PDA

View Full Version : Back to the US!

the1anarchiest
01-17-2015, 04:03 PM
Will we Ever see a AC chapter about the American civil war?
I think it could be a VERY good game and that will lead to a final end of the American story of AC.

Or maybe a game in the Scandinavian Viking era?

RADAR__4077
01-17-2015, 04:44 PM
I know there's another thread like this somewhere, but I'll add.

WWI Europe. Started with an assassination. Too obvious.

Communist Russia. Very big impact on history there.

Hell, WWII... make Hitler a Templar extremist. He survived assassination attempts and committed unwitnessed suicide. They could have some fun with that.

the1anarchiest
01-17-2015, 05:22 PM
I think those are to late in the history, there is only gun fighting and it will be to weird with all the tanks and airplanes.
The civil war was the last real war where there still were sword fighting and the fire weapons were not so modern. There were fx not machine guns yet. If they get in to the picture, it will not be so fun and exciting anymore. Also I like the history of the American civil war and I think they could make a VERY good game of that and all that history from AC3 and AC rouge, so they can melt the history together with the civil war.

DumbGamerTag94
01-17-2015, 05:23 PM
US Civil War AC!!!!! you have no idea how much I want this!!!!!!!

DemonLord4lf
01-17-2015, 07:24 PM
I think those are to late in the history, there is only gun fighting and it will be to weird with all the tanks and airplanes.
The civil war was the last real war where there still were sword fighting and the fire weapons were not so modern. There were fx not machine guns yet. If they get in to the picture, it will not be so fun and exciting anymore. Also I like the history of the American civil war and I think they could make a VERY good game of that and all that history from AC3 and AC rouge, so they can melt the history together with the civil war.

Machine guns were kinda invented during the civil war. They were called gatling guns. Not exactly machine gun but yea...

I know there's another thread like this somewhere, but I'll add.

WWI Europe. Started with an assassination. Too obvious.

Communist Russia. Very big impact on history there.

Hell, WWII... make Hitler a Templar extremist. He survived assassination attempts and committed unwitnessed suicide. They could have some fun with that.

They already named Hitler as a Templar. It was on acinitiates.com before it went down.

the1anarchiest
01-17-2015, 08:11 PM
I know but not every man had one, most likely only the big regiments. It will be a little enjoying if any enemy had a ak47 or something like that.
So I don't think they should go later up in history then around the civil war. That I think could be the best AC game ever made, becouse it wasn't a war of enemies but a war of brothers. There are so many possibilities around that. Maybe the brotherhood get thorn apart because of the north and south, Templars and assassin's are forced to work together and the brotherhood gets enemies within.

VestigialLlama4
01-17-2015, 08:39 PM
Will we Ever see a AC chapter about the American civil war?
I think it could be a VERY good game and that will lead to a final end of the American story of AC.

Well, ideally they should have made a game about the Gangs of New York era. But they used the most boring part of New York history twice in two games and it's unlikely they'll go there again for the really exciting period of street-gangs, violent fights and that awesome colourful era we saw in that film. We could have met Herman Melville, Walt Whitman, Horace Greeley and Charles ****ens (he visited New York on one of his tours), and seen the Building of the Brooklyn Bridge(including a guy who claimed to have jumped off and survived, imagine the Leap of Faith that would have been) and the arrival and dedication of the Statue of Liberty. So you can have the classic AC gameplay in this time.

As for another era in American history, there's the Wild West but then they'd have to compete with Red Dead Redemption and in terms of historical figures it's hard to find the perfect cluster of iconic real-life figures in a single area in that time. Also the classic AC gameplay will have to be reshuffled quite a bit to accomodate low rooftops, wide plains, horseplay and the like).

In many ways, the Colonial-Revolutionary period really was the perfect era for an AC-American game and I don't think there's a later period they can go to.

Shahkulu101
01-17-2015, 08:51 PM
I'd be up for but wouldn't it be too gun heavy?

I also sort of want them to move back in time. We're getting eerily close to gun-only territory.

DemonLord4lf
01-17-2015, 09:03 PM
I know but not every man had one, most likely only the big regiments. It will be a little enjoying if any enemy had a ak47 or something like that.
So I don't think they should go later up in history then around the civil war. That I think could be the best AC game ever made, becouse it wasn't a war of enemies but a war of brothers. There are so many possibilities around that. Maybe the brotherhood get thorn apart because of the north and south, Templars and assassin's are forced to work together and the brotherhood gets enemies within.

