch between saves in AC3 normally but AC3 had 3 saves slots so i didnt have to do it often, anyway, just make sure to fully backup your saves and disable cloud sync, this is essential and then start a new one, and once you wanted to revert back, just place your backup again, dont forget to keep cloud sync disabled all the time.

dargor5
01-22-2015, 05:16 PM
thats odd, i can switch between saves in AC3 normally but AC3 had 3 saves slots so i didnt have to do it often, anyway, just make sure to fully backup your saves and disable cloud sync, this is essential and then start a new one, and once you wanted to revert back, just place your backup again, dont forget to keep cloud sync disabled all the time.

That was bakc when AC3 ha a save glitch, I lost everything but meh playing it again was fun. So let me see if I got everything right.
I must play without cloud sync all the time? Or just when using the new fresh save?
Do I include the files that have "uploaded" on the name while doing backup?

YazX_
01-23-2015, 12:08 AM
That was bakc when AC3 ha a save glitch, I lost everything but meh playing it again was fun. So let me see if I got everything right.
I must play without cloud sync all the time? Or just when using the new fresh save?
Do I include the files that have "uploaded" on the name while doing backup?

no you need to keep the cloud disabled all times since you dont want any save to be uploaded nor override your current save, so best to upload the original one you have, disable sync completely, keep playing and switch between saves manually, when you are done or bored of playing and want to keep just one save, copy it and re-enable cloud.

still i dont get why you want to do this, you have 3 saves slots, are all of them used?

dargor5
01-23-2015, 12:37 AM
no you need to keep the cloud disabled all times since you dont want any save to be uploaded nor override your current save, so best to upload the original one you have, disable sync completely, keep playing and switch between saves manually, when you are done or bored of playing and want to keep just one save, copy it and re-enable cloud.

still i dont get why you want to do this, you have 3 saves slots, are all of them used?
I was talking about Unity. I used AC3 as an example of the save glitch but dont mind it, it was always about Unity.
Anyway thanks for the info Yazx ;)

YazX_
01-23-2015, 01:35 AM
I was talking about Unity. I used AC3 as an example of the save glitch but dont mind it, it was always about Unity.
Anyway thanks for the info Yazx ;)

oh shoot, i forgot since we started to talk about AC3 :D, however, disabling cloud sync all times stands whether its for unity or any other games if you want to switch saves and you are very welcome :)

saschia_009
01-23-2015, 08:51 PM
Hi, when playing with sync to cloud turned off I use renaming of the save file to switch between them and it works without problems. My new save has all the companion things unlocked, although I did not try to switch the app on after starting my new savefile, just in case (this is my third savefile and when starting the second one, the App first pretended everything is fine and then reset completely, but wouldn;t allow me to pick chests and do the missions I have already done in ghame so I had to wait 24 hours, but I think it was an App bug that was already resolved).

Anyway, now I am switching between the two saves a lot, due to the club competition and there is never problem, although I am online the whole time.

dargor5
01-23-2015, 09:07 PM
Hi, when playing with sync to cloud turned off I use renaming of the save file to switch between them and it works without problems. My new save has all the companion things unlocked, although I did not try to switch the app on after starting my new savefile, just in case (this is my third savefile and when starting the second one, the App first pretended everything is fine and then reset completely, but wouldn;t allow me to pick chests and do the missions I have already done in ghame so I had to wait 24 hours, but I think it was an App bug that was already resolved).

Anyway, now I am switching between the two saves a lot, due to the club competition and there is never problem, although I am online the whole time.

Thanks for your info :)

dargor5
01-24-2015, 04:24 PM
If I start a fresh save what will happen to my club? I have most of the people from the club as friends on uplay so if they invite me with the new save do I appear a second time? as I left the club or what?

YazX_
01-24-2015, 09:44 PM
If I start a fresh save what will happen to my club? I have most of the people from the club as friends on uplay so if they invite me with the new save do I appear a second time? as I left the club or what?

i dont believe that any UPlay dependent service has anything to do with saves, its like AC MP its tied to your UPlay account.

dargor5
01-24-2015, 09:56 PM
i dont believe that any UPlay dependent service has anything to do with saves, its like AC MP its tied to your UPlay account.

So Im still in the club no matter if I use the new or my backup save?