PDA

View Full Version : need help with nostradamus enigmas

kuby123
01-08-2015, 12:50 AM
Hi, I'm in the basement caverns below my home base cafe. Also has a side entrance by the riverbank. I have to solve these nostradamus riddles to put 4 fragments of a medallion back together in order to get some armor thats in a cage. I'm completely lost. It says first oriddle is right behind me. OK. I read it and then use eagle vision in next room on wall. Whats next? I cant solve these riddles like this. Can somebody explain to me what to do? There are these scrolls all over paris but each time i click on a new one it asks do I want to start a new riddle and forget the previous one? Color me Lost in Paris. please help

SearStingray157
01-08-2015, 01:25 AM
I think most of us have problems with the enigmas.
In this link I got help to one of the enigmas, and realized that there actually is some kind of logic to the madness - although it is really hard
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/971637-Need-pointer-Nostradamus-Aries-possible-spoiler

Later I found this link which I really like. He clearly explains how he solved the riddles, and many times you just need a small hint link 'this line in the riddle points to a statue at some location', and then you can take it from there.
http://www.gosunoob.com/assassins-creed-unity/

For the first riddle, I simply looked at IGN for the solution, it was not until later I kind of got into trying to solve them.

turtledisc
01-08-2015, 03:04 PM
There are 18 Engimas, consisting of either 3 or 4 symbols. Each symbol has a riddle associated with it that points you to the location of the next symbol in that Enigma. Each symbol can only be found using Eagle Vision and most are either on the side or top of various buildings around Paris. As you progress through collecting the Engigmas, you'll be told you've unlocked a Fragment which lets you access one of 3 puzzles to get to a lever and thus unlock one layer of protection around the armour (which is a special outfit only and doesn't provide any health bonuses etc).

The one you're starting with is Mercurius and should have the riddle:

The lady of the domicile
Judges comings and goings
From her couch-like throne
At the top of the stair

So looking at that riddle, it would indicate that you should try:

Looking at a painting upstairs in Cafe Theatre

Even more of a spoiler:

1st floor of Cafe Theatre (i.e go upstairs from basement then upstairs again), at the top of the second set of stairs head to the painting of a lady to the right, between a statue and a window

When you interact with that symbol, you'll get another riddle that will point you towards where the 3rd and final symbol is. When you've interacted with that symbol, you will have completed the Engima and be on your way to unlocking the armour (only another 17 Enigmas to go!)

You do get a pop-up message that appears when you get close to an Engima symbol without Eagle vision on so that can help sometimes.

Plus there are loads of guides available online if you get really stuck.