PDA

View Full Version : Who else thought the present day story sucked

RAWMACHINE_DBEAT
01-15-2015, 08:32 PM
Ive been a huge fan since the original AC, i loved how Desmond went from being captured to a badass assassin but ever since he died the present day became lame, what happened to those crazy cliff hangers like in the first 4 Assasins creed? I also didnt understand how Bishop in ACU tells your character from thr present to run away from the glitches, i thought you couldnt control the past you're supposed to sit there and watch the animus or should i say helix now display history in 3D. So please Ubisoft make the present day story badass again

Hans684
01-15-2015, 09:04 PM
If they won't give us a proper MD in the games, then they should at least move it to something like a TV/animated series. At least something instead of whatever Unity tried to be.

marvelfannumber
01-15-2015, 09:10 PM
I think a better question would be:

Who DIDN'T think the present day story sucked?

Namikaze_17
01-15-2015, 09:14 PM
What present day story? :rolleyes:

aL_____eX
01-15-2015, 09:19 PM
was about to post that. :rolleyes:

RADAR__4077
01-15-2015, 09:25 PM
I must have missed the md story when the dog sat on the controller and changed the channel to some televangelist chick, bishop...something. Idk what that was all about.

wildp1tch
01-15-2015, 09:58 PM
I posted my feelings towards this issue elsewhere on the forums. I'll just copy it here:

Since ACIII I've been waiting for the Juno story line to unfold in modern day AC. I had presumed that Abstergo would become agents of Junos will to enslave humanity. That a new modern day Assassin, someone in Desmonds footsteps, would be tasked with new challenges in the animus, to somehow figure out how to prevail over Juno and her henchmen. And wasn't that somehow Desmonds promise from AC III, when he shortly before he sacrificed himself told Minerva: "Whatever Juno's planning - however terrible it might seem today - we'll find a way to stop it. But the alternative, what you want ... There's no hope there."?

Instead of literally a new hope, we received Arno on a personal mission to avenge the murdered Grandmaster of the knights Templar. Isn't it ironic? A supposed Assassin avenging the Templars Grandmaster? Lucky the murderer was a Templar himself, right? I can only assume he would have willingly killed anyone, Assassin, Templar or whatever in order to avenge Monsieur de la Serre.

That pretty much sums up how I feel about MD in ACU. But there have always been naysayers who wanted to be rid of MD altogether. I presume they have won the battle.

EmptyCrustacean
01-15-2015, 11:57 PM
Instead of literally a new hope, we received Arno on a personal mission to avenge the murdered Grandmaster of the knights Templar. Isn't it ironic? A supposed Assassin avenging the Templars Grandmaster? Lucky the murderer was a Templar himself, right? I can only assume he would have willingly killed anyone, Assassin, Templar or whatever in order to avenge Monsieur de la Serre.

You've hit the nail on the head about what bothered me the most about Arno's story. He was avenging a Templar and he would have killed anybody responsible even if it was an Assassin! It was just coincidence that the person who did it was a Templar himself. Even if we had some scenes showing Arno conflicted about the nature of his adoptive father's work and questioning whether he was a good man after all that could have been an intresting angle to his arc. Or maybe they could have made it so it was about Arno and Elise trying to unite Assassins and Templars (Unity) and then showing all the obstacles he'd have to face. But no, they went for the cliche revenge story with a bit of romance thrown in.

wildp1tch
01-16-2015, 12:19 AM
You've hit the nail on the head about what bothered me the most about Arno's story. He was avenging a Templar and he would have killed anybody responsible even if it was an Assassin! It was just coincidence that the person who did it was a Templar himself. Even if we had some scenes showing Arno conflicted about the nature of his adoptive father's work and questioning whether he was a good man after all that could have been an intresting angle to his arc. Or maybe they could have made it so it was about Arno and Elise trying to unite Assassins and Templars (Unity) and then showing all the obstacles he'd have to face. But no, they went for the cliche revenge story with a bit of romance thrown in.

I like your suggestions about how they could have made a better plot of it.

Am I alone with the feeling of indifference about Elises death? I hated to see the Auditore Family die in AC II, John Marstons death in RDR drove me mad, I didn't give a damn about Elise.

EaglePrince25
01-16-2015, 03:02 AM
I think a better question would be:

Who DIDN'T think the present day story sucked?