I see what you mean. That would be cool, maybe finally introduce a faction thats all about chaos or freedom whatever. :)

Hans684
01-17-2015, 09:08 PM
They already named Hitler as a Templar. It was on acinitiates.com before it went down.

He's a Templar puppet.

the1anarchiest
01-17-2015, 09:49 PM
Well, ideally they should have made a game about the Gangs of New York era. But they used the most boring part of New York history twice in two games and it's unlikely they'll go there again for the really exciting period of street-gangs, violent fights and that awesome colourful era we saw in that film. We could have met Herman Melville, Walt Whitman, Horace Greeley and Charles ****ens (he visited New York on one of his tours), and seen the Building of the Brooklyn Bridge(including a guy who claimed to have jumped off and survived, imagine the Leap of Faith that would have been) and the arrival and dedication of the Statue of Liberty. So you can have the classic AC gameplay in this time.

As for another era in American history, there's the Wild West but then they'd have to compete with Red Dead Redemption and in terms of historical figures it's hard to find the perfect cluster of iconic real-life figures in a single area in that time. Also the classic AC gameplay will have to be reshuffled quite a bit to accomodate low rooftops, wide plains, horseplay and the like).

In many ways, the Colonial-Revolutionary period really was the perfect era for an AC-American game and I don't think there's a later period they can go to.

That would be an idea to and yes the colonial period was a perfect time, but I also think that the civil war time is to. It is not "gun-only" time yet, they were still using swords becouse of the long reload time of the rifles. Also I wish that we could be apart of a big battle and there is many in the civil war. There were also many in the AC3 period, but they didn't really get into that as I wished.

But yeah why not go back in time also ? I would really like a game in the Scandinavian Viking period (700-1200) there is a potential of fx meeting altaír again or maybe just be in the start of the period and get a great game with plundering and war against the Viking tribes, I really think there is a good potential of Templar-assassin fighting.

Perk89
01-17-2015, 10:55 PM
I do think an American Wild West game would be cool. As I've said a number of times on here though-I'd really, really like to see a WW2 game, especially after getting a taste of what it could be like in Rogue's fort storming missions.

An Assassin, having to travel to various, notable, WW2 afflicted cities. Crawling around behind enemy lines in the midst of Allied/Axis bombing runs, bombs exploding, buildings blowing up, sticking to the shadows as the enemy tries to put out the fires and destruction while you hunt a lone Templar target.

Sounds like an incredible experience. Not to mention, we'd be able to explore various cities that are considerably far from each other. Berlin, North Africa, etc etc. list goes on and on. Heck, there's even the possibility we could see cities we've seen before with a couple hundred years of growth. See how they've come along in Italy, France, New York. I'm sure Ubi wouldn't mind another crack at their beloved Paris since they kind of botched this recent attempt.

Rinofuri
01-17-2015, 10:56 PM
http://zoom.photospherix.com/spam.gif

JamesFaith007
01-17-2015, 11:13 PM
As I've said a number of times on here though-I'd really, really like to see a WW2 game, especially after getting a taste of what it could be like in Rogue's fort storming missions.

An Assassin, having to travel to various, notable, WW2 afflicted cities. Crawling around behind enemy lines in the midst of Allied/Axis bombing runs, bombs exploding, buildings blowing up, sticking to the shadows as the enemy tries to put out the fires and destruction while you hunt a lone Templar target.

Sounds like an incredible experience. Not to mention, we'd be able to explore various cities that are considerably far from each other. Berlin, North Africa, etc etc. list goes on and on. Heck, there's even the possibility we could see cities we've seen before with a couple hundred years of growth. See how they've come along in Italy, France, New York. I'm sure Ubi wouldn't mind another crack at their beloved Paris since they kind of botched this recent attempt.

We already got game like this - it's called Sniper Elite.

I mentioned it because this game shows exactly how would assassin in WWII operate. No sneaking with hidden blade, no face to face fight, no chasing on rooftops and jumping between buildings. WWII is era of sniper rifles, bombs and heavy machinery. This combination of AC and WWII maybe looks interesting on paper, but your assassin would have to be remade in someone absolutely different then previous characters, or he would look like bizarre anachronism similar to knight in medieval armor running in Boston during ACIII.

