PDA

View Full Version : Any news on a Patch 5?

IXIRIPPERzIXI
01-16-2015, 12:44 PM
just wondering if anybody has heard of a new patch being put out for unity

all reply's are appreciated

wildp1tch
01-19-2015, 01:20 PM
I wouldn't hold my breath for any further improvements on this iteration of AC anymore. The release was badly flawed, 4 patches have been released to make the game at least playable. The reviews are in and UBI is not going to make any of them change, however much they update the game. Holiday sales are through as well, so they will probably not convince many more customers to buy it before the price tag goes down severely, regardless of how much afford they continue to put into it.

I assume business wise it's not a smart move to continue binding resources to this title any longer, particularly taking into account that the successor must be way into production by now and they cannot afford another hick up like this one.

I sincerely hope they get rid of the locks for weapons and gear before they move on. But I wouldn't even hold my breath for any companion app improvements.

auditorevita
01-19-2015, 02:47 PM
patch5 will not be able to repair the ACU

If how many patches are released, does UNITY become proper?

I think better that UBI remake the ACU than to release a patch.

wickywoowoo
01-19-2015, 02:55 PM
My game plays perfectly - no issues at all except one moment where an NPC fell from the sky but I've put in a good three weeks or so of hard play and nothing. Start the game new with a new game save after all patch installations and it plays perfectly. No issues with the app synching yet either.

Maybe I am just extremely lucky.

dargor5
01-19-2015, 02:57 PM
My game plays perfectly - no issues at all except one moment where an NPC fell from the sky but I've put in a good three weeks or so of hard play and nothing. Start the game new with a new game save after all patch installations and it plays perfectly. No issues with the app synching yet either.

Same here, playing dead kings right now and loving it

MrFuddyDuddy
01-19-2015, 03:00 PM

Yeah seriously, I think since launch I've had my game crash all of twice and have never experienced any major bugs. Just the random NPC falling out of the sky and a lot of lag in Co-op early on. Game has for the most part ran flawlessly for me, and my only problem at the moment is the inability to equip weapons unlocked via Companion App and Dead Kings.

wildp1tch
01-19-2015, 03:39 PM
I started the game very early on but had to take some time off. I picked up again around Christmas, after patch 4 had been released. I did not experience very many issues other than 4 crashes and the occasional flying NPC.

What doesn't work is the companion app, which is unable to synchronize on two different devices. I also am affected by the 2+ Billion point glitch in club competitions.

I had no problems at all with the DLC; it played beautifully.

As for the locked gear and weapons, those are business decisions taken by UBI (including the ones I cannot unlock due to the lack of companion app sync), none of them are bugs in the software.

@auditorevita
With all due respect, your constant calls for a total remake of ACU are not going to go anywhere. There's not going to be a re release in the foreseeable future, nor is anyone at UBI planning to change the whole plot of ACU now or in the future. You will have to live with it as it is.

RzaRecta357
01-19-2015, 06:14 PM
I honestly fell through the world twice and that was fixed SUPER fast. Beyond that I had a bit of frame rate issue but I assume because I have a 50dl and 30upload that it didn't hit me as hard. It had to do with the initiates website and uplay sending stuff back and forth or something.

IXIRIPPERzIXI
01-20-2015, 01:55 AM
well when i installed patch 4 for some reason my fighting mechanics were buggered up and the animation isn't correct meaning like when i am fighting and block the enemy's incoming attacks he blocks then parry's him with a back hand but its doesn't connect right if that makes sense

plus the npcs clothes flicker and change some npcs are just walking along without a hat on then bang instantly has a hat appear and also if they have a short coat on walk a few steps closer to him then it changes to a long coat and the detail in it improves right in front of your eyes and this didn't happen until patch 4 so i will not be playing until its fixed as its impossible to focus on the task in hand when you are just drawn to this and its not like its easy to turn your eyes to as its every single npc god help me when i go into a crowded area it just goes crazy i have posted videos on other threads of this happening and also on youtube and for the record am happy for the people that were lucky and didn't get this issues when installing patch 4 and games are working ok but that doesn't mean that everyone's game is the same as i have noticed people who didn't have issues with patch 3- did have with patch 4 maybe should note that i had 0 issues before patch 4 this is why am hoping they take a new patch out as i know the game is great when working how it is spoiced to

IXIRIPPERzIXI
01-20-2015, 01:58 AM
i wish i was one of the lucky one that got no issues with patch 4 am jealous lol

IXIRIPPERzIXI
01-20-2015, 02:01 AM
any way thanks for the replys am glad your games are running and playing ok still holding hope for a new update but until then guys assassinate them for me 2 :D:D:D