PDA

View Full Version : PS4 Dead Kings, not getting until Jan 14th... SERIOUSLY?!

ShadoeKat
01-13-2015, 05:03 PM
Ok, this sucks. I'm one of the people who actually purchased the season pass. We would normally get the content before others. So today is the "supposed" release date and we don't get it until tomorrow. Various region bull that y'all talk about just is stupid. You can put the portal area on my system weeks ago and give me weapons... that all need to be unlocked, but you can't give me the mission on the actual release date?

Maybe Ubisoft needs to rethink how to deal with this stuff. I understand it's free for everyone, but again, I paid the money initially for it and to get it ON the release date. Disappointed.:(

Aphex_Tim
01-13-2015, 05:24 PM
You get a free, recent triple A game for having bought the season pass and you're complaining about having to wait one day for the DLC?

Assassin_M
01-13-2015, 05:25 PM
Ubisoft has nothing to do with DLC release dates. Hey, I know you think Ubisoft just hates you and that they'v nothing better to do but spend every waking second of their lives thinking about how to make their fans miserable, but this is Sony's fault with their archaic network update system.

Namikaze_17
01-13-2015, 05:29 PM
It's just tomorrow, mate...

Look at midnight if you're really anxious. :rolleyes:

ShadoeKat
01-13-2015, 05:31 PM
You're both wrong. I don't feel Ubisoft hates me and the free game did no good really because I have them or don't play them. So you totally don't know me and the real reason I posted. It's really just about the fact that they shouldn't publish release dates as IF everyone is going to get something on such and such date. I'm sure if I look back in the forum you both have complained about something. So stop trolling just to harp on people. :)

ShadoeKat
01-13-2015, 05:32 PM
It's just tomorrow, mate...

Look at midnight if you're really anxious. :rolleyes:

Yeah I know, just wish they wouldn't say release date as if it's set in stone to just let people down. Thanks for posting and not just getting on my case. :)

Assassin_M
01-13-2015, 05:32 PM
You're both wrong. I don't feel Ubisoft hates me and the free game did no good really because I have them or don't play them. So you totally don't know me and the real reason I posted. It's really just about the fact that they shouldn't publish release dates as IF everyone is going to get something on such and such date. I'm sure if I look back in the forum you both have complained about something. So stop trolling just to harp on people. :)
No body is trolling, you're blaming people you shouldn't. Ubisoft said the release date for PS4 will be on Wednesday. Point is, you're barking up the wrong tree. Take it up with Sony.

ShadoeKat
01-13-2015, 05:33 PM
Point is, you're barking up the wrong tree. Take it up with Sony.

Umm, my choice to bark anywhere I want to, much like you are, thank you very much.

Assassin_M
01-13-2015, 05:36 PM
Umm, my choice to bark anywhere I want to, much like you are, thank you very much.
Woooooooooooooooow. Mate, that doesn't make any sense.

VitoAuditore
01-13-2015, 05:45 PM
@ op, I really dont get why you're mad that ps4 is getting theirs at the 14th. this has been known for some time now, so either you were too lazy to check that, or you knew it already and you're lying to us. which of the 2 is it? either way, you really have no real reason to be mad.

bitebug2003
01-13-2015, 05:48 PM
I was always under the impression DLC releases usually coincide with the PS Store Update of that region

For the EU/AUS territories the PS Store updates tomorrow.
For the US the PS Store updates today (but they get Dead Kings tomorrow?)

Assassin_M
01-13-2015, 05:57 PM
I was always under the impression DLC releases usually coincide with the PS Store Update of that region

For the EU/AUS territories the PS Store updates tomorrow.
For the US the PS Store updates today (but they get Dead Kings tomorrow?)
Indeed, we get dead kings whenever the PS store updates. 14th being the latest date so people wouldn't complain if the 13th comes and they don't find the game.

HiddenKiller612
01-13-2015, 05:59 PM
lol one day, that's sure gonna be a long wait :rolleyes:

bitebug2003
01-13-2015, 06:01 PM
Indeed, we get dead kings whenever the PS store updates. 14th being the latest date so people wouldn't complain if the 13th comes and they don't find the game.

Ah ok.

It's rather silly that PSN has different days to update their store - why not have both regions on a Tuesday (or Wednesday)?

Jackdaw951
01-13-2015, 06:02 PM
The release dates were announced a while back. I can understand the frustration, but it's just one day, and the OP is off-base in claiming that this is a surprise, or an unwelcome change. There is no change in the schedule, and if he is surprised, he didn't bother to read the announcement closely enough.

ShadoeKat
01-13-2015, 06:09 PM
The release dates were announced a while back. I can understand the frustration, but it's just one day, and the OP is off-base in claiming that this is a surprise, or an unwelcome change. There is no change in the schedule, and if he is surprised, he didn't bother to read the announcement closely enough.

Didn't say it was a surprise, was saying I saw no other date posted accept the 13th. Today is the 13th, just expected to be there. So no not surprised, just saying that I saw no other date over the past few weeks on this that said PS4 on the 14th. That's all.

Calgoth
01-13-2015, 06:25 PM
Didn't say it was a surprise, was saying I saw no other date posted accept the 13th. Today is the 13th, just expected to be there. So no not surprised, just saying that I saw no other date over the past few weeks on this that said PS4 on the 14th. That's all.

So your saying you did not read the sticky on the top of the page http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/990762-Assassin-s-Creed-Unity-Dead-Kings-DLC-Cinematic-Trailer-and-release-date! which was posted a week ago

Jackdaw951
01-13-2015, 06:31 PM
Yep. And here is the relevant part:

London, UK — January 6, 2015 — Today, Ubisoft® announced that Assassin’s Creed® Unity - Dead Kings, the downloadable campaign that continues Arno’s story after the events of Assassin’s Creed® Unity, will be available for free to all purchasers of Assassin’s Creed Unity for the Xbox One games and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC on January 13, and on the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system on January 14 2015.

To be fair to the OP, I did a Google search, and every other site I checked, including IGN, has the 13th listed as the one and only release date for all platforms. So he is not entirely off-base.

Mr_Shade
01-13-2015, 06:41 PM
Unfortunately - Ubisoft isn't responsible for misprints on news sites - however I can confirm the PS4 release date is on the 14th - when the PSN store normally updates.

As per the official announcement.

LegendaryNoCon
01-13-2015, 08:24 PM
I'm with OP on this one. Literally everywhere BUT that one particular forum post says January 13th for all platforms, INCLUDING the official Ubisoft page for it here http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/news/152-190382-16/acu-dead-kings-dlc-available-free-next-week?utm_campaign=dm_6Jan2015_acu_deadkingsCG&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=facebook&utm_content=trailer_cgi&utm_term=

Which let's face it, more people check Ubi's Facebook and Twitter and all that than they do their forums for announcements, which all link to the one I just posted. Ubi may not be to blame for the release date being the 14th, but they ARE to blame for posting everywhere but that forum post that it's being released the 13th for all platforms, and that news spread to every other gaming site and THEY all said it was the 13th on all platforms. So everyone stop acting like they're blameless. Because they're not.

EDIT: It's out now on the US Store, you just have to find it in the most inconvenient way possible.