PDA

View Full Version : Sages and stuff (maybe spoilers)

iancreed
01-11-2015, 07:24 AM
Sup mane? so I've been like wondering if Desmond-Connor-Altair-Ezio are Sages here are some reasons:
-All of these had contact withthe First Civ. (direct or indirect)
-They all look the same why's that?
-Somehow theyre all Assassins like for example John Standish
And another thing I wanted to get clear and maybe yall can help me
Are sages persons themselves or theyre Aita? Françouis Germain was a Templar and John Standish an Assassin Why's that?

VestigialLlama4
01-11-2015, 08:11 AM
Sup mane? so I've been like wondering if Desmond-Connor-Altair-Ezio are Sages here are some reasons:
-All of these had contact withthe First Civ. (direct or indirect)
-They all look the same why's that?

That's because they are ancestors of Desmond...but even then there are a lot of differences between them. Especially when compared to Desmond's model in III and the models in Revelation. And Connor looks totally different.

No they aren't sages. Sages are genetic replicas/reincarnations of the First-Civilization being Aita, whose consciousness was scattered across human DNA, because magic (I think AC would feel lot more rational if they said it was magic than create all this bonkers pseudo-science).

-Somehow theyre all Assassins like for example John Standish

No he wasn't an Assassin. He was another agent who infiltrated their network and who the Assassins believed was a nobody. They saw him as a freelance hacker and hired him and had no idea who he was until he got caught.

And another thing I wanted to get clear and maybe yall can help me
Are sages persons themselves or theyre Aita?

Darby McDevitt clarified this in the Q&A. The Sages are both their own person and they are Aita. Basically every Sage has a human side and an Aita side and as time goes on, their personality starts to blur and go nuts. In BLACK FLAG, we have collectible letters written by a fellow called Thom Kavanagh who was an earlier Sage and in that he wrote of his experiences, that guy was decent and normal for the most part. But then Bartholomew Roberts and John Standish seem to have been completely absorbed the other personality.

McDevitt said that there was more to it than that, and hopefully he'll resolve it later.

Françouis Germain was a Templar and John Standish an Assassin Why's that?

Well the thing is Germain was a Heretic Templar. The Original Templars saw him as a psycho and bad news and kicked him out, so he created his own band of crazy Templars in his place. And John Standish wasn't an Assassin, he was an independent Agent hired by the Assassins without doing a full background check on the guy.