PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Unity Dead Kings DLC Cinematic Trailer and release date!

Mr_Shade
01-06-2015, 06:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTum-VS71Dk

London, UK — January 6, 2015 — Today, Ubisoft® announced that Assassin’s Creed® Unity - Dead Kings, the downloadable campaign that continues Arno’s story after the events of Assassin’s Creed® Unity, will be available for free to all purchasers of Assassin’s Creed Unity for the Xbox One games and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC on January 13, and on the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system on January 14 2015.

After the events of Assassin’s Creed Unity, Arno leaves Paris for Saint Denis, a mysterious city that holds the crypts of deceased French kings. Sent on a mission to the extensive underground of the Basilica, Arno will face a faction of new foes, the Raiders, populating its catacombs. Equipped with a lantern and a new powerful weapon, the Guillotine gun, Arno will have to navigate the dangerous passageways to uncover the darkest secrets of the city.

In addition to a fully-fledged main single-player campaign, Assassin’s Creed Unity - Dead Kings also offers new open world activities and side missions, including new Murder Mysteries, enigmas and cooperative missions. Both single-player and cooperative modes enable players to unlock new weapons, gear and outfits that carry over between Assassin’s Creed Unity and Assassin’s Creed Unity - Dead Kings.

SpiritOfNevaeh
01-06-2015, 06:16 PM
Dam, that trailer looks good.

And it's FREE *faints*

I need to hurry up and play Unity then :p

topeira1980
01-06-2015, 06:20 PM
yeay! and the release is pretty close :)

i read somewhere its supposed to be about 8 hours long and have something like an outpost mechanics, like in .... the rest of UBI games?

i hope there will be a lot of side content in that region or at least good replayability since i am one of those who enjoyed almost any content ACU had to offer and... well... just want more of it.

Megas_Doux
01-06-2015, 06:22 PM
TWcB stuff it seems........

GunnerGalactico
01-06-2015, 06:23 PM
Well, now I'm excited for Dead Kings :D

Altair1789
01-06-2015, 06:28 PM
Looks interesting, I might like Arno a lot more after playing this

Also more co op missions, that's great

RinoTheBouncer
01-06-2015, 06:35 PM
I can’t freaking wait. Sorry, I made a duplicate thread haha. Feel free to merge it :)

aL_____eX
01-06-2015, 06:36 PM
I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. :eek:

Never thought it would be released in January.

PS: Looks like there's First Civ in the trailer. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

ze_topazio
01-06-2015, 06:37 PM
A CGI trailer for a DLC, that's unexpected, but always welcomed.

When is the Rogue DLC being announced? :cool:

Matknapers18
01-06-2015, 06:42 PM
Awesome trailer but Im not falling for the hype this time round. Obviously Ill still play it just to see how they conclude Arno's story, but its not like Im counting down the days.

I feel like Ubisoft is just god-tier as far as cinematic trailers are concerned. Like on another level. Id be happy with a movie thats made like this.

P.S. So is Napoleon an antagonist? You can see him supplying the raiders with some coins. That would be pretty awesome if he was.

Pandassin
01-06-2015, 06:43 PM
I can't wait! That was such a cool trailer and wow, Arno has really grew that beard.

RinoTheBouncer
01-06-2015, 06:44 PM
I’m really excited for the first civ. stuff.

aL_____eX
01-06-2015, 06:44 PM
I feel like Ubisoft is just god-tier as far as cinematic trailers are concerned. Like on another level. Id be happy with a movie thats made like this.
Definitely. If there's one thing Ubisoft delivers with perfection, it's CGI trailers/teasers.

Maybe short movie about Shao Jun one day? *puppy eyes* :rolleyes:

And Napoleon being the antagonist - could be interesting, since there is a hint in Unity where it looks like [SPOILER] he finds the apple. So maybe he's obsessed? Arno looks like much more of a real character here. And the destroyed church... Jeez, this could be better than the main game.

rrebe
01-06-2015, 06:45 PM
Beard and 1st civ hype!

https://warosu.org/data/tg/img/0309/73/1395428276237.gif

Trailer looks cool :)

Matknapers18
01-06-2015, 06:47 PM
Definitely. If there's one thing Ubisoft delivers with perfection, it's CGI trailers/teasers.

Maybe short movie about Shao Jun one day? *puppy eyes* :rolleyes:

Yeah that would be awesome! Ubisoft nails these trailers, it would be interesting to see if they could actually incorporate some narrative/story in there instead of just badass action scenes and epic music

HDinHB
01-06-2015, 06:51 PM

And it's FREE *faints*

It's not FREE--everyone who played Unity in November/December paid for it--some more than others. :)

But yeah it looks great...if the game is 1/2 as good as the trailer, I'll be pleased. Thanks for posting, Mr. Shade.

(Humble, I didn't recognize you with your "new" name.)

