PDA

View Full Version : Dead Kings installed but not unlocked (PS4)

kickinginanonce
01-14-2015, 10:54 PM
So I've downloaded the Dead Kings DLC from the PS Store, it says it's installed but when I go into AC Unity and try to travel to Franciade it won't let me (the only option at the coach is press O to close). I tried to start the DLC from the Store but it says it cannot find the application and asks if I want to search the store for it and promptly takes me to the AC Unity full game download page. I am using a disc-based version so I don't need or want to purchase the digital version.

Anybody else having a similar problem or found a work around?

twiztid_hbz
01-15-2015, 02:02 AM
I have the exact same problem here. I downloaded the dlc 3 times already and it still doesn't work. My disc comes from the Notre Dame ps4 edition. I contacted ubi support but no response yet...

Golfjkt
01-15-2015, 02:18 AM
[Mine downloaded, but will not install.

HeJePi
01-15-2015, 04:07 AM
I had a similar case with AC Black Flag.

The original game was showing "Region ALL",

When I downloaded the Season Pass components (including Freedom Cry), I can download but it does not install ... it says [Waiting to Install ...]
I am in region 3 / Singapore

The game itself is not region coded, but the DLC are ;)

kickinginanonce
01-15-2015, 10:01 AM
I have the exact same problem here. I downloaded the dlc 3 times already and it still doesn't work. My disc comes from the Notre Dame ps4 edition. I contacted ubi support but no response yet...

Mine is also the Notre Dame PS4 edition although not sure if that will make much difference. Have also contacted Ubi support.

Reiksher
01-15-2015, 12:52 PM
Have the same problem with my PS4 Notre Dame Ed. :(

HeJePi
01-15-2015, 01:32 PM
UbiSoft will send you to PlayStation ... and PS will send you back to Ubi ... when there is an issue, those 2 are really good Ping-Pong players :rolleyes:

Check if there is any 'region' mentioned on the package ... and what region you are in ! If the game send the wrong info to the PS installer then everything is stuck !

Myself I had no choice but to buy another game disc 'region 3' ... once I uninstall = delete the 'region all' game and install the 'region 3' game,
everything fall back in place ... whatever I downloaded just install / run smoothly without a glitch ! I sold away my other game disc on eBay to recover some $s.

I sincerely hope your problem will be solved another way :o

DeluxedMass
01-15-2015, 01:40 PM
How to fix the "Waiting to Install" error
I tried to get my hands on the DLC faster by using an US account, since all the content in the console can be shared between accounts i thought i can use it on my original UK account. but it didn't work and i wasted my time on download 8GB for nothing!
You see when the download ended on the US account, the console checked to see if i had ever put a Region1 AC Unity Disk (Region 1= PS4 USA Bluray Disk) but couldn't found it and because of that it gave me the "Waiting to Install" description. A lot of people are getting the same error because of the same reason. You need to download the DLC for the game region you own. for example:
I have region 2 [UK] console, I should have a UK account, I should have put a Region 2 [UK] disk on my PS4 at least once, and I should download DLC using that account. hope i helped.

twiztid_hbz
01-15-2015, 02:58 PM
The game is region 2 and I only have a UK psn account. The dlc is still locked. I think I'm going to delete the game and install it again (updates and all that...). Maybe that will do...however I doubt it...
Also...I forgot to mention..I finished the game weeks ago...

PS: still no answer from ubi support...

kickinginanonce
01-15-2015, 04:47 PM
The game is region 2 and I only have a UK psn account. The dlc is still locked. I think I'm going to delete the game and install it again (updates and all that...). Maybe that will do...however I doubt it...
Also...I forgot to mention..I finished the game weeks ago...

PS: still no answer from ubi support...

Let us know if deleting and reinstalling the game works. Did consider that but have held off so far.

Yeah completed the game myself just doing the companion app stuff to get the last few artifacts and companion missions

Reiksher
01-15-2015, 04:53 PM
Reinstalling game and data didn't work for me.

twiztid_hbz
01-15-2015, 09:53 PM
I reinstalled the game but as the psn store is down I can't download the dlc...as soon as the store is up I'll try again but as Reiksher said I think it's a longshot...it seems that after the dlc is downloaded it doesn't recognise the game (or vice versa) and the game size remains the same...it should appear 8 gb larger but it doesn't...anyway...it sucks big time...

Ubi "support" still hasn't answered...why am I not surprised....

Edit: I re-installed everything and IT STILL DOESN'T WORK!!!! After the dlc is installed the game size doesn't change (8 gb+ as it should).

I'm going to stop now as I feel the urge to say something really bad that's not really in my character...no answers from ubi support...no nothing...thanks alot for a useless dlc ubisoft and a really "phenomenal" game....

twiztid_hbz
01-16-2015, 11:01 AM
UPDATE: Workaround found: Enter your psn account ON YOUR PC. Clear the download queue and install the dlc from there.

mpouk98
01-16-2015, 03:36 PM
I have the same problem

Simpern
01-17-2015, 02:23 PM
UPDATE: Workaround found: Enter your psn account ON YOUR PC. Clear the download queue and install the dlc from there.

It works!! Thanks ;)

mpouk98
01-17-2015, 04:28 PM

i found it thanks now i wait for it to dowload

Tyrhydion
01-17-2015, 08:20 PM
Wait a minute, I am just downloading the DLC for the next 99+ hours and it may still be locked??

LoL

kickinginanonce
01-18-2015, 12:48 AM

You sir, are a genius, thank you very much.

mpouk98
01-18-2015, 02:48 PM

i did it yesterday but this mornig when i check it it was still saying << waiting to install>> what can i do?

mpouk98
01-18-2015, 07:27 PM

im still waiting to install