PDA

View Full Version : Beating a dead horse.

DoBIeprIMe
01-20-2015, 03:05 PM
I do not want to beat a dead horse here in the forums.

I have played Assassin's Creed from the beginning. I am a huge fan of the franchise. I love the idea of the series, I love the characters. That's up front.

Let's get to UNITY. First off..Arno is a great character. The story is great. The art is beautiful. But, UBISOFT....HOW IN THE WORLD could you let a game this shoddy loose on the market? Do you not know what this says about you as a company? Are you trying to kill the franchise? Even with the patches, game play is pathetic. Movements are slow and twitchy. The game play aesthetic is a mess.

I do not know if I am even going to be able to finish the game or not...and for me being such a fan...that is saying a lot. Maybe, I will just watch someone who was able to get through it play it on YouTube so I can at least see the story unfold.

AC3 had it's issues. But, UNITY, makes AC3 look like a masterpiece. I am so disappointed and angered by this because the character of Arno does NOT deserve a game this bad.

We have a gaming budget in our household. It is not huge. And when I was blessed with this game at Christmas, even after the things that I had read about it from other players, I was at least hopeful that it would be OK. It's not. I have shouted at the screen more times than I can remember because Arno will not do what I need him to in a timely manner, or the buttons I am pushing that are supposed to make him do something do not work. Or, he just stands at a wall and will not jump when I tell him to. Or, in one instance, I had to even restart the game because Arno was dead but the scene would not end. Etc., Etc.

Please, next time, take your freaking time and do it right. Use Arno is a better programmed game. Give him another chance to shine. This piece of crap of a game is not worthy of a character so rich and a story so well written.

M

VoXngola
01-20-2015, 03:12 PM
I'm sorry and I don't mean to offend you at all mind you, but you are one of like 5 people on the internet that think Arno is not a bland character and that the story is well written.I'm pretty sure he'll be handled like Connor.

Make way for some other new character that won't have a complete story arc! Shay, Arno, Connor and Aveline are so alone...

Aphex_Tim
01-20-2015, 03:21 PM
I liked Arno.

What are the odds of having TWO of the five people on these forums?

dargor5
01-20-2015, 03:24 PM
I'm sorry and I don't mean to offend you at all mind you, but you are one of like 5 people on the internet that think Arno is not a bland character and that the story is well written.I'm pretty sure he'll be handled like Connor.

Make way for some other new character that won't have a complete story arc! Shay, Arno, Connor and Aveline are so alone...

I liked Arno too. So three of us are in this forum lol.

Kill_Burst
01-20-2015, 03:57 PM

I also liked Arno's character.

Megas_Doux
01-20-2015, 04:09 PM
I liked Arno more than Unity´s overall story and I have a love/hate relationship with this game......

auditorevita
01-20-2015, 04:09 PM
Arno is the most unpopular character .
UBI will not give a chance to him.

If you're not requested to UBI rebuild the UNITY.
You must accept that there is no chance to Arno .

DragonAgeLegend
01-20-2015, 05:45 PM
I also like Arno, the AC series has sadly become a mess. Ever since AC3 IMO.

Shahkulu101
01-20-2015, 05:49 PM
Ever one doomed the series after AC3.

AC4 was smashing.

We don't know home Victory will turn out so let's not be too pessimistic. Just don't be an idiot and pre-order, that applies to any game.

Jackdaw951
01-20-2015, 07:37 PM
OP, there is long thread about "awful" combat which you should visit. I'll edit in the link after I post this. The gist of what you should take from it is that Unity plays differently from past AC games. You need to get accustomed to the new mechanics. They work quite well once you do.

Yes, the game is buggy, but it can be enjoyed for long periods of time without technical issues. A restart now and then is not too disruptive, because the autosave is quite frequent, and happens right after you do or collect anything.

Edit: The thread is actually called Terrible Combat system (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/995197-Terrible-Combat-system).

bitebug2003
01-20-2015, 07:44 PM
I liked Arno too - and the

chemistry he had with Elise

dargor5
01-20-2015, 07:49 PM
I liked Arno too - and the

chemistry he had with Elise

Lol bitebug thats no spoiler thats even on the trailers

bitebug2003
01-20-2015, 08:13 PM
Lol bitebug thats no spoiler thats even on the trailers

:)

phoenix-force411
01-20-2015, 08:17 PM
It's usually the characters with bad games that have a much more interesting story because they're not overpraised or overdone. Ezio and Altair are the only two assassins that appear to be the most unrealistic assassins.

Altair1789
01-20-2015, 10:15 PM
I liked Arno after Dead Kings, but I hated Unity's story

Ever one doomed the series after AC3.

AC4 was smashing.

We don't know home Victory will turn out so let's not be too pessimistic. Just don't be an idiot and pre-order, that applies to any game.

Victory's gameplay isn't what we should worry about. The gameplay seems to be in a nice place, especially with the combat imo. I worry about the story because a bad story won't hurt how much money the game makes enough to make them focus on it a little more

EmptyCrustacean
01-21-2015, 02:02 AM
I liked Arno after Dead Kings, but I hated Unity's story

Victory's gameplay isn't what we should worry about. The gameplay seems to be in a nice place, especially with the combat imo. I worry about the story because a bad story won't hurt how much money the game makes enough to make them focus on it a little more

For me, a good story is make or break for me. I love Black Flag's game play but it loses points because its story sucks. Whereas AC1 has medicore game play but the story is awesome.

SOLIDSOUTHCENTRA
01-21-2015, 08:06 AM
Well to me AC is about mechanics.

It is better than Watchdogs.

Peluso_killer
01-21-2015, 08:06 AM
I also like Arno,a good character in a bad story

The_Kiwi_
01-21-2015, 10:59 AM
What I find ironic is that complaining about Unity is like beating a dead horse
Nothing is going to come out of it

Journey93
01-21-2015, 08:16 PM
have we played the same game? the story sucked *** and Arno was boring as hell
I'm actually hoping that we never see him again

agree on the other things though they released an unfinished game and ruined the reputation of the franchise

doktrin
01-21-2015, 11:09 PM
Arno finally developed some personality in dead kings. He was pretty lame during the entirety of the core campaign.