PDA

View Full Version : I just got IL2 Sturmovik 1946, what mods and patches are necessary for any player?

guest-LjuSaDP5
01-08-2015, 09:31 AM
I just got the game and I have no idea where to start with patches and mods. Any help would be appreciated!

Tully__
01-08-2015, 11:23 AM
Complete patch guide with download links (you may need to register at that site to download) http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Knowledge_Base&op=show&kid=584
Mods: We don't allow direct links to mods here as they're not officially sanctioned, but google "IL2 HSFX" and "IL2 Ultrapack" to get information on the two most popular "complete" mod packs.

Note that some mods only work with particular versions of the game, so be careful to read the mod sites before applying all the patches.
Also, if you plan to play multiplayer you need to decide which servers you want to play on as you'll need to be using a version compatible with what the server is using.

It is easy to have multiple installs with different versions, just make a copy of the install folder and patch the copy. You'll need seperate shortcut icons for each version though.
There's also a version/mod selection tool that comes in one of the mod packs, it's called Generic Mod Enabler and the file is JSGME.exe. When used correctly, that tool allows you to easily select a variety of mods and effect packs to match the requirements of several of the popular servers.