Exactly :D There's been no real present day story since 3. They've done nothing except tease us with mentions of various characters, an appearance by Juno, and this new Sage storyline that they keep adding onto. Either they don't care, or they don't know where they want to take the present-day storyline anymore. Because the story's in the past have still been solid in my opinion (Save Unity)

JustPlainQuirky
01-16-2015, 03:02 AM

This.

Fatal-Feit
01-16-2015, 04:22 AM
Unity doesn't have a MD story, just some voice overs and rifts. It's too bare-bones to be considered a story, let alone MD.

That said, I thought the Desmond Saga sucked (i'll take Unity's over that). It was always pretentious, intrude-full, and poorly executed. Give me AC1/BF/ROesques MD or some AC2/Besque glyphs.

DemonLord4lf
01-16-2015, 04:27 AM
Rouge had something of a modern day story. Not much going on with Juno. However, i think they should add another entity to be the opposite of Juno. :D

Fatal-Feit
01-16-2015, 04:37 AM

You played a different game if that's what you got out of it.

It wasn't a revenge story, it was one of redemption. Arno's motives was to protect Elise at all cost. --He said that in sequence 11. Protecting the last person he loves was his redemption. He had already lost both his Father and step Father. The Creed was his means. As he said in the ending, he once thought the Creed meant that everything was free. He thought it justified his obsession with keeping Elise safe, even if it meant disregarding her own well-being. He couldn't care less about the murderers. Elise even said it herself in the mails. It was something along the lines of Arno allowing Germain to rule France if it meant keeping her safe.

I don't know where you got this ''revenge story'' from. Arno killed a few Templars, okay, but as soon as he heard Elise was in danger, he dropped everything to protect her. When he could have killed Germain, he didn't, he stayed with Elise to help fend off the enemies.

Anyway, the story wasn't about unity or revenge, it was about corruption. Everyone was corrupted. The civilians with their French Revolution (reign of terror), the Templars with their conspiracies (killing the De La Serres to start anew), the Assassins with their, well, how Bellec kindly put it :cool:, and even the protagonist and heroine themselves.

DemonLord4lf
01-16-2015, 04:39 AM

It wasn't a revenge story, it was one of redemption. Arno's motives was to protect Elise at all cost. --He said that in sequence 11. Protecting the last person he loves was his redemption. He had already lost both his Father and step Father. The Creed was his means. As he said in the ending, he once thought the Creed meant that everything was free. He thought it justified his obsession with keeping Elise safe, even if it meant disregarding her own well-being. He couldn't care less about the murderers. Elise even said it herself in the mails. It was something along the lines of Arno allowing Germain to rule France if it meant keeping her safe.

I don't know where you got this ''revenge story'' from. Arno killed a few Templars, okay, but as soon as he heard Elise was in danger, he dropped everything to protect her. When he could have killed Germain, he didn't, he stayed with Elise to help fend off the enemies.

Anyway, the story wasn't about unity or revenge, it was about corruption. Everyone was corrupted. The civilians with their French Revolution (reign of terror), the Templars with their conspiracies (killing their own GM and starting anew), the Assassins with their, well, how Bellec kindly put it :cool:, and even the protagonist and heroine themselves.

So it should've been called Assassins Creed Chaos :D im sure people would've complained less about the glitches with a title like that :p

Fatal-Feit
01-16-2015, 05:00 AM
So it should've been called Assassins Creed Chaos :D im sure people would've complained less about the glitches with a title like that :p

U just want chaos because sig. :rolleyes:

But ye, Chaos actually sounds good. ...It's very fitting.

DemonLord4lf
01-16-2015, 05:04 AM
U just want chaos because sig. :rolleyes:

But ye, Chaos actually sounds good. ...It's very fitting.

No.... <.<

>.>

ok maybe....

arthur-peresb13
01-16-2015, 06:27 AM

Anyway, the story wasn't about unity or revenge, it was about corruption. Everyone was corrupted. The civilians with their French Revolution (reign of terror), the Templars with their conspiracies (killing the De La Serres to start anew), the Assassins with their, well, how Bellec kindly put it :cool:, and even the protagonist and heroine themselves.

If the game was about chaos and corruption it would bee pretty better game.
Things in this game just don't make any sense. The templars ideas is about order, but then they start the most chaotic and messup revolution that change way from day to night. The templars should just apear in the end of the game, supporting Napoleon to became imperator and finish that mess. Robespierre and Danton should have been more presenting during the campaing. The story was so ****up that we don't have any support characters worth to remember. So rushed, so meanless, so stupid plot with such obvius ending...