PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed World - An idea...

colonelc4
01-17-2015, 03:12 PM
Hello People,

I was wondering, since UBISOFT created so many cities in the series, Why don't they try to reunite all the games created until now, from the first one, and make a World game ! Travelling between the countries using the Black Flag Boats...etc.

May be create a MMO from this idea with seasonal new story/quests...

What do you think about this idea?

RinoTheBouncer
01-17-2015, 05:00 PM
Well it is definitely a good idea for a spin-off MMO game. I think of one of their studios can work on this while the others look on the main games and completely eliminate multiplayer whether it’s competitive or cooperative from the main installments, it can definitely be amazing.

Seeing all those cities in the stunning current gen. graphics would absolutely epic and the can somehow find an excuse to make all the Assassins coexist in this universe. Perhaps by a Piece of Eden or some sort of shared-Animus-experience which allows the players to relive the lives of different Assassins regardless of the synchronization and the time periods. I’d definitely support that.

This will also lead to allowing the main games to be heavily focused on the story while anything that is online and multiplayer will be part of Assassin’s Creed World. They can keep releasing upgrades for it via the PSN and XBL and every few years, they make a new, upgraded edition and even if it requires subscriptions, they can be paid from the PSN with your pre-paid credit or credit card, like any other PSN game or DLC.

D.I.D.
01-17-2015, 05:04 PM
Every fan of every city-based open world game ever has wanted a multiple city game. It's something that Ubisoft wants to do, and we know this because they've mentioned it in at least a couple of pieces of market research.

It's something that could have been done for disc retail during previous gens but even then the install size would have been insane. Now, with the massive increases in graphical fidelity and the complexity of audio, it is a virtual impossibility. Even if you wall off very small chunks of a city, it's still tough to pull it off. The people must look and act in different ways in different locations, they speak different languages and dialects, and you need translations of all of that. Then there are all the environmental sounds: the long "beds" (that people often overlook) which underpin all the other audio, the incidental sounds of vehicles and wildlife, the weather, the water, the hard surfaces.

The only way you can have a multiple city game on disc now is if the cities involved share a lot of culture. For instance, you could have a game that uses ports along the Silk Road trading routes, and use the various mixtures of cultures along the way to disguise the fact that you're reusing dialogue and environmental/architectural features in various blends between the cities. That dilution could yet exacerbate problems. If you get tired today of hearing the same phrases being shouted by townspeople, imagine that effect being concentrated as the amount of audio in your language becomes even smaller to accommodate many more languages. Even then, we would be looking at an immense install size, which would upset disc and download users alike. Bug-fixing and patching would be ever more of an irritation for the creator and the consumer.

The alternative would be cloud gaming, where we would pay to access the game and our consoles and PCs would do very little except send our input commands and draw the returned frames. This is only possible if the customers all have reliable, high speed internet, and that's a distant dream. Even then, imagine the work involved to give us multiple cities in the same time period, and then imagine the repeated workload if we need a different era, even one just twenty years away from the first. Places change, often very dramatically, over short periods.

wvstolzing
01-17-2015, 05:10 PM
Well it is definitely a good idea for a spin-off MMO game

oh no... banish the thought... please no....

VestigialLlama4
01-17-2015, 07:31 PM
What do you think about this idea?

I personally don't get the appeal. I mean what would be the point of having such a wide space of repititive pixels of land and sea.

I prefer detailed open worlds to wide and large open worlds. I like open world landscapes that are aesthetically beautiful, have a unified gameplay(how you traverse, how many different layers and so on).

MenocidiX
01-17-2015, 08:26 PM
Different centuries, makes no sense.

Altair1789
01-17-2015, 09:14 PM

I have to agree with this. I don't think an MMO would fit nicely in the AC Universe

GoldenBoy9999
01-17-2015, 09:30 PM
I don't like the idea about the cities of the previous games, but I would still dig a Rockstar type game like GTA or RDR where 16 or so players can all be in the same world and find each other. That would be pretty cool to meet up with randoms and race across the city. Unity already has something like this so it wouldn't be a super big stretch. This would most definitely be an offshoot though.

RinoTheBouncer
01-17-2015, 11:56 PM

If it means eliminating every sign of multiplayer from the main games and all the efforts will focus on the single player campaigns, the story and the lore, then why not?

RuNfAtBoYrUn740
01-18-2015, 01:38 AM
Ehhhh no thanks. MMO spin offs usually suck. I'd rather they just dedicate all their resources to the main AC games.