Perk89
01-17-2015, 11:32 PM

I mentioned it because this game shows exactly how would assassin in WWII operate. No sneaking with hidden blade, no face to face fight, no chasing on rooftops and jumping between buildings. WWII is era of sniper rifles, bombs and heavy machinery. This combination of AC and WWII maybe looks interesting on paper, but your assassin would have to be remade in someone absolutely different then previous characters, or he would look like bizarre anachronism similar to knight in medieval armor running in Boston during ACIII.

Really now tell me why pirate assassins is a bad idea, what with them being on the ocean, firing cannons, and such and such.

it wouldn't be Sniper Elite. It would be assassins creed.

the1anarchiest
01-17-2015, 11:34 PM

Exactly, all that AC stand for will vanish. AC Unity got back to basic like AC 1 and the ezio games. AC3, black flag and rogue went another direction, but there is still the basics, sneaking, climbing and near combat because of the time period. Any further than the civil war period will ruin the game.
The wild west are only open fields and very small villages, there will be no climbing and stealth and no nearby combat.
Ww2 would also be weird with all the tanks and airplanes and heavy guns, it wouldn't be fun.

DemonLord4lf
01-17-2015, 11:37 PM
Really now tell me why pirate assassins is a bad idea, what with them being on the ocean, firing cannons, and such and such.

Thats extremely different from a WWII setting...

Now that i think about it, a WWII setting could work. Take The Saboteur video game. There wasn't much in the way of close combat and there were a lot of gun battles, but the concept could be changed around to be an Assassins creed game. The missions we do could be to go into areas that are highly unstable, which would mean that the guards wouldn't be carrying guns in there.

the1anarchiest
01-17-2015, 11:42 PM

Pirates isn't a bad idea, black flag was a good game. But that is also still a time period were they used sword and nearby combat.

It wouldn't be fun to be an assassin with modern guns and not have the real fighting.

Hans684
01-17-2015, 11:54 PM
More guns better stealth.

DumbGamerTag94
01-17-2015, 11:54 PM

Actually the movie Gangs of New York takes place DURING the Civil War. The main battle scene in that movie is during an actual draft riot during the war. Riots like these happened in other cities too like Baltimore and Philadephia also.
The gangs/immigrant/race/and draft tensions would make for a really cool dynamic in the Urban areas. And railroads and lumbering and coal mining and plantations along with other industrial growth and factories would make for a very interesting and diverse frontier map also. And ridable trains could make for cool fast travel. And civil war naval would be pretty awesome too!!! The new inventions such as Gatling guns and armor plated ships and infant submarine tech could allow for Davinci style invention missions which could be really cool!!!

The way I see it the civil war could bring together the best parts of other AC games:

-Epic historical battles like Gettysburg or Antietam and room for great story.: AC3s strong suit

-giant crowds and riots in urban settings a la Gangs of NY: AC Unitys strong suit

-Invention missions: cool feature of Brotherhood

-multiple cities and factions making for great travel diversity: AC2s strong suit

-Naval opportunities: AC4 and Rogues strength

-Freeing slaves and taking on tough aspects of history: AC Freedom Crys strength.

-room to be creative as many of the well known historical figures weren't killed or assassinated(there were a few prominent ones like Stonewall Jackson and Abe Lincoln). So characters can be made up or loosely based on real people: a strength of AC1

Combining all of these amazing things is the main reason why the US Civil War is my #1 must do AC setting and it is undoubtably to me capable of being the greatest AC ever!

JamesFaith007
01-18-2015, 12:05 AM
Exactly, all that AC stand for will vanish. AC Unity got back to basic like AC 1 and the ezio games. AC3, black flag and rogue went another direction, but there is still the basics, sneaking, climbing and near combat because of the time period. Any further than the civil war period will ruin the game.
The wild west are only open fields and very small villages, there will be no climbing and stealth and no nearby combat.
Ww2 would also be weird with all the tanks and airplanes and heavy guns, it wouldn't be fun.

Yes, Civil war would be probably breaking point for US. I think East Asia and Middle East should work little longer but not too much.

I would say that borderline limit is moment when city guard/police/occupants stop using deadly cold weapons in cities.

By deadly I mean sabres and such, which aren't reduced as honorary insignia of officers. Various batons and nightstick don't count, they would be hardly equal match for assassins weapons.

And condition of city is here because of bayonets. In last 4 games they served as replacement of axes and swords from first ACs, but during 19th century they moved from city streets to battlefields as "auxiliary weapons".

Any game after this moment would demand big changes in gameplay and sacrifice of core elements.

the1anarchiest
01-18-2015, 12:19 AM
Thats extremely different from a WWII setting...

