PDA

View Full Version : Arno after Unity (SPOILERS, obviously)

Kiltraki
01-15-2015, 02:19 PM
This is just a little timeline of Arno's life after Unity. All of this comes from the AC Wiki.

One month after his final confrontation against Germain, Arno, still devastated by Élise's death, was hiding in Saint-Denis. In the city where the French kings were buried, the exiled Assassin discovered a new plot involving a group of tomb raiders searching the necropolis for precursor artifacts.

Ruddock's betrayal
Now residing in Versailles, Arno was met by the outcast Assassin Bernard Ruddock, an acquaintance of Élise who contacted her at some point after the latter's death. Ruddock gave Arno a letter that Élise had written in the event of her death, explaining a number of her actions and directing him to find her chest of keepsakes. She only asked that Arno allow Ruddock to keep a pack of letters that she had been given by Jennifer Scott on her trip to London, which would allow Ruddock to gain favor with the Assassin Council and rejoin the Brotherhood.

Arno agreed to honor her wishes, took Ruddock's address and told him he would be in touch once he had obtained the letters and Élise's chest. Arno also agreed that he would endorse any efforts he made to win favor with the Assassins. Arno traveled to the Maison Royale where he met Élise's teacher, Mr. Weatherall and was given the chest as promised.

Ruddock had followed Arno and betrayed him, attempting to kill him on the order of the British Templars. However, Ruddock was killed by Mr. Weatherall before he could shoot Arno. Arno stayed with Élise's friends during the years following her death, having been invited to stay by her former maid out of respect to her mistress.[4]

Master Assassin
Sometime afterwards Arno rejoined the Brotherhood, eventually becoming a Master Assassin. He frequently visited Élise, blooming her grave, and proclaimed himself redeemed of his previous mistakes. During the following years while undergoing several missions for the Brotherhood, Arno also tried to honor Elise's last will of reducing the gap between the Templars and Assassins.

On 24 December 1800, Arno prevented a royalist assassination attempt on Napoleon involving snipers, as well as an explosive device known as the Machine Infernal. Arno managed to assassinate the snipers before they could fire at Napoleon's carriage. The Machine Infernal was detonated too early, away from Napoleon's carriage. Arno tracked down the royalist leader behind the assassination attempt and assassinated him and his henchmen.

In 1808, Arno entered the Temple once more, accompanied by Napoleon. There, they discovered Germain's corpse which had long since decayed. They then buried his skeletal remains in the Parisian catacombs

Again this is just for those that are interested.

Personally I wish the Ruddock stuff was put in the game.

When you read Arno's story on paper it is actually quite interesting and deep. It's a really interesting story. I feel they didn't do it justice in the game though. The presentation of it is just too short and characters are not fleshed out enough.

ze_topazio
01-15-2015, 02:27 PM
I wonder how he reacted to Napoleon coup d'état and self proclamation as Emperor.

Fatal-Feit
01-15-2015, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the post. I haven't read the novel yet, but I don't mind spoilers. --This was a very interesting read.

On 24 December 1800, Arno prevented a royalist assassination attempt on Napoleon involving snipers, as well as an explosive device known as the Machine Infernal. Arno managed to assassinate the snipers before they could fire at Napoleon's carriage. The Machine Infernal was detonated too early, away from Napoleon's carriage. Arno tracked down the royalist leader behind the assassination attempt and assassinated him and his henchmen.

Oh snap. That's the CO-OP mission.

When you read Arno's story on paper it is actually quite interesting and deep. It's a really interesting story. I feel they didn't do it justice in the game though. The presentation of it is just too short and characters are not fleshed out enough.

Indeed. It reminds me a lot of AC3's story, in which many details and important bits were cut-out, leaving the story feeling almost like a mess until you replayed it and started piecing things together.

I wonder how he reacted to Napoleon coup d'état and self proclamation as Emperor.

Speaking of which, I've been thinking about how Unity would tie in to Victory. I mean, they SHOULD be tied. It could be something like Revelations where the protagonist of Victory views the memories of Arno during Napolean's reign.

In fact, I kind of feel like that is what's up. I'm certain they're not going to pass up the rest of Napolean's life. When it's a new engine and gameplay, the developers tend to rehash familiar settings and architectures, so I've got a feeling that it'll be like Revelations to avoid giving players settings such as Egypt.

dargor5
01-15-2015, 03:20 PM
This is just a little timeline of Arno's life after Unity. All of this comes from the AC Wiki.

One month after his final confrontation against Germain, Arno, still devastated by Élise's death, was hiding in Saint-Denis. In the city where the French kings were buried, the exiled Assassin discovered a new plot involving a group of tomb raiders searching the necropolis for precursor artifacts.

Ruddock's betrayal
Now residing in Versailles, Arno was met by the outcast Assassin Bernard Ruddock, an acquaintance of Élise who contacted her at some point after the latter's death. Ruddock gave Arno a letter that Élise had written in the event of her death, explaining a number of her actions and directing him to find her chest of keepsakes. She only asked that Arno allow Ruddock to keep a pack of letters that she had been given by Jennifer Scott on her trip to London, which would allow Ruddock to gain favor with the Assassin Council and rejoin the Brotherhood.

Arno agreed to honor her wishes, took Ruddock's address and told him he would be in touch once he had obtained the letters and Élise's chest. Arno also agreed that he would endorse any efforts he made to win favor with the Assassins. Arno traveled to the Maison Royale where he met Élise's teacher, Mr. Weatherall and was given the chest as promised.

