PDA

View Full Version : PC restart

ilizium_1
01-11-2015, 01:29 PM
Unity is restarting my pc on launch. I got this game after purchasing a 970 and i see that was a mistake since i cant play it, I get to 'your game will save automatically' i see the cursor and my pc restarts. I have verified the files.

Lignjoslav
01-11-2015, 02:33 PM
The game shouldn't be able to crash your entire Windows. If you've been playing with overclocking or undervolting your CPU, look there for possible causes. I had to bump the VCORE by 0.025V on my i7-4790K (it's now working at 4.4GHz and 1.075V, but that's different for each particular piece of silicon).

YazX_
01-11-2015, 02:52 PM
The game shouldn't be able to crash your entire Windows. If you've been playing with overclocking or undervolting your CPU, look there for possible causes. I had to bump the VCORE by 0.025V on my i7-4790K (it's now working at 4.4GHz and 1.075V, but that's different for each particular piece of silicon).

Yes, the game cannot cause PC restart nor shutdown unless if its caused by low level IO such as bad drivers or hardware, so the issue is definitely not the game rather than hardware/drivers, reset your bios settings to defaults, and clean install Nvidia Drivers and you should be fine, otherwise, you either got bad video card or its something else, post back so we can help you further.

ilizium_1
01-11-2015, 05:29 PM
Yes, the game cannot cause PC restart nor shutdown unless if its caused by low level IO such as bad drivers or hardware, so the issue is definitely not the game rather than hardware/drivers, reset your bios settings to defaults, and clean install Nvidia Drivers and you should be fine, otherwise, you either got bad video card or its something else, post back so we can help you further.

i have tried all this, including a windows re-install. I dont believe it is the hardware issue since it doesnt occur with any other game and always occurs at the exact same spot (mouse appears for 1 second). Maybe newer drivers will help when they are out. This is the card i have http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-006-GX&groupid=701&catid=1914&subcat=1010

I havent overclocked (exept card which comes like that from stock)

jeffies04
01-11-2015, 06:53 PM
What size power supply do you have?

ilizium_1
01-11-2015, 07:39 PM
What size power supply do you have?

my psu is 700w which is quite alot. I dont believe its the issue. Overheating is also not the problem as the gpu is ~65C at max load and cpu also hasnt gone above 60C from what i have seen.

strigoi1958
01-12-2015, 05:04 AM

This is probably the best solution... even a factory overclocked card may need an increase.

And I assume you have run a full antivirus, malwarebytes antimalware and Ccleaner just to make sure nothing in the background is causing problems.

YazX_
01-12-2015, 11:07 AM
if i were you, i would start testing my hardware:

1. Memory using memtest86+ , download it and let it create a bootable usb drive and then let it run for at least 3 passes, need around 1 hour and see if there are any errors.
2. CPU test, use Prime95 or AIDA64, let it run for at least 12 hours, keep monitoring temps and see if there are any errors.
3. Video Card test, personally i used MSI kombustor , but there are plenty of other tools, choose the one you prefer and test your video card and check if there are any artifacts or errors.

Anykeyer
01-12-2015, 12:40 PM
Linx with AVX enabled is the best stress test for the latest Intel CPUs. If it does 10 passes w/o a single error then it can be considered rock solid.

danielvsa
01-12-2015, 04:53 PM
The game was freezing my PC and, sometimes, appears a blue screen of death. I tested my hardware (memory, CPU and GPU) and I didn't find any problems. Probably was a driver conflict on Windows. I started with the essential drivers and services, and I had no problems. After that, I did a fresh Windows install and the problem disappeared.

I was using Windows 7 SP1 and now Windows 8.1.

ilizium_1
01-12-2015, 07:37 PM
if i were you, i would start testing my hardware:

1. Memory using memtest86+ , download it and let it create a bootable usb drive and then let it run for at least 3 passes, need around 1 hour and see if there are any errors.
2. CPU test, use Prime95 or AIDA64, let it run for at least 12 hours, keep monitoring temps and see if there are any errors.
3. Video Card test, personally i used MSI kombustor , but there are plenty of other tools, choose the one you prefer and test your video card and check if there are any artifacts or errors.

thank you i will try this out

-Ok so i ran memtest86, no errors occured.
-I ran Kombustor stress test and no errors occured, max temp peaked at 65C.
-I ran Linx, 10 runs and cpu temperatures went higher than i have noticed before and peaked at 70C, however no errors occured.

I also updated my bios. Still i am restarting right after 'your game saves when icon appears' and mouse appears.
:P

YazX_
01-12-2015, 10:25 PM
thank you i will try this out

-Ok so i ran memtest86, no errors occured.
-I ran Kombustor stress test and no errors occured, max temp peaked at 65C.
-I ran Linx, 10 runs and cpu temperatures went higher than i have noticed before and peaked at 70C, however no errors occured.

I also updated my bios. Still i am crashing right after 'your game saves when icon appears' and mouse appears.
:P

so now its crashing rather restarting PC?

ilizium_1
01-12-2015, 10:33 PM
so now its crashing rather restarting PC?

No its still a restart sorry.