PDA

View Full Version : 360 controller on PC, mapping suddenly changed

Fjellheimen
01-07-2015, 08:15 PM
So I tried searching on the forums and reading here if I could find another thread on this so apologies if I missed it. However, I'm having a problem when playing Assassins Creed Unity. It has played fine for me for the most part, I'm not more than 6 hours into the game, but this past weekend something stranged happened.

When I logged on, the 360 controller mapping was suddenly weird, the "A" button was now "Cover" and the "B" button did nothing at all. That means I can't run, jump or perform any of the parkour moves at all. Pressing "A" simply throwns me into the nearest cover..

I've looked through the menus and can't find a way to adjust the control scheme, and it's also weird that this suddenly happened, I had played the game fine with that controller until now.

Reytime
01-07-2015, 08:37 PM
A by default is jumping into cover, yeah. However, if you hold the Right Trigger (which makes you freerun) the A button allows you to climb up, while the B button lets you climb down.

Fjellheimen
01-07-2015, 09:02 PM
I'm sitting here just looking at the controller right now. Talk about a massive, massive brainfart.. I was struggling like hell, couldn't jump.. I went through an entire mission by just using cover....

And it's all because for some reason I forgot to use the RT button....?!

You're right, off course, I'm sorry, I have no idea how I ended up with the notion that A was the sprint/free running button! :confused:

Right, that made me feel like an idiot, everyone just carry on, nothing to see here!

Reytime
01-07-2015, 09:28 PM
xD Lol have fun!