PDA

View Full Version : Dead Kings - Arno and the Brotherhood?

MyAccountMax
01-15-2015, 07:45 AM
So.. The DLC never showed us Arno rejoining the Brotherhood.

It is obvious that he did rejoin, but itīs weird that he did so since his goal was to go into hiding.
It isnīt until the final cutscene that we are shown that he is with them again, since he leaves the Piece of Eden to a member of the brotherhood, but I wanted to see him getting re-instated with my own eyes....

xThistle
01-15-2015, 07:52 AM
nobody cares

Freyr1983
01-15-2015, 08:19 AM
I do care to see further on Arno story :D

Fatal-Feit
01-15-2015, 08:33 AM
I wish I could comment, but I didn't finish the DLC, so...

Assassin_M
01-15-2015, 08:51 AM
but I wanted to see him getting re-instated with my own eyes....
Do you also want to see him die? See him have kids? have him tell you that he misses Elise? Why is this so important?

It's implied that he rejoins the brotherhood in the main game and dead kings shows how he got back. You don't need to see anymore

marvelfannumber
01-15-2015, 09:09 AM
Do you also want to see him die? See him have kids? have him tell you that he misses Elise? Why is this so important?

It's implied that he rejoins the brotherhood in the main game and dead kings shows how he got back. You don't need to see anymore

I guess, but then again Arno getting expelled from the brotherhood was treated as a major plot point in the game. What's the point of showing him get expelled from the brotherhood if you're never going to get any kind of resolution as to how he came back. Makes that subplot feel...kind of pointless (just like the rest of the game).

Assassin_M
01-15-2015, 09:15 AM
I guess, but then again Arno getting expelled from the brotherhood was treated as a major plot point in the game. What's the point of showing him get expelled from the brotherhood if you're never going to get any kind of resolution as to how he came back. Makes that subplot feel...kind of pointless (just like the rest of the game).
But it DOES say how he gets back. You don't NEED to see it. "Arno Victor Dorian, we reinstate your rank" *everybody stands up* *Assassin gives Arno his hidden blade back* yaaaaaaaaaaay. Come now.

Fatal-Feit
01-15-2015, 09:22 AM

It's to show how lost Arno have become. He was so occupied with his own agenda that he neglected the Brotherhood. Abused the Creed as a means to an end. That's the point.

Showing the resolution doesn't need to be a thing. Having a resolution and development, is what matters, IMO

BloodyAugust
01-15-2015, 10:31 AM
It's to show how lost Arno have become. He was so occupied with his own agenda that he neglected the Brotherhood. Abused the Creed as a means to an end. That's the point.

Showing the resolution doesn't need to be a thing. Having a resolution and development, is what matters, IMO

I thought it showed more how corrupt, lazy and overly political the Paris branch had become. Marabou was an ineffectual leader, and the rest of the council did not seem much better. The lead character in most of the games has often put his own interest in front of the Brotherhood's with no real punishment, it was only here that a bureaucracy existed. Bellec was right and the branch was weak and misguided.

Fatal-Feit
01-15-2015, 10:52 AM
I thought it showed more how corrupt, lazy and overly political the Paris branch had become. Marabou was an ineffectual leader, and the rest of the council did not seem much better. The lead character in most of the games has often put his own interest in front of the Brotherhood's with no real punishment, it was only here that a bureaucracy existed. Bellec was right and the branch was weak and misguided.

Yeah, that too. I was trying to keep it relevant. The point of Unity as a whole is to show how corrupted everyone was and could be.

As Arno put it:

''Ideals too easily give way to Dogma. Dogma becomes fanaticism.''

It wasn't just the people during the French Revolution, but the Templars and Assassins. Almost everyone suffered from it (arguably, not Bellec), including the protagonist and heroine themselves.