PDA

View Full Version : Need help with changing cameras

Camzarcar
01-18-2015, 09:42 AM
1. My rider crashes, the camera fades into blackness, and then switches to another camera where it slowly goes back to normal

Crash>splitter:

1. State trigger (on)>linear data source (unchecked), exposure (start 80, end 0)

2. Delayed Impulse>State trigger (on)>Linear data source (unchecked), exposure (start 0, end 80)

3. Delayed impulse> camera event connected to other camera

SO ALL OF THIS WORKS GREAT

But!

If I cross the finish line, I want the same thing to happen, just to another camera. So I'm a bit stuck on how to connect it to the same splitter, or a whole other trigger...since the game camera can only connect to one data source at a time.

please help :))

Smilies2019
01-18-2015, 09:47 AM
u could make the cam you're using following the rider....and use cam on/off event to turn on/off the cam when (not) needed.
That way you can use that cam wich is connected to a data source.
Hope this helps..im sure somebody has an easier solution....but this is how i would do it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myMwjFxjzWw (evo but stil good)

Camzarcar
01-18-2015, 11:17 AM
Oh well this is for evo, I just thought that I'd post it here.

Well to fade into black, and out of it, I need the exposure that the game camera has to do this, so I can't do that, but thanks for your help.

Smilies2019
01-18-2015, 07:52 PM
trials fusion and evolution uses the same editor....the fusion editor is just more expanded
And because there is no Trials Fusion tutorial, i gave the one from trials evo.

Here is an livestream archive from all trials fusion editor livestream. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY0i08rJ6hGguvoNw4KkcueIutC42ZmJx

elCamsterino
01-18-2015, 09:44 PM
Are you using the final checkpoint as a trigger? If i read that right you just need to swap your crash input for the final trigger. also the game cam exposure is set at 100 default

Camzarcar
01-18-2015, 10:25 PM
Are you using the final checkpoint as a trigger? If i read that right you just need to swap your crash input for the final trigger. also the game cam exposure is set at 100 default

But then how would the editor be able to switch the camera if the rider crashes compared to when you finish the track? And Yeah I know, I changed the cam exposure to 80. Thanks for your reply btw. If you want to check out what I have so far in terms of gameplay, then check out 'Elfen Lied cp7' in trials evolution, it should still be in new trials. Just crash and then you'll see what it is.

elCamsterino
01-18-2015, 11:33 PM
Ok I'll give that a go, I'm assuming I misunderstood what you meant originally.will get back to you

Edit: I played your track, nice look and very tough (couldn't finish it as i'm not great with ninja's) I watched your replay too

Do you want the camera to fade out at the end the way it does if you crash? Can't you tie 2 inputs to the state trigger if not the splitter?

elCamsterino
01-19-2015, 12:13 AM
Ok i've tested this and it works ok on evo on my machine.. I'll add to your original text...

Final checkpoint>splitter
1. State trigger (on)>linear data source (unchecked), exposure (start 80, end 0) tie the input to the original data source, this can have more than 1 input

2. Delayed Impulse>State trigger (on)>Linear data source (unchecked), exposure (start 0, end 80)

3. Delayed impulse> camera event connected to other camera

Copy everything else in the chain again but use the original CDS. hope thats what your after

Camzarcar
01-19-2015, 09:09 AM
Thanks for looking at my track and giving it a go elCam :)

And yes, it is exactly what I'm after, I knew it was something simple-ish...thank you so much elCam.

elCamsterino
01-19-2015, 09:31 AM
Thanks for looking at my track and giving it a go elCam :)

And yes, it is exactly what I'm after, I knew it was something simple-ish...thank you so much elCam.

No worries dude... your the first person I've actually helped on here, it's normally me doing the asking;)