Now that i think about it, a WWII setting could work. Take The Saboteur video game. There wasn't much in the way of close combat and there were a lot of gun battles, but the concept could be changed around to be an Assassins creed game. The missions we do could be to go into areas that are highly unstable, which would mean that the guards wouldn't be carrying guns in there.

Actually the movie Gangs of New York takes place DURING the Civil War. The main battle scene in that movie is during an actual draft riot during the war. Riots like these happened in other cities too like Baltimore and Philadephia also.
The gangs/immigrant/race/and draft tensions would make for a really cool dynamic in the Urban areas. And railroads and lumbering and coal mining and plantations along with other industrial growth and factories would make for a very interesting and diverse frontier map also. And ridable trains could make for cool fast travel. And civil war naval would be pretty awesome too!!! The new inventions such as Gatling guns and armor plated ships and infant submarine tech could allow for Davinci style invention missions which could be really cool!!!

The way I see it the civil war could bring together the best parts of other AC games:

-Epic historical battles like Gettysburg or Antietam and room for great story.: AC3s strong suit

-giant crowds and riots in urban settings a la Gangs of NY: AC Unitys strong suit

-Invention missions: cool feature of Brotherhood

-multiple cities and factions making for great travel diversity: AC2s strong suit

-Naval opportunities: AC4 and Rogues strength

-Freeing slaves and taking on tough aspects of history: AC Freedom Crys strength.

-room to be creative as many of the well known historical figures weren't killed or assassinated(there were a few prominent ones like Stonewall Jackson and Abe Lincoln). So characters can be made up or loosely based on real people: a strength of AC1

Combining all of these amazing things is the main reason why the US Civil War is my #1 must do AC setting and it is undoubtably to me capable of being the greatest AC ever!

well said! It is exactly the perfect period of combining the technologies of all the previous games. And a great real conflict where they can place Templars and assassin's on eatch side or maybe splits the assassin's and Templars because of the war and make them work together. Brothers become enemies and enemies become brothers.

DumbGamerTag94
01-18-2015, 12:28 AM
well said! It is exactly the perfect period of combining the technologies of all the previous games. And a great real conflict where they can place Templars and assassin's on eatch side or maybe splits the assassin's and Templars because of the war and make them work together. Brothers become enemies and enemies become brothers.
Exactly!!!
There's room for a very very good story and interesting dynamics for the assassins and Templars both.
Both the assassins and Templars have good reason to support both sides in the war. So if both orders split between north and south the factionalism would be really strong. Northern assassins and Templars would have to join forces to stop southern assassins and templars working together. All the while the assassins and templars on both sides don't get along very well on how to go about things. Which leads to the internal conflicts seen on both sides of the war. As well as contributing to the horrific escalation of the conflict.

the1anarchiest
01-18-2015, 12:29 AM
Yes, Civil war would be probably breaking point for US. I think East Asia and Middle East should work little longer but not too much.

I would say that borderline limit is moment when city guard/police/occupants stop using deadly cold weapons in cities.

By deadly I mean sabres and such, which aren't reduced as honorary insignia of officers. Various batons and nightstick don't count, they would be hardly equal match for assassins weapons.

And condition of city is here because of bayonets. In last 4 games they served as replacement of axes and swords from first ACs, but during 19th century they moved from city streets to battlefields as "auxiliary weapons".

Any game after this moment would demand big changes in gameplay and sacrifice of core elements.

You are right and that will probably be a problem in the civil war period, BUT in US in that period, the military or militant groups patrols the cities and village's long before the war and after. and they were armed with both light guns and swords.

And maybe put some of the Indian fighting in the game to, there would be combat with axes and bows.

the1anarchiest
01-18-2015, 12:39 AM
Exactly!!!
There's room for a very very good story and interesting dynamics for the assassins and Templars both.
Both the assassins and Templars have good reason to support both sides in the war. So if both orders split between north and south the factionalism would be really strong. Northern assassins and Templars would have to join forces to stop southern assassins and templars working together. All the while the assassins and templars on both sides don't get along very well on how to go about things. Which leads to the internal conflicts seen on both sides of the war. As well as contributing to the horrific escalation of the conflict.

Yea. There is so much potential. Many high ranking officers on the same side competing on how they should win the war. There cold be an awesome plot on that!
And many groups in that period tricked the governments for profit and did illegal naval tradings doing the blockade.

