PDA

View Full Version : Companion artefacts/rifts

AntiChrist7
01-09-2015, 01:23 PM
So I finally unlocked everytihng in the companion app, and I'm now clearing up the artefacts you need to find in the rifts. Are they in all the rifts, or jsut specific ones? Also, how exactly is their spawn organized? I went into a rift and went for an artefact, but it was already taken, I guess from a previous time. Is it just a lottery which artefact spawns?

YazX_
01-09-2015, 03:17 PM
Yes, artifacts spawn are completely random and they are located in all rifts, once you unlock an artifact in the companion app, it will tell you on which rift, i havent started to hunt them down yet since i wanted to complete all mission in the companion app to collect them once same as you do.

AntiChrist7
01-09-2015, 08:03 PM
Unfortunatly I firstly unlocked all the artefacts, and so I dont remember which rifts it said specificly

monsimons
01-09-2015, 08:47 PM
@YazX_ How do you see which artifact is in which rift? On the reward description it says: "Artifact collection revealed in Helix Rifts in Assassin's Creed Unity: Collect it to earn: Tailored Phantom Hood."

TH3R4BB1T
01-09-2015, 10:16 PM
The spawning it really random, and they are in all the rifts. 4x2 in Belle, 3x3 in Occupied, and 4x2 in Quarry. If I remember right. You are lucky if they all spawn at together, but mostly it is just one.

YazX_
01-09-2015, 11:08 PM
Unfortunatly I firstly unlocked all the artefacts, and so I dont remember which rifts it said specificly

@YazX_ How do you see which artifact is in which rift? On the reward description it says: "Artifact collection revealed in Helix Rifts in Assassin's Creed Unity: Collect it to earn: Tailored Phantom Hood."

I remember when its first unlocked in companion app (when you finish an artifact mission) it will state in which rift, but later if you click on that mission, it doesnt specify where, i couldnt find any way to access that same info again, anyway, i need around 3-4 days to finish all missions in companion (36 hours missions :S) and start hunting the artifacts down, i will record every one for reference and repost here.

Aenigmatix
01-09-2015, 11:52 PM
I remember when its first unlocked in companion app (when you finish an artifact mission) it will state in which rift, but later if you click on that mission, it doesnt specify where, i couldnt find any way to access that same info again, anyway, i need around 3-4 days to finish all missions in companion (36 hours missions :S) and start hunting the artifacts down, i will record every one for reference and repost here.

YazX is right.

You have to pay close attention when you open the app and it first tells you that you've unlocked the artifact. It will tell you in which rift the artifact was unlocked.

However, the second you close out of that window, there's no way to go back and find out which rifts have your artifacts.

It's incredibly frustrating because if you miss the first message, it's a guessing game: which rift has the artifacts I just unlocked? And it's the worst guessing game imaginable, because every time you enter the rift, it randomly spawns only one artifact, which may be an artifact you've already collected. So you're relegated to having to restart the rift time after time after time until you find it, or you're satisfied that the artifact isn't in that rift, or you just wanna give up.

At this point, to avoid the frustration, I'm waiting until all the artifacts from the companion app have been unlocked, and then I will enter the rifts and search. It's better than the alternative of playing the guessing game.

Lignjoslav
01-10-2015, 12:47 AM
... And it's the worst guessing game imaginable, because every time you enter the rift, it randomly spawns only one artifact, which may be an artifact you've already collected. ...Thanks a bunch for explaining that, mate, I was really wondering. Message for the devs: Not cool!

EDIT: Are you sure about the "which may be an artifact you've already collected" part? I've been playing Belle Epoque Tornado a bit and I've collected two of the artifacts (I was unable to find others). On subsequent attempts, I've never seen one of them respawn. Instead, their locations held the "ghost image" of the artifact that was there, same as for the taken artifacts in the main game.

On a different note, don't be upset that you haven't written down the artifact locations, because I made screenshots and it comes down to:

Belle Epoque: 3 in each rift (6 total)
Occupied Paris: 2 in each rift (6 total)
Medieval: 3 in each rift (6 total)

Here's the fun part: that's probably not correct! If you look at the progress tracker, you'll see (if I remember correctly):

Belle Epoque: 8 total
Occupied Paris: 9 total
Medieval: 7 total

If you get stuck, you can find the locations on Youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmocG1kZVuE). I haven't used that form of help yet, but I likely will. They spawn randomly and we don't know how many artifacts are there in each rift (there are 7 in 2 Medieval ones, so I'm guessing 4 in one and 3 in the other, but which?!), plus, to make things more interesting, I've picked up an artifact in both Medieval and Occupied, but I don't know in which rifts exactly, so I won't know when I've collected all of the artifacts from a particular rift.

YazX_
01-10-2015, 10:33 AM
i found this which is very helpful (scroll down to check locations):

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/992085-Read-this-before-collecting-any-Rift-artifacts-especially-those-for-Altair-s-outfit

AntiChrist7
01-10-2015, 12:18 PM
Well I already started gathering them, so backing up a save is out. I tried middle ages battlefield, there it was already collected, and then I tried the first Belle Epoque rift 3 times, but couldnt find anythin (not even a sign of it already being collected)

Lignjoslav
01-10-2015, 12:48 PM
Thanks for that, YazX_. All I can say is "Oh, my..." At least that explains the discrepancy in numbers and why I was getting "You need an Initiates profile to collect this artifact". On a side note, when can we expect Initiates to come back online?!