PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts for developers of future AC games (repost if you agree please!!!)

ShaneAnnigan
01-13-2015, 03:42 AM
Hello Ubisoft!
I thought it would be worthwhile for me, a lifelong Assassin's Creed fan, to post my thoughts regarding the franchise and my likes and dislikes. I feel like most people might agree with me in that it might help to make the best game for your time and effort:

Please do not rush these games! Putting out one or two titles per year will probably hurt the fanchise more than help you. Take some time to develop a quality storyline (like Ezio) and quality missions that are memorable and exciting
Provide more scenic variation! The wilderness of AC3 combined with the sprawling cityscapes similar to Venice or France would make for a welcomed change of scenery every once in a while. Hunting and trading should also still be a prevalent feature since both were very much relied on during the time periods you use in the games.
Less is more when it comes to parkour. One thing I noticed in Unity was that in any given position, there were ten different things Arno could possible climb on. This created a very frustrating and cumbersome experience when it came to climbing around his surroundings, especially when the need to excape the guards arose. As players, we should not be fighting with the game to tell our character where and on what we want him to climb.
Combat should be more fluid. Being able to switch between weapons was such a wonderful option to have. By this, I mean switching weapons amidst combat, including the hidden blade. Some people will argue, "Oh, it's not realistic to be able to deflect a heavy axe with a small hidden blade". Yes, well neither is being able to land unharmed in a haycart from a hundred feet in the air. Please do not limit our weapon choices while in combat.
The concept of hiding in cover is spectacular. What's not spectacular is fighting with the game as to whether or not we wish to leave cover. Please make the cover system a little more fluid.
I believe Eagle Vision should not be a timed feature. It should absolutely be up to the player as to how long Eagle Vision is in effect! It is so frustrating having to constantly re-engage Eagle Vision after just a few seconds.
Please put much less emphasis on social media. Personally, having to sign up for three or four different programs to experience 100% of the game is annoying, especially when the software doesn't work very well. Some people wish to just play the game, unencumbered by social media. If you must have it, save it for multiplayer modes. Otherwise, some of us, just don't care.
Work on some of the parkour dynamics. Being able to jump to a rooftop 50 feet away just feels weird, like the character suddenly gained super jumping strength?

These are just what comes to the top of my head. Fellow players, if you agree with these, please repost them! I love this series and I would hate to see it die because of shoddy planning and design. Cheers!

RuNfAtBoYrUn740
01-13-2015, 04:06 AM
- Agreed
- Agreed
- Disagree
- Agreed
- Agreed
- Neutral
- Absolutely agree
- Neutral.

auditorevita
01-13-2015, 10:18 AM
Hello Ubisoft!
I thought it would be worthwhile for me, a lifelong Assassin's Creed fan, to post my thoughts regarding the franchise and my likes and dislikes. I feel like most people might agree with me in that it might help to make the best game for your time and effort:

Please do not rush these games! Putting out one or two titles per year will probably hurt the fanchise more than help you. Take some time to develop a quality storyline (like Ezio) and quality missions that are memorable and exciting
Provide more scenic variation! The wilderness of AC3 combined with the sprawling cityscapes similar to Venice or France would make for a welcomed change of scenery every once in a while. Hunting and trading should also still be a prevalent feature since both were very much relied on during the time periods you use in the games.
Less is more when it comes to parkour. One thing I noticed in Unity was that in any given position, there were ten different things Arno could possible climb on. This created a very frustrating and cumbersome experience when it came to climbing around his surroundings, especially when the need to excape the guards arose. As players, we should not be fighting with the game to tell our character where and on what we want him to climb.
Combat should be more fluid. Being able to switch between weapons was such a wonderful option to have. By this, I mean switching weapons amidst combat, including the hidden blade. Some people will argue, "Oh, it's not realistic to be able to deflect a heavy axe with a small hidden blade". Yes, well neither is being able to land unharmed in a haycart from a hundred feet in the air. Please do not limit our weapon choices while in combat.
The concept of hiding in cover is spectacular. What's not spectacular is fighting with the game as to whether or not we wish to leave cover. Please make the cover system a little more fluid.
I believe Eagle Vision should not be a timed feature. It should absolutely be up to the player as to how long Eagle Vision is in effect! It is so frustrating having to constantly re-engage Eagle Vision after just a few seconds.
Please put much less emphasis on social media. Personally, having to sign up for three or four different programs to experience 100% of the game is annoying, especially when the software doesn't work very well. Some people wish to just play the game, unencumbered by social media. If you must have it, save it for multiplayer modes. Otherwise, some of us, just don't care.
Work on some of the parkour dynamics. Being able to jump to a rooftop 50 feet away just feels weird, like the character suddenly gained super jumping strength?

These are just what comes to the top of my head. Fellow players, if you agree with these, please repost them! I love this series and I would hate to see it die because of shoddy planning and design. Cheers!

I agree with you.