PDA

View Full Version : Will there be a patch 1.5?

BMT22033
01-07-2015, 08:21 PM
I (foolishly, in retrospect) pre-ordered the game and the season pass. I uninstalled shortly after launch when it became clear that the game was a complete mess. Over the holidays, I re-installed the game along with patch 1.4. Hopefully the patches that have been released have improved things for some people but I still have texture flickering with SLI and a minor, but noticeable hitching that occurs every 3 - 4 seconds. Ubisoft tech support told me to disable SLI and then closed my support ticket! :mad: Given all the Nvidia features in the game, you'd think that SLI would be properly supported. I just hope Ubisoft is still planning to fix these issues and not just abandon the game because it didn't sell like they expected it to. Has anyone heard anything about future updates (other than the recently announced DLC)?

Reytime
01-07-2015, 08:39 PM
I hope they address the stuttering issue :/ I've tried so many things, but the stuttering is never really gone.. Sometimes I'm lucky and it takes an hour to appear, other times 30 minutes or so.

BlackLord049
01-07-2015, 09:00 PM
They need to solve many issues... Until now the "best" version was 1.3.0 but SLI got broken with the last patch. In addition there are still problems affecting the stability of the game.

CHosIN1
01-07-2015, 09:10 PM
I (foolishly, in retrospect) pre-ordered the game and the season pass. I uninstalled shortly after launch when it became clear that the game was a complete mess. Over the holidays, I re-installed the game along with patch 1.4. Hopefully the patches that have been released have improved things for some people but I still have texture flickering with SLI and a minor, but noticeable hitching that occurs every 3 - 4 seconds. Ubisoft tech support told me to disable SLI and then closed my support ticket! :mad: Given all the Nvidia features in the game, you'd think that SLI would be properly supported. I just hope Ubisoft is still planning to fix these issues and not just abandon the game because it didn't sell like they expected it to. Has anyone heard anything about future updates (other than the recently announced DLC)?

there are tons of complaints of sli on this game. with my sli enabled im able to play just fine. Until i run skype and play with people in my club. I usaully experiment on doing different configurations with the setting in control panel but not bothering if you search on here article from YazX maybe that will help. If i disable sli im able to play without flickering. If you uninstalled the game. you can try some of the things as mentioned in Yaz's post, Please post your findings, system specs, and if it improved.

wootwoots
01-08-2015, 12:01 AM
SLI is clearly not the only single performance issue left on that game..

So... yeah it definitely need a patch1.5 -_-"

more than 2month after the "release" the game is still broken.. that's... really a performance !

WingedHussar_PL
01-08-2015, 12:57 AM
There must be next patch because most of the time multiplayer missions like "women march", "tournament" and other where you must defend woman or waiting for players are unplayable. Woman stuck on the map or this man don't want to start tournament even when all players are in place.

seville57
01-08-2015, 02:24 PM
SLI is clearly not the only single performance issue left on that game..

So... yeah it definitely need a patch1.5 -_-"

more than 2month after the "release" the game is still broken.. that's... really a performance !Or patch 1.0.0.0.0.0.

Lignjoslav
01-08-2015, 02:47 PM
OP, from experience with previous AC games, further patches will come almost certainly, but don't expect them to change anything major and expect them to be focused on co-op.

If one of your GPUs is sufficient to run the game I recommend you to disable SLI and just play. Not because that's normal, but because, considering that you already own the game and that the game itself is fairly decent (technical issues notwithstanding), you don't gain anything by not playing, quite the contrary, arguably.

Reytime
01-08-2015, 03:56 PM
considering that you already own the game and that the game itself is fairly decent (technical issues notwithstanding), you don't gain anything by not playing, quite the contrary, arguably.

You also don't gain what you're supposed to be wanting out of the game; fun. If the game stutters every 6 seconds or textures are flickering, forcing yourself through the game because of the simple reason that bought it, is just wrong.

You wouldn't watch an entire movie that has stuttering every 6 seconds either.

