PDA

View Full Version : Am I only one the like Unity better then Rogue?

SaintHedgehog
01-11-2015, 01:26 AM
Am I? Unity has actually side missions, tougher combat system, co-op missions while Rogue is water down mixture of III and IV.

Altair1789
01-11-2015, 02:19 AM
In terms of story, I like Rogue, but in terms of gameplay they both have different things to offer. It's hard to compare a half-naval half-land game to a full-land-and-one-river game

bitebug2003
01-11-2015, 02:23 AM
Definitely prefer AC:Rogue's and AC:IV's gameplay (similar) to AC:Unity

Fatal-Feit
01-11-2015, 07:02 AM
No, I love Unity more.

Maybe I was too hyped for Rogue's story and thought Unity's would would suck, but the developers/writers proved me wrong.

wvstolzing
01-11-2015, 10:21 AM
I only watched through Rogue on YT, but I also prefer Unity, in pretty much every way.

RuNfAtBoYrUn740
01-11-2015, 11:05 AM
Absolutely not.

I thought Unity was great. I can count the issues I had with the game on one hand. There are so many things about the game that I have been wanting for so, so long. Lots of steps forward for AC in general. Also a lot of charm to the game. I enjoy watching the plays in the Cafe Theatre, watching the sunset on the balcony (you get an achievement/trophy for that btw!) and listening to conversations between the butler and the funds manager in the Cafe Theatre.

Rogue was painfully mediocre for me. No meaningful innovation at all in my opinion. Also had a lot of problems that aren't in any other AC, such as outright terrible voice acting and a bland soundtrack.

aL_____eX
01-11-2015, 11:27 AM
Unity introduced some new gameplay mechanics and is kind of a PONR. Playing Rogue now, it just feels weird. I can't say which one I like more since I haven't finished Rogue yet, but Unity definitely is a milestone in AC history and I personally liked many things it came up with.

The story in Unity was very disappointing though. I hope that changes again with Victory. We need something meaningful again...

ze_topazio
01-11-2015, 01:39 PM
Am I? Unity has actually side missions, tougher combat system, co-op missions while Rogue is water down mixture of III and IV.

So does Rogue.

Namikaze_17
01-11-2015, 02:00 PM
Rogue is decent really. In terms of gameplay & story. ( And a tad bit overrated by some ^__^)

But even then, I still think it's miles ahead of Unity in terms of the Story & Protagonist.

However, Unity definitely wins in the gameplay aspect. ( Flawed as it is)