PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Hack

TheCyrcus.TTV
01-17-2015, 01:23 AM
So, I think we're all aware of Ubisoft's lack of anti-hack systems in their other video games. Seeing how most of them are focused around the single player more so than the mutiplayer, I can 'almost' understand it. However, them simply doing nothing about hackers is unacceptable. Since this game is obviously supposed to be focused around the multiplayer, I'm going to tell you right now; I will not buy this game if it does not have a confirmed anti-hack system in place.

Over on Splinter Cell Blacklist, not only are hackers going rampant, but people are sharing links to their hacks and posting videos of them openly hacking. Even after multiple reports, Ubisoft has done next to nothing about it. I think a couple of those threads were closed (weeks, maybe months, after they were reported), but the hackers that shared their own videos are still running around without having been banned. Ubisoft, you seriously aren't even going to ban people that openly hack? That is pathetic.

Like I said, I'm not even going to bother with this game (or The Division for that matter) unless they confirm an anti-hack for this game; and I urge the rest of you to do the same (if you're only playing for the multiplayer that is).

VAPOR33
02-06-2015, 11:59 PM
Please don't use Punkbuster....the pb system is as effective as putting a screen door on a submarine.

RedKnight5
02-09-2015, 06:15 PM
I assume this "Hacking" is only in the PC Game market for future games like RB6 Siege. Console players only have to put up with cheating players using known broken in-game glitchs to gain any advantage (and that's the developers fault for the lack of quality control and good console beta testing. Not uncommon in today's console gaming market). And with the next console game Siege update... in-game developer game glitchs can be stopped.

As I understand... in the Next-Gen "console" game market... hacking is almost impossible. If that is still true... I'm not sweating this. For the PC players... UbiSoft needs to support you 100%! Ban or zero out all user in game perks & weapons back to the beginning... and let the hackers eat poo! But from what I've read about developer in-game PC policing... that's not easy to do and leads to mistakes and pissed off customers.

I only know of one game developer with their COD games... that have tried to police their community with built in game controls to find the glitchers/hackers. EA with it's Battlefield games are very weak with this and almost impossible to stop BF in-game console glitchers. Maybe other developers have... but I haven't read about their efforts. To ban a console BF glitcher or PC hacker... EA seems to require video proof and multiple gamers reported complaints. (we gave up on that totally. Just go to a different server). Video proof is a little easier with today's Next-Gen consoles... but still not the answer. This responsibility lies first... with the game developer to police itself and it's community, for the benefit of it's customers.

VAPOR33
02-09-2015, 07:57 PM
Some systems might work out but being proactive is the trick. Unfortunately lame haxorz will always try to find a way to ruin any game they seem fit.

Cortexian
02-10-2015, 06:15 PM
I assume this "Hacking" is only in the PC Game market for future games like RB6 Siege. Console players only have to put up with cheating players using known broken in-game glitchs to gain any advantage (and that's the developers fault for the lack of quality control and good console beta testing. Not uncommon in today's console gaming market). And with the next console game Siege update... in-game developer game glitchs can be stopped.

As I understand... in the Next-Gen "console" game market... hacking is almost impossible. If that is still true... I'm not sweating this. For the PC players... UbiSoft needs to support you 100%! Ban or zero out all user in game perks & weapons back to the beginning... and let the hackers eat poo! But from what I've read about developer in-game PC policing... that's not easy to do and leads to mistakes and pissed off customers.

I only know of one game developer with their COD games... that have tried to police their community with built in game controls to find the glitchers/hackers. EA with it's Battlefield games are very weak with this and almost impossible to stop BF in-game console glitchers. Maybe other developers have... but I haven't read about their efforts. To ban a console BF glitcher or PC hacker... EA seems to require video proof and multiple gamers reported complaints. (we gave up on that totally. Just go to a different server). Video proof is a little easier with today's Next-Gen consoles... but still not the answer. This responsibility lies first... with the game developer to police itself and it's community, for the benefit of it's customers.
I really hate the myth that "hacking" only happens on PC versions of games. The actual truth is very far from that. Hacking does occur on consoles, modded consoles that people alter using hard or soft mods to enable greater access to the console system. The only thing that makes hacking less common on console games is the knowledge and skill gate required to do it. First you need to know how to mod your console, of which there are many variations and only some would allow you to implement hacks. Second, you need to know a bit about game development yourself, or at least how to use some hacking tools. Third, you need to be willing and able to put a lot of time in to get everything working properly.

Console anti-cheat is usually a lot less intense than anti-cheat on PC because they don't expect many people to actually mod their consoles for the purpose of hacking. Especially when there's a possibility of that entire console being hardware banned from the console game service (Live, PS Network, etc)...

Then there's modded controllers. That's a whole other ballgame since that can't normally be detected at all. In fact, bringing your own controllers into competitive events is typically banned now because a bunch of high-level players were caught using modded controllers to cheat in high-level tournaments.

Hopefully Ubisoft implements good anti-cheat in all versions of the game to counter all of this garbage that people do.

CTE_Esply_Polar
01-26-2016, 04:45 PM
reporting hacker
he is hacker and he admit in the end
he rage and abuse us
he said it is second account
plz ubi ban him

https://youtu.be/wWhIcU3BXoE