Megas_Doux
01-06-2015, 06:53 PM
I really hope we can use other weapons aside from that behemoth thing, which I really DONT like.

Bleem7
01-06-2015, 06:54 PM
Woohoo!! That was way quicker than I expected!

I just hope the story won't suck as much.

AC_Luigi
01-06-2015, 06:55 PM
Please fix the weapons bug before the Dlc :/ i cant equip my sword of eden and some weapons i keep buying them each time i want to equip !

wvstolzing
01-06-2015, 06:57 PM
Looks promising; too bad I won't be able to play it before March. :(

First-Civ force fields appear to be popular among the writers nowadays. :D

Here's a little wish: A Raton cameo ... I know it won't come true, but I can still have my wish, right?

harsab
01-06-2015, 07:00 PM
HOLY CRAP

that trailer looks breathtaking. Jesus christ.

Man FINALLY some TWCB stuff this has me sooooooooo hyped. I Feel like Unity on a whole could of been like dead kings. Dark & Mysterious.

RinoTheBouncer
01-06-2015, 07:13 PM
First Civ. FTW!

Reptilis91
01-06-2015, 07:14 PM
I feel like Ubisoft is just god-tier as far as cinematic trailers are concerned. Like on another level. Id be happy with a movie thats made like this..

You should be thanking Digic Pictures. They are doing the CGI trailers.

harsab
01-06-2015, 07:16 PM
First Civ. FTW!

F*** Yeah!!!!

wickywoowoo
01-06-2015, 07:20 PM
Literally just started Unity last night so not watching this for fear of spoilers but I have read there is modern day stuff hinted. This is what Ubisoft should look at. DLC primarily featuring that so it is optional for those who want it and those who do not. Makes sense. That or packing side missions with it also.

Altair1789
Awesome trailer but Im not falling for the hype this time round. Obviously Ill still play it just to see how they conclude Arno's story, but its not like Im counting down the days.

P.S. So is Napoleon an antagonist? You can see him supplying the raiders with some coins. That would be pretty awesome if he was.

That's an interesting point about Napoleon. You can get his outfit as part of the Dead Kings DLC too, so you may be right

First Civ. FTW!

Agreed, looks interesting :D

Matknapers18
You should be thanking Digic Pictures. They are doing the CGI trailers.

Thanks Digic pictures <333 ly guys x

ze_topazio
01-06-2015, 07:33 PM

Napoleon as Emperor did things that go against what the Assassins believe in, he is bound to, at some point, stop being an ally at least.

Megas_Doux
01-06-2015, 07:34 PM
First Civ. FTW!

There is indeed.

I´m looking forward to see how Unity´s ending will tie with this.

dimbismp
01-06-2015, 07:34 PM
That's an interesting point about Napoleon. You can get his outfit as part of the Dead Kings DLC too, so you may be right

Too bad we cannot kill him....
Anyway,i hope that ACU:DK will have the story that ACU should have.

Also,someone mentioned 8 hours.LOL
The main game was like 13-15 hours,so i guess the real lenght of DK must be around 3-4.

RA503
01-06-2015, 07:35 PM
I wonder if bishop will contact us again like she said in the end of unity.

SixKeys
01-06-2015, 07:36 PM
Cool trailer, but why do I have the nagging feeling this DLC is pulling the same thing as The Lost Archive? Aka having a disappointing modern day in the main game and leaving the actual revelations for the DLC? At least this time it's free (sort of), but if it's the same practice then that's just despicable. Both games had the same creative director, too...

Namikaze_17
01-06-2015, 07:36 PM
Damn, just by hearing and looking at Arno I feel sorry for him.
---

The trailer was good.

Good to know there's something first-civ related going on. ^__^

m4r-k7
01-06-2015, 07:41 PM
I like everything but the focus on that stupid grenade launcher. We are playing in 18th century France, do not give us grenade launchers, give us new melee weapons such as daggers, throwing knives etc or even a rifle with a bayonet would be better. I am digging everything else. Wont get hyped though, it will probably be the usual infiltrate, kill dudes, and we will see a first civ site for like 5 minutes.

Very glad that it is free!

bitebug2003
01-06-2015, 07:46 PM
Looks very tomb-y :)

dimbismp
01-06-2015, 07:50 PM
I really hope that it will explain if Arno re-entered the brotherhood.Also,i hope that it has a decent story that somehow saves the garbage of ACU.Maybe a Juno reveal at the end?

Arno will confront Napoleon and spare him,like Ezio did witn Rodrigo.You heard it from here first.

aL_____eX
01-06-2015, 07:54 PM
In case someone missed it in my former post. The idea of Napoleon being the antagonist isn't to odd... UNITY SPOILERS AHEAD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCrbHJpRsUU

We all know he had an apple and we all know what those things can do with your mind. So it could be the cause, why he and Arno are no more allies.

