PDA

View Full Version : Questions regarding AC: Rogue

Hypareal
01-18-2015, 07:16 PM
Hey! I have a few questions regarding Rogue that I want to ask, but I don't want to google them because of spoilers. I'm waiting for PC version, but last few days I'm ready to buy it for X360, but cognitive dissonance stops me to. So.

1. Is there any way how to earn money like in AC3 or AC4? Some trading missions or something like Kenway's fleet or doing business in AC3?
2. Is there any info about a book regarding AC: Rogue?
3. Can Shay wear scarf on his face whole time or is it mission/story forced animation? I know there is some outfit with scarf on his face, but in some trailer he used scarf from his templar outfit.
4. How much time takes to finish the story and do some side missions, collectibles and stuff? I mean, not 100%, but some average time. Is it below 15 hours?
5. Is there some kind of multiplayer? Coop or versus?

Thank you for any info and please don't reveal any spoilers.

RADAR__4077
01-18-2015, 07:25 PM
The economy system is pretty much identical to black flag.

Idk about a book.

There is one outfit with a scarf, the rest you can only use it when prompted. E.g. you get caught in a smoke bomb, "press x for gas mask".

Shortest AC game yet. Definitely under 15 hours.

No multiplayer.

Hypareal
01-18-2015, 07:29 PM
So black flag-like economy system, but without an app? I'm not done with AC: Liberation HD, but is it longer than that?

RADAR__4077
01-18-2015, 07:34 PM
No app. You have "Cormack's Fleet" which you access from the captain's quarters aboard the Morrigan.

Sorry I should have said it's the shortest on console. I haven't played liberation.

melbye82
01-18-2015, 07:40 PM
the economy in this game is very much like the Ezio-triogy, when you start taking over areas you get an amount of money every 20 minutes. Money will never be a problem

phoenix-force411
01-18-2015, 07:49 PM
Hey! I have a few questions regarding Rogue that I want to ask, but I don't want to google them because of spoilers. I'm waiting for PC version, but last few days I'm ready to buy it for X360, but cognitive dissonance stops me to. So.

1. Is there any way how to earn money like in AC3 or AC4? Some trading missions or something like Kenway's fleet or doing business in AC3?
2. Is there any info about a book regarding AC: Rogue?
3. Can Shay wear scarf on his face whole time or is it mission/story forced animation? I know there is some outfit with scarf on his face, but in some trailer he used scarf from his templar outfit.
4. How much time takes to finish the story and do some side missions, collectibles and stuff? I mean, not 100%, but some average time. Is it below 15 hours?
5. Is there some kind of multiplayer? Coop or versus?

Thank you for any info and please don't reveal any spoilers.

1) The economy is a mix of the Ezio trilogy and ACIV. The more you renovate, the more income and the more you can hold in your bank. Collect Prosperity Stones(Yellow glowing diamonds)to help increase bonuses when getting materials and money.

2) None that I know of.

3) You mean the gas mask? The gas mask is contextual and the game will give you a prompt to put it on when enemies are attempting to throw a smoke bomb or there is gas is the air. Shay will take it off once he is away from gas mask required hazards for a period of time. The Assassin Killer Outfit will give you permanent invulnerability towards smoke bombs and gases while the outfit is equipped, because the gas mask is always on.

4) The main story can be finished in like 6 hours or less. Squeeze in one hour if you're grinding for optional objectives. There are a lot of collectibles in this game more than ACIV, and because you have two large maps too makes it longer and more of a grind, but the settlements in Rogue aren't as dull as they were in ACIV. It took me 2 weeks to finish the game to 100%.

5) Nope, it's pretty much back to the way it was in ACII. Not that I mind. I mean, it does feel different since the game has not been single player only since 2009(ACII).

BloodyAugust
01-18-2015, 08:41 PM
Money in Rogue is never a problem, you can upgrade everything really cheap and fast and they throw cash at you constantly.

Hypareal
01-18-2015, 08:54 PM
Thank you so much mates! Thats all I wanted to know and you provided the best informations.

bitebug2003
01-18-2015, 08:58 PM
No app. You have "Cormack's Fleet" which you access from the captain's quarters aboard the Morrigan.

Sorry I should have said it's the shortest on console. I haven't played liberation.

AC:Liberation is also on console as an HD Remaster, but I think AC:Rogue is shorter than AC: Liberation (it was quite short too)

phoenix-force411
01-18-2015, 09:00 PM
Money in Rogue is never a problem, you can upgrade everything really cheap and fast and they throw cash at you constantly.

Materials are needed too, and with all of the renovations and such, materials can go short quickly since renovations use materials.