The idea is pretty neat but I don't think the MMO concept really works with AC anyway.

Assassin_M
01-18-2015, 01:50 AM
This....would not work. You need to realize that this goes far beyond than just people wanting it or devs thinking about it. ALLLL the cities, with Unity's graphics? in ONE game? I wonder what tank can run that.

SixKeys
01-18-2015, 03:53 AM
This....would not work. You need to realize that this goes far beyond than just people wanting it or devs thinking about it. ALLLL the cities, with Unity's graphics? in ONE game? I wonder what tank can run that.

Hell, even people who own the kind of "tank" that's well above minimum requirements can't run Unity without problems. :rolleyes: Imagine a game that includes several cities with Unity's level of detail. It would be a slideshow.

I don't trust Ubi to make an AC MMO and not make it a pay-to-win model. They're already doing it with their single-player games. MMOs also typically have to sacrifice graphics and immersion for smooth gameplay.

I-Like-Pie45
01-18-2015, 04:14 AM
what's so bad about pay-to-win

It's just another aspect of fair and just business, you liberal commie finks

wvstolzing
01-18-2015, 04:16 AM
Assassin's Creed Galaxy, on the other hand ... *that* could be something.

D.I.D.
01-18-2015, 04:22 AM
Hell, even people who own the kind of "tank" that's well above minimum requirements can't run Unity without problems. :rolleyes: Imagine a game that includes several cities with Unity's level of detail. It would be a slideshow.

I don't trust Ubi to make an AC MMO and not make it a pay-to-win model. They're already doing it with their single-player games. MMOs also typically have to sacrifice graphics and immersion for smooth gameplay.

It wouldn't be a slideshow. The problem would be storage, not processing. It would deal with each map - really, each bubble within each map - separately, and only release and take on new data when you entered a different place.

Unity is actually running very well on decent machines. It was running pretty well for me on day one, aside from glitches, but it's noticeably better now. I don't have an absolutely killer machine, just a very good recent i5, a decent amount of RAM, and a 4GB card. I just played Dead Kings at a solid 60-62 fps, maxed at 1080p, and it gets a good frame rate at maxed 1440p too (just not as good, therefore 1080p won!). If Victory benefits from Unity's experience and they don't do anything silly to try and upgrade the features of the engine between games, the next one should be excellent.

An MMO would be the end of AC, I agree. Once people unlocked higher levels, it would become a mercenary warrior game just like the SP does. It needs to be a solo 20-hour bite in order to have that progression every time.

ze_topazio
01-18-2015, 04:22 AM
That wouldn't fit in one single disc that's for sure.

wvstolzing
01-18-2015, 04:26 AM
That wouldn't fit in one single disc that's for sure.

Discs are so 2012. Surely you have 240Mbit broadband at home, like everyone else?

ze_topazio
01-18-2015, 04:34 AM
Physical for live.

Altair1789
01-18-2015, 06:11 AM

Not unless we ask NASA to lend us a few computers

Either way, Assassin's Creed: Dragons is a better spinoff. Afterall, Juno is Alduin

SixKeys
01-18-2015, 08:21 AM
It wouldn't be a slideshow. The problem would be storage, not processing. It would deal with each map - really, each bubble within each map - separately, and only release and take on new data when you entered a different place.

Unity is actually running very well on decent machines. It was running pretty well for me on day one, aside from glitches, but it's noticeably better now. I don't have an absolutely killer machine, just a very good recent i5, a decent amount of RAM, and a 4GB card. I just played Dead Kings at a solid 60-62 fps, maxed at 1080p, and it gets a good frame rate at maxed 1440p too (just not as good, therefore 1080p won!). If Victory benefits from Unity's experience and they don't do anything silly to try and upgrade the features of the engine between games, the next one should be excellent..

Count yourself as one of the lucky ones, because I've seen plenty of complaints from people whose PCs are well above the minimum reqs and the game still runs like crap. There will always be varying player experiences with every game, but Unity seems to be broken in some way for practically every single player. Some people are more tolerant of the problems because they're minor, for others they're so severe they make the game unplayable.

For me it varies from day to day and I'm not sure why. One day I can run the game without a hitch, the framerate remains stable the whole time, and the very next day the game is freezing every 5 seconds, making it intolerable to continue. At first I thought it was my computer overheating after having it on for too long, but sometimes I start the game first thing after turning on my computer and the problems start immediately. There's no consistency, which leads me to conclude the game is simply broken in ways that baffle me.