PDA

View Full Version : Over 40 hours of gameplay lost

Adriano_C
01-17-2015, 04:53 PM
Hello!
First of all, i know that there is a small chance that someone will have a solution for this, because Ubisoft isn't too much interested in helping, but i'll give it a last try.
So, I've played over 40 hours of Unity and his DLC untill yersterday. Letting a side the common bugs and errors, i have tried to enjoy myself by playing an over 50$ game. Today when i opened the game(uplay), i noticed that all of my SAVED GAMES ARE LOST!!! and the game started from beginning.
I cannot believe this...
Is there any chances that someone from Ubisoft is interested in solving this kind of game issues?!?
Is there any LEGAL way in which i will not feel so FRUSTRATED by losing that amount of time?
Thank you!

YazX_
01-17-2015, 05:05 PM
Hi,

Unfortunately issues with saves lost are 99% unrecoverable unless you have manual backups, there is a chance to have the copy from the cloud but its a long shot, however, delete your saves in this folder (back them up first):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\[Random Characters]\720

Launch the game and it should start syncing saves, if it didnt find any local saves, then it will download them from the cloud, if your lost saves havent been synced to the cloud then you are in luck and your saves will be downloaded.

And as an advise, always backup your saves manually for every game not only this one, you will never know what will happen, for Ubisoft games, i created a tool to do that automatically, feel free to use it:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/889167-Ultimate-Saves-Backup-Restore-Tool-for-All-Ubisoft-Games

Adriano_C
01-17-2015, 05:27 PM
Hi,

Unfortunately issues with saves lost are 99% unrecoverable unless you have manual backups, there is a chance to have the copy from the cloud but its a long shot, however, delete your saves in this folder (back them up first):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\[Random Characters]\720

Launch the game and it should start syncing saves, if it didnt find any local saves, then it will download them from the cloud, if your lost saves havent been synced to the cloud then you are in luck and your saves will be downloaded.

And as an advise, always backup your saves manually for every game not only this one, you will never know what will happen, for Ubisoft games, i created a tool to do that automatically, feel free to use it:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/889167-Ultimate-Saves-Backup-Restore-Tool-for-All-Ubisoft-Games

Thank you very much for your reply, but i already tried everything.

YazX_
01-17-2015, 05:31 PM
I'm terribly sorry to tell you that your saves are gone and unrecoverable since the cloud didnt retrieve them, so there is nothing to do but to start over but please this time start taking manual backups.

Abbott_Chobott
01-17-2015, 06:35 PM
So this can happened to anyone, which is quite HC to be honest. But can I do anything to prevent such a situation?
I always do manual backup of my savegame after each playing day. What is the best scenario beside this?
Is it better having cloud sync on or off? Can I be sure my progress is safe simply just by backuping saves? Ty :confused:

YazX_
01-17-2015, 07:00 PM
So this can happened to anyone, which is quite HC to be honest. But can I do anything to prevent such a situation?
I always do manual backup of my savegame after each playing day. What is the best scenario beside this?
Is it better having cloud sync on or off? Can I be sure my progress is safe simply just by backuping saves? Ty :confused:

Personally, i have cloud sync always "off" and i use my tool ( http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/889167-Ultimate-Saves-Backup-Restore-Tool-for-All-Ubisoft-Games ) to auto backup saves everytime i play, and yes if you have manual saves backups, then you are safe.

but you can have cloud sync on and do manual backups as well, two ways is better than one.

Abbott_Chobott
01-17-2015, 07:07 PM
Thank you very much for your quick reply. With desired result of course :cool:
Manually replacing original saves(if something wrong will happened with it) with backup saves will do the trick then?
And I can continue in progress, is it so? Im sure more players are wonder.

PhilyG213
01-17-2015, 07:43 PM
Well my progress is also gone, so I'll try to restore it with this this tool but I just can't open it.

jeffies04
01-17-2015, 08:07 PM
Cloud sync is trouble unless you intend on playing on say your desktop and a laptop while travelling, etc. The saves are safer on your computer alone rather than being replicated back and forth to a server.

I use Yaz's tool, it's pretty awesome. I set it to backup every 20 minutes, so I can go back to any earlier point.

Abbott_Chobott
01-17-2015, 08:18 PM
jeffies04: Thanks for opinion, i will better turn sync off, since i do backup my saves after every play session. Im really worried bout loosing progress, since I cant efford to play from the beginning. Not enought time. I can swallow bad optimalization, random stutters or even 2-5sec freeze once a while. But not this.

Philippabc: I couldnt open it too, then i just dwnlded file again, and no problemo at all. Will give this tool a try...

PhilyG213
01-17-2015, 10:57 PM
What if I played offline from time to time so it doesn't save on the cloud and when I do have to start all over again I just can start from the offline save?? Would It work??

YazX_
01-18-2015, 12:00 AM
Well my progress is also gone, so I'll try to restore it with this this tool but I just can't open it.

The tool will not restore your lost progress, it simply backup your saves and restores the save you want from that backup store, if you dont have any backups, then it cannot restore anything, this tool has no connection to Ubisoft nor their services. the idea behind the tool is simple, while playing it copies your saves to the backup store on your disk, if something happened and you lost your saves, you just browse the backup store and restore the save you want, all done locally on your PC and disk.

jeffies04: Philippabc: I couldnt open it too, then i just dwnlded file again, and no problemo at all. Will give this tool a try...

Are you talking about the tool?

What if I played offline from time to time so it doesn't save on the cloud and when I do have to start all over again I just can start from the offline save?? Would It work??

There is nothing called online and offline saves, its just one local saves, when you finish your play session, those local saves are uploaded to the cloud, now when you start to play again, UPlay will compare your local saves with the uploaded ones on the cloud from your previous session, if there is a mismatch between cloud and local saves, UPlay will prompt you on which one to keep, if you choose local, then nothing will happen, if you choose cloud, then the cloud saves will be downloaded and replace your local saves. once you finish your play session, your saves will be uploaded to the cloud and so on.

Abbott_Chobott
01-18-2015, 12:11 AM
to YazX_:
Yes, tool, he said, he couldnt open it, i downloaded it too, doubleclick it but nothing happened, so i downloaded it again, and i was this time able to enter it. Dunno why nothing happened 1st time

YazX_
01-18-2015, 12:29 AM
to YazX_:
Yes, tool, he said, he couldnt open it, i downloaded it too, doubleclick it but nothing happened, so i downloaded it again, and i was this time able to enter it. Dunno why nothing happened 1st time

mmmmm, i've just downloaded it and tested it out and it works, so the download might got corrupted when you downloaded it first time, anyway, glad you got it sorted out and plz let me know if you encounter any issue.

Abbott.Avi
01-18-2015, 11:18 AM
Yeap, probably corrupted 1st time. Now running just fine. Im playing it with autobackup with 30mins interval, so far it made 3 saves, since i wasnt playing a lot. Thanks for your effort, i ll write any experience with it in close future :)

Reytime
01-18-2015, 03:34 PM
Hi,

I haven't had any issues yet with savegames but thanks for posting this, better to be safe than sorry :D