DumbGamerTag94
01-18-2015, 12:43 AM
You are right and that will probably be a problem in the civil war period, BUT in US in that period, the military or militant groups patrols the cities and village's long before the war and after. and they were armed with both light guns and swords.

And maybe put some of the Indian fighting in the game to, there would be combat with axes and bows.

Well Indian conflicts were very largely put on the back burner during the Civil War due to the need of troops for the war rather than fighting on the frontier. By the Civil War native presence was pushed almost completely west of the Mississippi save a few tribes and since the war took place almost completely east of the Mississippi there is not enough of a native presence to center part of the story on it. The Indian conflicts kicked up mostly after the war ended and the nations attention shifted to the western frontier.

And radical groups were a major part of the war. John Brown and his raiders murdered slave owners by hacking them with broad swords in "Bleeding Kansas". And the military either occupied or had constant presence in cities like Richmond, Washington DC, and Baltimore. And the military of the 1850s and 1860s largely used bayonets and swords. Pretty much the same set up as AC3s guards. And then of course there's street gangs and radical groups with swords, cleavers, knives, clubs, hatchets, etc.

So the civil war is still full of hand to hand combat opprotunities! Far from having too many guns.

DumbGamerTag94
01-18-2015, 12:46 AM
Yea. There is so much potential. Many high ranking officers on the same side competing on how they should win the war. There cold be an awesome plot on that!
And many groups in that period tricked the governments for profit and did illegal naval tradings doing the blockade.

Not to mention the draft dodging rich people, war profiteers, corrupt politicians, and slave smugglers. So many historical practices they could either find a figure to assassinate or make one up

the1anarchiest
01-18-2015, 01:03 AM
Well Indian conflicts were very largely put on the back burner during the Civil War due to the need of troops for the war rather than fighting on the frontier. By the Civil War native presence was pushed almost completely west of the Mississippi save a few tribes and since the war took place almost completely east of the Mississippi there is not enough of a native presence to center part of the story on it. The Indian conflicts kicked up mostly after the war ended and the nations attention shifted to the western frontier.

And radical groups were a major part of the war. John Brown and his raiders murdered slave owners by hacking them with broad swords in "Bleeding Kansas". And the military either occupied or had constant presence in cities like Richmond, Washington DC, and Baltimore. And the military of the 1850s and 1860s largely used bayonets and swords. Pretty much the same set up as AC3s guards. And then of course there's street gangs and radical groups with swords, cleavers, knives, clubs, hatchets, etc.

So the civil war is still full of hand to hand combat opprotunities! Far from having too many guns.

You are right about the natives, but yea gangs and militant groups as John Brown name others could be potential. Also the groups of slaves who murdered a lot of plantation owners.
Maybe in the big cities it would be like AC3 but und the village's there was most militias and they used a lot of different weapons.

the1anarchiest
01-18-2015, 01:08 AM
Not to mention the draft dodging rich people, war profiteers, corrupt politicians, and slave smugglers. So many historical practices they could either find a figure to assassinate or make one up

Exactly. There are many historical figures both Templars and assassin's would be interested in. And many high class officers in the field could be assassin's or Templars. And that could open some new missions right in the big battles, in AC3 they didn't do that, Conner only once were in a big battle with regiments, but sneak around it to get to his target.

DumbGamerTag94
01-18-2015, 01:15 AM
You are right about the natives, but yea gangs and militant groups as John Brown name others could be potential. Also the groups of slaves who murdered a lot of plantation owners.
Maybe in the big cities it would be like AC3 but und the village's there was most militias and they used a lot of different weapons.

Yeah slave revolts and the underground rail road would be a good aspects for the game as well!

But the militias of the civil war era were actual fairly formal regiments uniformed and outfitted by the states. And basically indistinguishable from the regular army. In fact Militia regiments were the majority of the army on both sides.

Roaving cavalry patrols would be cool though in the countryside. As well as armed supply trains. There's also room for forts, and trenches/encampments for both armies around the countryside. Citizens taking up arms against invading troops would also be cool to see in small villages and towns like Gettysburg PA Sharpsburg MD and Fredericksburg VA

Perk89
01-18-2015, 01:29 AM

You say that with the advantage of hindsight and you sound exactly like this board when the BF rumors started to circulate.

ha! A sailing game? You realize this is assassins creed right?! Not some pirate of the Caribbean thing!

followed by the inevitable whining that came with its official announcement

WHAT?!? NOOO. UNBELIEVABLE! THIS IS GONNA CHANGE EVERYTHING THIS SERIES STANDS FOR!!!! WHAT ABOUT CLIMBING AND STUFF UGH I QUIT!