Fatal-Feit
01-06-2015, 07:56 PM
Sexy AF trailer! When Arno started running, that got my hype boiling.

I've barely touched the Paris Stories in Unity (200 hours in, yet 91%), but Jan 13 is a good enough incentive for me to finish the game before its DLC is out.

SixKeys
01-06-2015, 07:56 PM
I really hope that it will explain if Arno re-entered the brotherhood.Also,i hope that it has a decent story that somehow saves the garbage of ACU.Maybe a Juno reveal at the end?

Arno will confront Napoleon and spare him,like Ezio did witn Rodrigo.You heard it from here first.

Napoleon had the Apple. Maybe he kills Arno with it or uses it to escape.

I hope there's nothing about Juno. I just want them to drop that silly plot already and pretend it never happened.

Ureh
01-06-2015, 07:58 PM
That's awesome dude.... darn that is super duper awesome....

wvstolzing
01-06-2015, 07:58 PM
In case someone missed it in my former post. The idea of Napoleon being the antagonist isn't to odd... UNITY SPOILERS AHEAD

... or it could just be that everything 1st-Civ related is now effectively an 'easter egg', including the force field zap in today's trailer that got everyone instantly hyped. I look forward to what role Napoleon might play in Dead Kings; but I'm really not expecting much in terms of 1st Civ artefacts.

Fatal-Feit
01-06-2015, 07:59 PM
I hope there's nothing about Juno. I just want them to drop that silly plot already and pretend it never happened.

You and me both.

I'd like to see something more focused on the timeline, like FC. First Civ artifact is the catalyst, Arno and Napolean's relationship builds up, Arno gets some closure, end of the DLC.

dimbismp
01-06-2015, 08:19 PM
Anyone else clearly hearing LOTR music at 1:03-1:08? :D

aL_____eX
01-06-2015, 08:30 PM
Is the outfit he's wearing on the promotion picture already in the game? I know there's a 'Franciade outfit' in the game, but it features Arno's blue colour palette. This one is more of a dark brown.

Unfortunately I can't check right now...

Megas_Doux
01-06-2015, 08:40 PM

You know, I wish they had gone with the satellite launch angle/plot instead of her......

Fatal-Feit
01-06-2015, 08:47 PM
What's the name of the song?

I swear to god, if some say Darude - Sandstorm, I'll punch a cat and kick a puppy.

aL_____eX
01-06-2015, 08:50 PM

I swear to god, if some say Darude - Sandstorm, I'll punch a cat and kick a puppy.
Safe in Mind - Unkle

Can't find a video of it on YouTube.

edit: lol @ Darude - Sandstorm thing

JustPlainQuirky
01-06-2015, 08:52 PM
looked kind of cheesy

but i think i saw a hint of first civ so im partially interested...

Ureh
01-06-2015, 08:53 PM

I heard it's this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMBP8Nf2QCE

Fatal-Feit
01-06-2015, 08:59 PM
The song is amazing. This trailer reminded me of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ixr2q8bHo8

Altair1789
01-06-2015, 09:03 PM

It could also have to do with the apple, but I really hope a Juno appearance happens. It would be hilarious if this DLC is half as long as the main game and is more relevant to the overarching narrative than the main game is

Like Megas_Doux, I wish they never started in the Juno direction, but since that's pretty much the modern day I'd rather that be there than not there. I would want them to drop it, but they're not going to

Hey does anyone know whose composing the soundtrack for this DLC? I'm not sure if it was announced anywhere
please be Lorne Balfe

IXIRIPPERzIXI
01-06-2015, 09:17 PM
imo i thought they would have been more interested in getting the game playable for everyone first before launching the new dlc appears am wrong owell il just have to wait and see if the game gets properly fixed before even thinking about dead kings

killzab
01-06-2015, 09:28 PM
So it's basically an epilogue/ true ending DLC ...

Altair1789
01-06-2015, 09:40 PM
So it's basically an epilogue/ true ending DLC ...

Not necessarily, but hopefully. I currently don't like Arno too much, but I don't think he deserves "the Connor treatment"

Namikaze_17
01-06-2015, 09:41 PM
You know, I wish they had gone with the satellite launch angle/plot instead of her......

Or maybe a transition?

AC1-ACB = Satellite Launch ( except something goes wrong which shifts into the Juno/EOTW plot)

AC3-ACU= Juno plot ( except done way way way better)

SlyTrooper
01-06-2015, 10:39 PM
The song is amazing. This trailer reminded me of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ixr2q8bHo8

Oh my God, that trailer! That was the first ever thing I saw of AC. I was in Toys R Us (yes I was 7 or 8) & that trailer was on. I went back with my mother like a week later just so I could see the trailer again & find out what it was called. Such memories.

