PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!! Cannot install Far Cry anmore! :(

BadSec
07-17-2004, 04:06 AM
Hi there!
So that's my problem. I installed Far Cry some times ago, than my hard drive (not Chttp://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif crashed, and I could'nt uninstall the game for some reason. So it stayed in add/remove. So what? - that was what I said. But some months later I got a better video card and when I tried to reinstall the game again I could'nt: the "Install" button was greyed out!
OK, so I tried the setup.exe: it started installing, but, soon hang up with the following error message: "Error 1324: The path Program Files contains an invalid character."
WTF??? I don't have ANTHING Far Cry related ANWHERE on my HDs!
So, I cleaned my Windows registry with 3 registry cleaner programs, and manually also: I have removed EVERY Far Cry related info of Far Cry and still the "install" button is greyed out and I have still this STUPID error message! (It disappeared from add/remove however)
So what can I do??? Where this goddam program puts his info about being installed, besides teh registry??? Please HELP, I am going MAD. (Of course, I COULD reinstall Windows, but I rather not play Far Cry then reinstall the whole f*cking windows XP!!!!) GODDAM MICRO****!

BadSec
07-17-2004, 04:06 AM
Hi there!
So that's my problem. I installed Far Cry some times ago, than my hard drive (not Chttp://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif crashed, and I could'nt uninstall the game for some reason. So it stayed in add/remove. So what? - that was what I said. But some months later I got a better video card and when I tried to reinstall the game again I could'nt: the "Install" button was greyed out!
OK, so I tried the setup.exe: it started installing, but, soon hang up with the following error message: "Error 1324: The path Program Files contains an invalid character."
WTF??? I don't have ANTHING Far Cry related ANWHERE on my HDs!
So, I cleaned my Windows registry with 3 registry cleaner programs, and manually also: I have removed EVERY Far Cry related info of Far Cry and still the "install" button is greyed out and I have still this STUPID error message! (It disappeared from add/remove however)
So what can I do??? Where this goddam program puts his info about being installed, besides teh registry??? Please HELP, I am going MAD. (Of course, I COULD reinstall Windows, but I rather not play Far Cry then reinstall the whole f*cking windows XP!!!!) GODDAM MICRO****!

Shadzy
07-17-2004, 02:33 PM
(just incase you didnt edit the registry properly)
click on start.
Click on run
in the box type "regedit"
once loaded click on the "edit" menu.
select "find"
enter "farcry" in the box.
Click "findnext" button.
When it finds a "farcry" entry, delete it.
Press "F3" to continue onto the next one.
Remove all entires pointing to far cry in your registry this way.
Restart computer.
Now try installing FarCry.

**WARNING**
Editing registry can be dangerous and may crash, prevent booting, or cause data loss, in windows. Edit Registry at your own risk.

CIAO http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif