PDA

View Full Version : climbing

jeboteacu
01-10-2015, 01:36 PM
Jesus [Removed] Christ! Assassin's Creed Unitiy has to be one of the most idiotic games ever produced! HOW THE [Removed] DO I CLIMB A WALL?!? Or anything else for that matter? Except crap that is on my way when I run around.. Stupid climbs THAT! And then has an extremely hard time getting down!! I mean seriously, what the hell were you guys thinking when coding this game?!?

I just managed to climb a wall (that can be climbed! - seen it on youtube - I actually had to go watch the video to see if it's even possible), then thought, ok, obviously it can be done, so I jumped down to try and do it again.. well, you guessed it, I can not get Stupid to climb it again no matter what I do! I've tried at least 30 times in a row!! So.. am I doing something wrong? Move forward (W), while holding space and when I aproach the wall, press shift.. Right? If I position myself against the wall and just hold space + shift (as the game says).. nothing! If I do the same while holding forward as well, nothing either.. SO DAMN STUPID!!

jeboteacu
01-10-2015, 01:44 PM
Ok, apparently my left shift isn't good enough for this game.. lol It only works about 2% of the time. The right shift is ok! WTF?!? And, no, my keyboard is ok, when I press left shift alone, Stupid goes into cover every time. Well, whatever..

Lignjoslav
01-10-2015, 02:04 PM
If I position myself against the wall and just hold space + shift (as the game says).. nothing!That's by design, to prevent us from accidentally climbing places we don't want (I'm not kidding, that's the official explanation). You have to press "freerun up" before you slam into a wall to get Stupid (aka Arno) to climb it.

BTW, if he goes into cover, make sure you're pressing the right button (I was making that mistake) and check your keyboard mapping. I don't remember him getting into cover unless I pressed the "cover" button.

P. S. Dobar ti nick. ;)

jeboteacu
01-10-2015, 03:53 PM
Wow, really? So that means I actually have to let go of my mouse and press right shift with my right hand to jump?! Well, another option would be doing it with my nose.. Or maybe I'll get really inovative and devise a wooden contraption that I'll strap to my left hand to be able to reach it.. now that could work! Well, I ended up switching ctrl and left shift, the damn thing does seem to be working for now.

Thanks for your reply Lignjoslav and btw: i tvoj nick nije loš! :)

Lignjoslav
01-10-2015, 04:04 PM
Thank god that we can re-map the controls. :) I've got extra buttons on the side of my mouse, so I assigned "freerun up" and "freerun down" to them, so that I don't have to do too many things with my left hand (only WASD, cover, crouch, drop bomb, shoot, use ability, eagle vision, weapon selection... :D).

YazX_
01-10-2015, 04:24 PM
The best controls layout is the original one since AC1 till ACR, where RightClick is for high profile/Run/Climb, so it will be much more easier if you mapped this way.

Lignjoslav
01-10-2015, 04:51 PM
Yup, I've been using the same setup since AC1:

attack - mouse 1
high profile - mouse 2
hand (tackle, use and now freerun down) - mouse 5
feet (dodge, previously sprint, now freerun up) - mouse 4
movement - WASD
head (eagle vision) - E

AC U adds a few more buttons to the mix, though.