The game will function as the developers develop it to run. It isn't going to be a FPS shooter just because it has guns and modern weapons don't make you a mainstream gamer, you can still be cool. Nobody uses the SC-20 in Splinter Cell, not for it's bullets anyways and the people in that game have tons of guns.

More guns=better stealth.

BloodyAugust
01-18-2015, 06:07 AM
Why can't we just go to Asia yet? It is a big place with tons of interesting history. How about the Boxer rebellion or the Manchu invading Korea or the founding of the Ming dynasty China? Since everyone seemed to dig the murder mysteries, why not go full on Detective Dee and let us solve crimes in 600s China whilst fighting Templar plots?

We are on a new generation of consoles, lets be brave and go to a totally new culture.

Kaschra
01-18-2015, 03:19 PM
We had enough games set in America, so no, thanks. I hope we won't get another game set there anytime soon.
And I also don't want the Civil War as a setting either.

rrebe
01-18-2015, 03:38 PM
Games are set where ever the story requires them to set. What people want might now always be what the story needs. If the writers feel like US civil war (or any other popular alternative) setting is important to the series then fine, go ahead. As long as it makes sense and doesn't feel like the setting was forced just for the sake of having that specific setting in the series.

DumbGamerTag94
01-18-2015, 06:27 PM
We had enough games set in America, so no, thanks. I hope we won't get another game set there anytime soon.
And I also don't want the Civil War as a setting either.

There's only been two! That's as many as Italy had! And both ACRogue and AC3 were set in British Colonial America the culture and demographics of the states changed a lot after independence. Not to mention the cities became actual cities not those large villages that were called cities in AC3. And AC3 and Rogue only take place in the New England area which is just one tiny piece of the country. The southern states and their lifestyle hasn't been in AC at all.

DumbGamerTag94
01-18-2015, 06:30 PM
Games are set where ever the story requires them to set. What people want might now always be what the story needs. If the writers feel like US civil war (or any other popular alternative) setting is important to the series then fine, go ahead. As long as it makes sense and doesn't feel like the setting was forced just for the sake of having that specific setting in the series.

Yes! If it works it works! theres no need to cram a game into a setting that doesn't have enough going on just to appease the high demand for it.(cough cough.....Victorian London.....cough)

Das Rouse
01-18-2015, 06:57 PM
I still think Osiris would be fun. Ancient Egypt, maybe even incorporate Moses' staff being a piece of eden.

Kaschra
01-18-2015, 07:46 PM
There's only been two! That's as many as Italy had! And both ACRogue and AC3 were set in British Colonial America the culture and demographics of the states changed a lot after independence. Not to mention the cities became actual cities not those large villages that were called cities in AC3. And AC3 and Rogue only take place in the New England area which is just one tiny piece of the country. The southern states and their lifestyle hasn't been in AC at all.

I think you forgot Liberation, which is set in New Orleans.
That's three games. More than enough for a while.

DumbGamerTag94
01-18-2015, 08:20 PM
I think you forgot Liberation, which is set in New Orleans.
That's three games. More than enough for a while.

Liberation really???
1. That's not a main title. If you're going to count spin offs then Italy has 3, Middle East has 4, Caribbean has 3, France 1, China 1. So 3/15 games is hardly overdone.

2. New Orleans in Liberation isn't even affiliated with the U.S. in any way. It was still a French/Spanish colony in that game. And Louisiana wasn't even part of the U.S. until the 1800s.

Kaschra
01-18-2015, 08:34 PM
Liberation really???
1. That's not a main title. If you're going to count spin offs then Italy has 3, Middle East has 4, Caribbean has 3, France 1, China 1. So 3/15 games is hardly overdone.

2. New Orleans in Liberation isn't even affiliated with the U.S. in any way. It was still a French/Spanish colony in that game. And Louisiana wasn't even part of the U.S. until the 1800s.

Liberation, really.
Unlike the other games for portable systems, it's available on other consoles and PC too.

You are not going to change my opinion: I don't want another game set in America any time soon. And I don't want a game set during the Civil War.
Deal with it.

