PDA

View Full Version : Things you thought would be in ACU but weren't.

ninja-usagi
01-14-2015, 04:27 AM
I'm lucky that I've been able to play and finish ACU. So this isn't a moaning rant.
But I remember the leaked images and first trailers of Unity which after looking a them, made me wonder how the game might play.
For example, I thought maybe Arno could use the guillotine against enemies, grab them, throw em head first into the guillotine, they get trapped...whoosh, off with their head.
Also, gaming sites and magazines seemed to think there may be some extra way of fighting/travelling around in the way that were ships in black flag. But as you know you can't ride the horses...or pet a dog!

Makes me wonder what will be added/removed from AC Victory.

jeffies04
01-14-2015, 05:43 AM
Also, gaming sites and magazines seemed to think there may be some extra way of fighting/travelling around in the way that were ships in black flag. But as you know you can't ride the horses...or pet a dog!

This is because someone said in an interview or some form of media that ships won't appear in ACU, but they will be using the same sort of technology that allowed for the parkour on moving objects. Something to that effect anyway. Made people think there'd be fighting and jumping around on moving carriages or something totally cool.

It's a classic mistake of overpromise and underdeliver when they should be doing the opposite.

EDIT: NOT saying I think ACU isn't totally amazing despite its struggles. Just saying it's a common PR thing to get overchatty and misinterpreted.

medavroog
01-14-2015, 08:29 AM
It's a classic mistake of overpromise and underdeliver when they should be doing the opposite.

And UbiSoft didn't even add Savate into the game ... Arno does kick, but none of his kicks are from Savate.