PDA

View Full Version : Lock Picking

Anduril79
01-18-2015, 01:55 AM
Has anyone else found the new lock picking system downright frustrating at times? I can't find any strategies on how to get it so I'm not finding myself shutting the game off out of frustration. Anyone have some ideas because it's really starting to annoy me.

similarly
01-18-2015, 02:25 AM
Once you upgrade lockpicking skill, the level 1 and level 2 chests and locks get much easier. That said, I absolutely HATE the twitchy lockpicking in this game. Lock picking should careful and precise. It should NOT be "press the button at exactly the right moment." The lock picking in this game has completely the WRONG feel to it. I don't know why they don't go for something more realistic with lock picks and tumblers.

Lignjoslav
01-18-2015, 03:33 AM
It will be frustrating if you try to pick locks that are of higher level than Arno's lockpicking skill level (that's why I upgraded the skill as soon as I had a chance). You will also have problems if your framerate is very low due to a combination of input lag and animation not being too smooth. Otherwise, it shouldn't be too difficult.

Pay attention to Arno's gear, certain pieces of gear allow him to carry extra lockpicks, up to a total of 30 that makes for less frequent trips to the shop.

BTW, I absolutely hated the old lockpicking, so anything is an improvement, even if it's not realistic.

VoldR
01-18-2015, 05:35 AM
BTW, I absolutely hated the old lockpicking, so anything is an improvement, even if it's not realistic.

U mean AC3? If yes ya its hard to see a link to when to do the next move or even how to do the next move...
I like AC4 lockpicking method, ;)

Which game u think has the best lockpicking?
Fallout, Splinter Cell, Thief, Hitman, other games in not aware of

Witcher.AZ-LAWZ
01-18-2015, 06:11 AM
U mean AC3? If yes ya its hard to see a link to when to do the next move or even how to do the next move...
I like AC4 lockpicking method, ;)

Which game u think has the best lockpicking?
Fallout, Splinter Cell, Thief, Hitman, other games in not aware of

Sleeping Dogs in my opinion :)

VoldR
01-18-2015, 06:41 AM
Sleeping Dogs in my opinion :)

Ahh yes, they took to account to many kinds of locks.
But I think Splinter cell did better in the clicking pick and rotation locks.

After all they did it long before Sleeping dogs. But I like its hacking and bugging better.
:)

Witcher.AZ-LAWZ
01-18-2015, 07:38 AM
Ahh yes, they took to account to many kinds of locks.
But I think Splinter cell did better in the clicking pick and rotation locks.

After all they did it long before Sleeping dogs. But I like its hacking and bugging better.
:)

You're absolutely right, however I stopped playing Splinter Cell after Chaos Theory :)

VoldR
01-18-2015, 08:25 AM
You're absolutely right, however I stopped playing Splinter Cell after Chaos Theory :)

Where the best clicker ends...

I still continued, was interested in the double agent aspect of it.
When I heard its doing consoles first I knew the gameplay is going downhill.

I learn that from DX:Invisible wars. NVR make it for console first, lol

If it started as console then make it for pc first like chaos theory, it became awesome.

Witcher.AZ-LAWZ
01-18-2015, 08:38 AM
Where the best clicker ends...

I still continued, was interested in the double agent aspect of it.
When I heard its doing consoles first I knew the gameplay is going downhill.

I learn that from DX:Invisible wars. NVR make it for console first, lol

If it started as console then make it for pc first like chaos theory, it became awesome.

Ha Haa that's what everyone says and I totally agree. However I would still like to complete the whole series, it would be great if I can find a compilation of all these games :)

VoldR
01-18-2015, 09:36 AM
Ha Haa that's what everyone says and I totally agree. However I would still like to complete the whole series, it would be great if I can find a compilation of all these games :)

I'd recommend just getting on steam when on sale. :)
I did it for double agent, the rest I bought in store.

Witcher.AZ-LAWZ
01-18-2015, 11:24 AM
I'd recommend just getting on steam when on sale. :)
I did it for double agent, the rest I bought in store.

Will keep a lookout for any sale, Thanks :)

TH3R4BB1T
01-18-2015, 11:49 AM
SC: Conviction was boring and short. It also suffered on a lot of changes that were made during the development. But I really loved Blacklist, which went back to the first SC with some new stuff of course.