PDA

View Full Version : Dead Kings - Origin of the Temple?

JarekKorczynski
01-20-2015, 09:17 PM
Didn't see this having been discussed (please delete/merge/move this if there is a topic on that already), but I'm a bit intrigued by the ancient Temple we visited in the DLC. The visual style, typography, markings/symbols and the overal appearance were quite different from what we were shown as TWCB architecture in previous games. Before Dead Kings all first-civ locations shared a common, unmistakable, sleek look - which basically is high tech merged with great monolithic structures. This time we were introduced to more elaborate metal- and stonework, and the great door with keyholes had an almost gigeresque feel to it.

With the DLC Temple being that drastically different - who do you think was the original creator / user of the structure?
My thoughts is this could be a post-Toba site, where TWCB cooperated with Humans, who influenced the final look. Not really no why, maybe mentioning Eve gave me this idea...

Well, anyway. Did anyone also wonder about possible origins/history of the Temple and why it's different than what we've seen so far?*

*it may very well be a random choice by Ubi artists, with no real backstory/explanation, but it's more exciting to think there's more of FC history to unravel, maybe a new unknown branch/faction etc.

RA503
01-20-2015, 11:58 PM
I think is only a different artistic vision,this is very common, as a example the vatican valt is black in the ending of AC 2 and have blue light in Brotherhood's beginning,is nothing lore related,Ubsoft have various design artists working for her, someones thinks different.

Also,this can be explained,like the humans that have very different architecture,japanese,egypt,greece,some Those who came before can design diferent tham others...

DumbGamerTag94
01-21-2015, 12:56 AM
I had thought it was a TOWCB site that was modified by humans over later centuries.