PDA

View Full Version : What crowd event set are you on?

MonsterBot314
01-15-2015, 04:56 AM
Just started 75 here. Wondering what the highest someone has gotten. 100? 150? or heaven forbid 200 lol.

HeJePi
01-15-2015, 05:20 AM
I am at 140 :rolleyes:

wvstolzing
01-15-2015, 05:32 AM
I was in the vicinity of ~120 when I left playing.

SixKeys
01-15-2015, 06:26 AM
I think 55. Y'all are way ahead of me.

Fatal-Feit
01-15-2015, 07:21 AM

I know someone who might be at 200.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
01-15-2015, 01:51 PM
Do the crowd events ever just stop? Or do they continue indefinitely just not as "sets"..?

I really will be disappointed if they just end. -_-

Fatal-Feit
01-15-2015, 01:54 PM
Do the crowd events ever just stop? Or do they continue indefinitely just not as "sets"..?

I really will be disappointed if they just end. -_-

They don't stop.

The thief will pickpocket ladies until the end of time.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
01-15-2015, 02:03 PM
They don't stop.

The thief will pickpocket ladies until the end of time.

Thank the maker!

It'd be cool if the next game has A. more types of crowd events and B. More variety and randomization of each type. So instead of the same guy robbing the same girl, it can randomly be any guy or girl robbing any guy or girl. That way it feels somewhat less generic, samey, and redundant.

BUT... I'm happy they've got 'em. I was worried when they discussed how there are stories all over Paris and Murder Mysteries instead of just random events. It sounded as though they opted for just side missions but they included both which is neat. this is the first AC to really have these and I hope they continue to refine it.

Kiltraki
01-15-2015, 02:08 PM
Thank the maker!.

I get it :)

But currently I'm up to 75. No idea how people can be on 200

rrebe
01-15-2015, 02:09 PM
I think I'm at 85 now

Fatal-Feit
01-15-2015, 02:15 PM
It'd be cool if the next game has A. more types of crowd events and B. More variety and randomization of each type. So instead of the same guy robbing the same girl, it can randomly be any guy or girl robbing any guy or girl. That way it feels somewhat less generic, samey, and redundant.

Same here. I'd love to see something like chasing down trafficking carriages in Victory.

It's not relevant, but the crowd interactions in this game are pretty impressive. Someone told me that her thieves got lectured by a priest nearby (twice).

BUT... I'm happy they've got 'em. I was worried when they discussed how there are stories all over Paris and Murder Mysteries instead of just random events. It sounded as though they opted for just side missions but they included both which is neat. this is the first AC to really have these and I hope they continue to refine it.

It's awesome, but I'm still saddened by that fact that side missions (Paris Stories) can't be replayed.

HeJePi
01-15-2015, 02:22 PM
If you have some time to waste ... just do like that:

* Equip your money pouch, when there are a few NPCs around drop a money pouch on the floor (PS4 tap R1),
stay at the same place, the game will give you 50 creed points "money pouch blend'. Great !

* Roughly 50% of the time the lady and the thief will appear out of thin air near you. Normal ... money attract thief, correct ?
The thief 'steal' something from an empty basket ... hesitate a little bit ... then start running ... you can only tackle him when he is running :rolleyes:

* You can also experiment how the thief reacts to various stimuli (beside the usual tackle of course) ... just drop a smoke bomb in front of him for example.

* Do take note that the lady with the basket and the thief are always the SAME appearance ALL around Paris. I believe they are all from the same family ... hahaha !

This game is really half baked !

Jackdaw951
01-15-2015, 08:22 PM
Just started on 115. The amount of money should be multiplied by a factor based on the the crowd-event target number, say moneyBase*crowdEventMax/20. 25K is just so insignificant now.

Finaldeath89
01-15-2015, 08:24 PM
I am at 55 but started ignoring most of the ones i see since it is just money at this point which i got plenty of.

Jackdaw951
01-15-2015, 08:29 PM
I am at 55 but started ignoring most of the ones i see since it is just money at this point which i got plenty of.

Yeah, I've been ignoring them myself, unless they happen right in front of me as I'm running by. I won't chase a thief unless he's going my way either. These events are so frequent that I'm still completing one after the other even without trying.

Shahkulu101
01-15-2015, 08:52 PM
I'm at 55, started ignoring them a while ago. They need serious work, too repetitive and simple. I had fun with them for a while though.

Alphacos007
01-15-2015, 08:58 PM
I just reached 60, but I've also been ignoring most of them.
I found it funny though that today I saw for the first time one of those random events, asking me to give money for the poor. And the one telling me to scary the bullies away hasn't appeared for quite a while now.

GunnerGalactico
01-15-2015, 09:03 PM
I've also got 60.

wildp1tch
01-15-2015, 09:27 PM
100. I always mentally calculate how many % along the set I am which is of course super easy in this one. As long as I had actual stuff to do I always thought they were a welcome distraction. Now that they're the only thing that's left they've become somewhat boring.

wvstolzing
01-15-2015, 09:28 PM
GTA5's random events is a much better implementation of pretty much the same idea. They threw in just a few variations, random outcomes, random verbal responses, etc., to keep the experience fresh, which -- inescapably -- has to get repetitive after a while.

SixKeys
01-15-2015, 10:03 PM
It would be cool to have more possibilities to tackle crowd events. I like the "scare the bullies" one because you have at least two different approaches: draw your weapon or drop a bomb in front of them. They should just allow us to kill civilians again, that would allow for more different responses. We could tackle the thief, pickpocket him in return (a bit of poetic justice) or just shoot him. It would change the dynamics of how the crowd responds to us. Tackle him like a good vigilante and people cheer, shoot him in cold blood and they run away in terror.