Ruddock had followed Arno and betrayed him, attempting to kill him on the order of the British Templars. However, Ruddock was killed by Mr. Weatherall before he could shoot Arno. Arno stayed with Élise's friends during the years following her death, having been invited to stay by her former maid out of respect to her mistress.[4]

Master Assassin
Sometime afterwards Arno rejoined the Brotherhood, eventually becoming a Master Assassin. He frequently visited Élise, blooming her grave, and proclaimed himself redeemed of his previous mistakes. During the following years while undergoing several missions for the Brotherhood, Arno also tried to honor Elise's last will of reducing the gap between the Templars and Assassins.

In 1808, Arno entered the Temple once more, accompanied by Napoleon. There, they discovered Germain's corpse which had long since decayed. They then buried his skeletal remains in the Parisian catacombs

Again this is just for those that are interested.

Personally I wish the Ruddock stuff was put in the game.

Thanks for sharing very interesting, wish it was in game though.
I hope more dlcs are to come at least two more like they did on AC3 (but proper dlc not a sidescroller crap)

Kiltraki
01-15-2015, 05:18 PM
Thanks for the post. I haven't read the novel yet, but I don't mind spoilers. --This was a very interesting read.

Oh snap. That's the CO-OP mission.

Indeed. It reminds me a lot of AC3's story, in which many details and important bits were cut-out, leaving the story feeling almost like a mess until you replayed it and started piecing things together.

Speaking of which, I've been thinking about how Unity would tie in to Victory. I mean, they SHOULD be tied. It could be something like Revelations where the protagonist of Victory views the memories of Arno during Napolean's reign.

In fact, I kind of feel like that is what's up. I'm certain they're not going to pass up the rest of Napolean's life. When it's a new engine and gameplay, the developers tend to rehash familiar settings and architectures, so I've got a feeling that it'll be like Revelations to avoid giving players settings such as Egypt.

I actually think this is a huge reason they've decided to do Victorian London.

- It was a highly requested setting.
- A lot of the assets can be re-used from Unity

A lot of the buildings will look at least slightly similar. Can guarantee a lot of the gear will have similar accents as well.

Obviously stuff will be different, but the difference between France and Egypt, and France and England is uncomparable. That's why I reckon they want at least one more game (or perhaps two) of using these assets to make games set in Europe. Then once they're convinced they have used the assets enough they will make some brand new ones of Egypt and Asia possibly.

Perk89
01-15-2015, 05:44 PM
I for one am ready to give this architectural period a break. I hope they don't reuse anything.

Altair1789
01-15-2015, 05:49 PM
I for one am ready to give this architectural period a break. I hope they don't reuse anything.

Time for trains and factories :cool:

Namikaze_17
01-15-2015, 06:48 PM

Ye. :cool:

arthur-peresb13
01-16-2015, 05:17 AM
Arno sucks in the game...

He got a really good background to make a interesting plot.

He was raised by a templar, and fall in love with another, he lived with them for 12 years, so his seems the templars in a diferent way of the assassins as he says to bellec during they fight. But then the game come's and 2 months are more then enough time to him ignore he's whole life experience, start to belive that templars are bad guys and kill then without any dialogue or excitation.

the templars start the revolution for me was also a stupid plot. The main goal of the templars is to keep the Order and control. The French revolutions edge anarchy, simple don't make sense. The order was weak at that point and with a truce with the assassins. This game should have been the oportunity too understand the templars way of seems things, that we need some order. question the "everything is permited".

DemonLord4lf
01-16-2015, 05:25 AM
Arno sucks in the game...

He got a really good background to make a interesting plot.

He was raised by a templar, and fall in love with another, he lived with them for 12 years, so his seems the templars in a diferent way of the assassins as he says to bellec during they fight. But then the game come's and 2 months are more then enough time to him ignore he's whole life experience, start to belive that templars are bad guys and kill then without any dialogue or excitation.

the templars start the revolution for me was also a stupid plot for me. The main goal of the templars is to keep the Order and control. The French revolutions edge anarchy, simple don't make sense. The order was weak at that point and with a truce with the assassins. This game should have been the oportunity too understand the templars way of seems things, that we need some order. question the "everything is permited".

Thats what the forces of chaos could be blamed for. We could be part of both the assassins and templars and just stir up trouble just to cause chaos. Just a thought.

Finaldeath89
01-16-2015, 05:43 AM

Now i want an Assassin's Creed game in the Wild West.

DemonLord4lf
01-16-2015, 05:44 AM
Now i want an Assassin's Creed game in the Wild West.

NO! Too many guns....

arthur-peresb13
01-16-2015, 06:19 AM
Thats what the forces of chaos could be blamed for. We could be part of both the assassins and templars and just stir up trouble just to cause chaos. Just a thought.

would probably be a better game.

French revolution is about chaos, corruption and fear, not that vanila tragic romance ******** that we got.

rob1990312
01-16-2015, 06:25 AM
if the game had a great story with solid mechanics i think any setting would work even if it had loads of guns, nobody would have thought an ac game about pirates and ships would work but it did

arthur-peresb13
01-16-2015, 06:30 AM
if the game had a great story with solid mechanics i think any setting would work even if it had loads of guns, nobody would have thought an ac game about pirates and ships would work but it did

the main problem with the wild west for me is the shadow of Red Dead Redemption. That game was amazing and a AC during that period would be directed compared to it.

DemonLord4lf
01-16-2015, 06:37 AM

They would need to change alot of things. And i doubt Ubisoft would be up for that....

rob1990312
01-16-2015, 06:59 AM
the main problem with the wild west for me is the shadow of Red Dead Redemption. That game was amazing and a AC during that period would be directed compared to it.

very true
but my point is that that lets say if red dead redemption was actually assassins creed red dr with the added feature of a hidden blade and the ability to clim trees and cliffs people would think it was a great game
what im getting at is that ubi shouldnt be afraid to stick to the mould