BloodyAugust
01-18-2015, 08:36 PM

Like the oh so important story of Unity? Really the Sages can be born anywhere in the world, so they can justify putting a game in any location easily. We have enough games set between the 1700-1900, lets do something else. Unless we are master assassin Abe Lincoln hunting down Rebs there are much cooler times we could be in all around the world.

We could go to Spain and hang with El Cid, kill Persians with Alexander the Great. How about a game or two set in 1500s India?

All of human history is open and yet everyone seems obsessed with the more well known parts in cultures we are familiar with. I want to see a different culture, not more Western European. Be different.

JamesFaith007
01-18-2015, 08:58 PM
Like the oh so important story of Unity? Really the Sages can be born anywhere in the world, so they can justify putting a game in any location easily.

One word answer - liberty.

Liberty is key element in settings of all major AC games and since AC2 is also tightly bind with history.

AC2, ACB - centralization of power against renaissance city republic
ACR - rigid traditionalism against enlightenment rule (Süleiman)
AC3 - colonialism and born of new state
AC4 - free pirates republic
AC Liberation + Freedom cry - slavery
AC5 - French revolution and born of modern concept of personal freedoms

Ubi obviously stick with liberty/freedom historical background.

BloodyAugust
01-18-2015, 10:50 PM
One word answer - liberty.

Liberty is key element in settings of all major AC games and since AC2 is also tightly bind with history.

AC2, ACB - centralization of power against renaissance city republic
ACR - rigid traditionalism against enlightenment rule (Süleiman)
AC3 - colonialism and born of new state
AC4 - free pirates republic
AC Liberation + Freedom cry - slavery
AC5 - French revolution and born of modern concept of personal freedoms

Ubi obviously stick with liberty/freedom historical background.

So there has never been any fights for liberty and national freedom around the world? All those colonies in the British/French/Spanish empire were cool being run by Europeans? Everyone in China/India/Afria loved being puppets of foreigners I bet. There is no need to have such a Westro central view of history here.

JamesFaith007
01-18-2015, 11:34 PM
So there has never been any fights for liberty and national freedom around the world? All those colonies in the British/French/Spanish empire were cool being run by Europeans? Everyone in China/India/Afria loved being puppets of foreigners I bet. There is no need to have such a Westro central view of history here.

Where exactly I wrote there were no freedom fights in world outside US and Europe? That they should stick to this region?

Right, nowhere. You asked what so important on Unity, I wrote it plus list of released game and how liberty theme was used in them. Nothing more. Rest is just in your head.

Oh, and BTW only setting I ever presented here on Ubi forum was Siam during reign of king Mongkut so your "Westro central view" accusations really don't work with me.

natureboyAC
01-19-2015, 04:14 AM
The American Civil War would be my ultimate wish for a setting. But I'm a History major that focused on the Civil War so admittedly I'm 100% biased. I think it's just too full of possibilities. From John Brown's raid on Harper's Ferry to Lincoln's Assassination, there are so many subplots that could be explored. The Union army's incredible stroke of luck finding Lee's Special Order 191 which led McClellan to press Lee at Antietam and almost cause the destruction of the Army of Northern Virginia would be one example. Just before 2nd Manassas Lee himself narrowly missed being killed by a concealed sniper.

Also so many of the top generals were killed in battle any could be worked into an Assassin v Templar storyline.

The naval aspect, the overall changing weaponry and just the sheer size of it would provide a lot of opportunities.
Some of the other posts on here also offer terrific points about the underground railroad, draft riots, naval blockades, etc.

There was also a point made about gatling guns. Those weren't really used at all during the war. CW regiments at best were armed with repeating rifles, so it really wouldn't have too much difference from the American Revolution setting of AC3.

I know that not everyone would be interested in this setting, but I would love it.

DemonLord4lf
01-20-2015, 03:06 AM
Yes! If it works it works! theres no need to cram a game into a setting that doesn't have enough going on just to appease the high demand for it.(cough cough.....Victorian London.....cough)

I think Victorian London will be awesome. From everything i've read in AC Rouge, Victorian London seems to be a hotbed for Templar Activity. I look forward to seeing how they work this out.

VoldR
01-20-2015, 05:22 AM
Blades/hth vs Guns

Bloodrayne
Adam Jensen (arm blades) (2027)
Watchdogs (baton)
JC Denton (baton - swords)
Sam Fisher takedowns armies with hands, legs & a knife

Japan soldiers carries a katana or wakizachi? with them

Sleeping Dogs
I played with no guns play through, lol
Rescued Po without shooting back.