PDA

View Full Version : Patches are over-rated

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 12:38 AM
Please, may I ask this question? Why are you going to churn out patches if the complete response you get is negative?

-------------------------------------
Sigs are over rated. Screw them. Screw them all.

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 12:38 AM
Please, may I ask this question? Why are you going to churn out patches if the complete response you get is negative?

-------------------------------------
Sigs are over rated. Screw them. Screw them all.

XyZspineZyX
09-29-2003, 04:47 PM
Interesting question (maybe) but surely better asked in general discussion?

I don't think that ALL reaction is negative. Don't forget that this is the "Ready Room" and was envisaged initially to be a feedback forum to discuss new ideas and improvements to the sim. If the posts can at times seem overly negative I feel this is partly what this Forum is about.

Posts praising the dev team and saying what a great sim this is don't really have a place here - general discussion is for those types of post.

No offense meant, just my 2 euros /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

S!

JG5_UnKle

"Know and use all the capabilities of your airplane. If you don't sooner or later, somebody who does, will kick your ***"

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/victoria.stevens/jg5_logo.jpg

XyZspineZyX
09-29-2003, 05:16 PM
JG5_UnKle wrote:

- I don't think that ALL reaction is negative. Don't
- forget that this is the "Ready Room" and was
- envisaged initially to be a feedback forum to
- discuss new ideas and improvements to the sim. If
- the posts can at times seem overly negative I feel
- this is partly what this Forum is about.

Maybe but IF I was a potential new consumer of this sim and I had read before hand all the whining about the latest patch, I wouldn't buy this game at all.

Critical opinion is good to a certain point(and the point is reach when the personal attacks have a detrimental effect to FB, its creator and these forums) but without new consumers this product(FB) as all others has no future.

<center>Qui vainc sans risque triomphe sans gloire.</center>
<center>http://www.raf.mod.uk/history/images/tempestv_t.jpg </center>

XyZspineZyX
09-29-2003, 05:33 PM
Yes but if you just fix the problems then....problems????what problems????

XyZspineZyX
09-29-2003, 05:43 PM
is there a whining patch out yet?

*sighs*

face it peoples, the game will never be PERFECT cuz there will always be a whiner somewhere telling that the rollrate of THIS plane is wrong, the climbrate of THAT plane is wrong....the DM of that bomber is overated...

Darn, quit whining for a bit, go and PRACTISE!

XyZspineZyX
09-29-2003, 05:53 PM
He he he Wolfstriked /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Well if I was a potential customer reading these forums then maybe I would come to a few conclusions of my own and on my own......

A. The forum is full of asshats who wouldn't know a flight model if it sprouted wings and BnZ'ed them.

B. The mods don't clean out the crap often enough (sorry guys /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif ) and this gives the forum a bad reputation.

C. The sim is so good that we have reached a stage where we can discuss FM abilities on a home PC and compare them to historical data /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif Wow!

D. The Dev team actually opened a forum to ASK customers what they felt would improve the realism and longevity of the sim /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif This is pretty cool.

It surely depends on how you look at it? Is the glass half-full or half-empty?

Maybe the glass is too big eh? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Eye candy sold FB above and beyond any other single factor IMHO - people saw it and though WOW! Then it was Woot!? no spitfire /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif Personally I think if they had waited and put a Mustang and maybe a Jug on the front of FB it would have sold by the bucket load - big U.S market. Loads of aircraft, scalable difficulty etc etc All good features - but the wow factor was the visuals - and no-one can argue about the visuals in FB. That's why it attracted a whole new group of people from FPS gamers to Veteran simmers alike.

JG5_UnKle

"Know and use all the capabilities of your airplane. If you don't sooner or later, somebody who does, will kick your ***"

Message Edited on 09/29/0306:01PM by JG5_UnKle

XyZspineZyX
09-29-2003, 05:55 PM
No Text

Message Edited on 09/29/0306:35PM by JG5_UnKle

XyZspineZyX
09-29-2003, 06:00 PM
Is there a Whiner-Whiner patch yet........... /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Think carefully, a whiner is :

To utter a plaintive, high-pitched, protracted sound, as in pain, fear, supplication, or complaint.
To complain or protest in a childish fashion.
To produce a sustained noise of relatively high pitch: jet engines whining.

Discussing a Flight Model and comparing it to historical data is not whining. It might not be everyone's idea of fun but if you don't want to listen or contribute then don't click the link. Your choice /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

JG5_UnKle

XyZspineZyX
09-29-2003, 07:09 PM
JG5_UnKle wrote:
- C. The sim is so good that we have reached a stage
- where we can discuss FM abilities on a home PC and
- compare them to historical data

- D. The Dev team actually opened a forum to ASK
- customers what they felt would improve the realism
- and longevity of the sim

IMO, one mistake from Oleg and the Dev team is to have let customers to comment so much about FM.

With all those contradictory opinions about FM where the truth lies?

In the hands of the "so-called" expert-historians of each particular aircraft or Oleg and his Dev team?

In the long run, I prefer to trust the latters.

<center>Qui vainc sans risque triomphe sans gloire.</center>
<center>http://www.raf.mod.uk/history/images/tempestv_t.jpg </center>

Message Edited on 09/29/0302:14PM by eiffel68

XyZspineZyX
09-29-2003, 07:26 PM
Maybe, but I think it was a bold move and showed great promise. It is perhaps a shame that it has worked out this way - BUT it can get better. I am pretty sure it will.

JG5_UnKle