PDA

View Full Version : Any way to disable awful Film Grain?

tek4wiseman
01-15-2015, 05:30 AM
I've tried SweetFX but have 64 bit win 8.1 and have not had any success with the workarounds for it. I can run the game with a decent FPS on all Ultra-High settings with TSAA enabled, and the graphics are great. Absolutely stunning even. Except for the fact that at all times my screen is covered with a god awful film grain that makes everything look littered with tiny gray dots flickering in and out of existence. It's hard for me to even play because I'm constantly distracted by how terrible the grain looks across my clothes and the landscape. It's not just graphical elitism either, I'm actually playing Runescape instead of Unity because I can't get past the awful film grain.

Any advice?

tek4wiseman
01-16-2015, 06:40 PM
Would love to see some official word on this issue, but seeing as how official word on almost every issue is non-existent I'll not get my hopes up lol.

YazX_
01-16-2015, 07:14 PM
i have seen similar thread about this issue, my advise is to stop using TXAA for this game and just use FXAA, i've tried all AA modes and FXAA works best for this game.

jeffies04
01-16-2015, 07:40 PM
I agree with Yaz. I'm a big fan of TXAA, but something is wonky with it in ACU. It just doesn't work right. FXAA is actually superior in this game!

Also, check in your configuration file(s) for Sweet FX... It makes me wonder if you have a setting stuck on since film grain isn't a part of ACU.

Reytime
01-16-2015, 08:54 PM
Use MFAA (if you can) in combination with MSAA, looks really nice in my opinion.

tek4wiseman
01-16-2015, 11:32 PM
Definitely isn't anything to do with the Anti-aliasing. It looks the exact same on all settings.

Although film grain isn't an *official* feature of the game, it most certainly is a glaring and ugly feature of my play experience.

YazX_
01-17-2015, 12:26 AM
Definitely isn't anything to do with the Anti-aliasing. It looks the exact same on all settings.

Although film grain isn't an *official* feature of the game, it most certainly is a glaring and ugly feature of my play experience.

mmm, please post some screenshots so we can see how it looks like.