Lignjoslav
01-08-2015, 04:17 PM
You cut out an important bit when you quoted me: "If one of your GPUs is sufficient to run the game I recommend you to disable SLI and just play." That gets rid of the stuttering. ;)

dargor5
01-08-2015, 04:43 PM
Maybe the next patch will come with dead kings

Reytime
01-08-2015, 04:49 PM
You cut out an important bit when you quoted me: "If one of your GPUs is sufficient to run the game I recommend you to disable SLI and just play." That gets rid of the stuttering. ;)

That's not entirely true tho, hence I didn't quote it. The stuttering applies to both single and SLI configurations. It's varied however, some people have it, some don't. Just like some people can't even start the game. It's not exaggerating when said that ACU is one of the most broken games Ubisoft has ever released.

MisterJedi
01-08-2015, 05:09 PM
I'm running the game with a single 780ti and I have really bad stutter the first minute in, no matter the setting of the game (which I ran 1080p anyway downgraded from 1440p). I tried changing the setting for the ACU.exe from Nvidia control panel and still stuttering. It got so bad I could not play after 5-10 minutes, whether just running around, playing campaigns, or side missions.

I wish I have videos to show this, but I'm sure I'm not the only one. With this said, I agree fully with Reytime. This is the most broken game ubisoft ever released, maybe Victory will top it off.

jeje_71
01-08-2015, 07:34 PM
I wish I have videos to show this, but I'm sure I'm not the only one. With this said, I agree fully with Reytime. This is the most broken game ubisoft ever released, maybe Victory will top it off.

yep. the worrying problem is that the most broken game before that was watch dog, and the one before was AC3 so we can see some sort of tendency in all the latest ubi games. the exception is far cry 4 but since it's mostly far cry 3.5 it's not surprising that an "expansion" game would be much more stable and optimised.

MisterJedi
01-08-2015, 08:02 PM
Well, if you say it like that, unity is kind of an 'expansion' to the assassin creed series anyway. It just happened to be on a new graphic engine that seems to screw everything up. I really am not far enough into the game so I can't really say about the story. Not to hijack the topic thread but maybe some people here who is lucky enough to be able to play through the entire game can tell me whether the story is worth playing (or worth suffering until the end)? I just want to see the story and how they tie it to dead kings.

If the consensus also say the story is bleh, might as well uninstall this game and move on. Call it my last loss from ubisoft.

monsimons
01-08-2015, 08:13 PM
@MisterJedi For me personally the story was seriously underdeveloped. There were many interesting plot threads that could have made it really captivating but they weren't expanded upon and this made the story very shallow. It had a few emotional and/or fun moments and that was it. The French revolution was just background noise, it never created any atmosphere for me. Paris was exceptionally beautiful but it often felt repetitive and soulless. The database entries were informing but not written in that cleverly-funny way as those in AC3 (with a few exceptions), which were my favorite.

The DLC on the other hand looks promising. I have a feeling it will have a better story that will be more Assassin's Creedy but trailers tend to trick. And if it's written similarly to Unity, then I may be disappointed again.

MisterJedi
01-08-2015, 10:12 PM
@Monsimons, in that case I'll just trudge through the main missions without doing most of the side missions. I remember obsessing to collect the orbs in AC2 so I can watch the 10 seconds Eden something clip that ultimately did not explain anything to me. It even made it bearable to go through the game with that stupid always on-line DRM they put in that game (since I mostly got connection interruption). From what I played so far, it seems the way missions are constructed are quite poor and pacing is all over the place, then they try to blind you by putting all these side missions and chests and cockades to collect, and lost focus on the main story.

I agree about the french revolution being a background noise. I personally am not a fan of the setting, but just seeing people protesting around, waving flags (or dolls) on fire doesn't immerse me or give me any information whatsoever about what's going on (nor any pressure to do something). People will still ignore me when I shove them around or kill criminals, and they still slide unbelievably bad when i push them aside.

If dead kings is going to be a straightforward mission to mission, maybe that will somehow make me want to actually play and finish it. So many side missions, so many bugs and glitches, none of the fun to be had it seems.