Anyway, about this new trailer. I'm actually very excited. The first civ stuff is exactly what they need to make AC interesting again & I'm really glad there are more coop missions, so I can finally play them with my friends.

TheMadGamerMan
01-06-2015, 11:16 PM

And it's FREE *faints*

Same here only on Sequence 4 (doing mostly side stuff enigmas etc). Will the Xbox auto download it or do I need to find it on UPLAY?. or Xhox Store?
Can we still play ACU while it's downloading?. Sorry for asking so much just new to Xbox

Ureh
01-06-2015, 11:24 PM
Same here only on Sequence 4 (doing mostly side stuff enigmas etc). Will the Xbox auto download it or do I need to find it on UPLAY?. or Xhox Store?
Can we still play ACU while it's downloading?. Sorry for asking so much just new to Xbox

How do I get the Dead Kings DLC*? Xbox One
Once available, the Dead Kings DLC will be listed as an add-on in the Xbox One Marketplace. There will also be a link from the in-game menu.

*FREE GAME TO BE REDEEMED BY NO LATER THAN MARCH 15, 2015. LIMITED TO ONE OFFER PER PERSON. INTERNET CONNECTION AND ACCOUNT (UPLAY, STEAM, XBOX LIVE, AND/OR PLAYSTATION NETWORK) MAYBE REQUIRED TO USE/PLAY DOWNLOAD. OFFER MAY NOT BE SUBSTITUTED, EXCHANGED, SOLD OR REDEEMED FOR CASH OR OTHER GOODS OR SERVICES. MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER OFFER, GIFT CARD, REBATE OR DISCOUNT COUPON. PRODUCT SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY. SPECIFIC LIST OF GAMES AVAILABLE FOR FREE MAY VARY PER COUNTRY AND PLATFORM. FREE GAME LIMITED TO PLATFORM ON WHICH ASSASSIN’S CREED UNITY WAS INITIALLY PURCHASED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. YOU MUST MEET THE MINIMUM AGE REQUIREMENTS, WHICH VARY BY COUNTRY, TO REGISTER FOR AN ACCOUNT. IN ADDITION, UBISOFT’S TERMS OF USE AS POSTED ON UBI.COM APPLY.

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/community/liveupdates/live_updates_details.aspx?c=tcm:152-188535-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

SOLIDSOUTHCENTRA
01-07-2015, 12:14 AM
Yeah Robby at OpenWorld Games said that he is sure there are Outpost missions in Dead Kings.

Mr_Stunner
01-07-2015, 12:16 AM
I hope Ubi didn't downgraded it a bit because now it's free :p

But I feel confident, I think this will be a great chance for Ubisoft to redeem themselves for the Unity disaster.

SOLIDSOUTHCENTRA
01-07-2015, 12:24 AM
What is funny is Freedom Cry came out 12/17/13 so Dead Kings is actually a little late.

SOLIDSOUTHCENTRA
01-07-2015, 12:31 AM
Oh now everybody loves ACUnity.

RA503
01-07-2015, 12:36 AM
Only now I noted that is probably napoleon who pays the guys to find the First civ temple lol.

Megas_Doux
01-07-2015, 12:48 AM
Or maybe a transition?

AC1-ACB = Satellite Launch ( except something goes wrong which shifts into the Juno/EOTW plot)

AC3-ACU= Juno plot ( except done way way way better)

You know I find the whole walking spirit thing too far fetched but mostly, kinda cartoonish..Yes! I know the lore is heavy science fiction in the likes of a super advance precursor race, its toys and two factions that have been fighting for the spoils ever since the eve of mankind, but still.....

HDinHB
01-07-2015, 01:26 AM
What is funny is Freedom Cry came out 12/17/13 so Dead Kings is actually a little late.

So was Unity.

Oh now everybody loves ACUnity.

What's the old saying, there's a sucker reborn every minute? We are suckers for a cool trailer. "Ooooh, look pretty lights."

Namikaze_17
01-07-2015, 01:33 AM
You know I find the whole walking spirit thing too far fetched but mostly, kinda cartoonish..Yes! I know the lore is heavy science fiction in the likes of a super advance precursor race, its toys and two factions that have been fighting for the spoils ever since the eve of mankind, but still.....

Yeah, I understand.

That's why I sometimes wish we never found out about the first civ and stuff. -__-

And I would've been fine with either angle too.

But they sooo could've handled both better.

dargor5
01-07-2015, 02:07 AM
this might sound like a stupid question but are we going to be allowed to use everything from the playthroiugh we already have?

I planned to play Arno as a true master assassin that's why I'm working to get that rank and unlocking all the master outfits, or will it only be the DLC stuff available during dead kings?

HDinHB
01-07-2015, 07:26 AM
this might sound like a stupid question but are we going to be allowed to use everything from the playthrough we already have?

I planned to play Arno as a true master assassin that's why I'm working to get that rank and unlocking all the master outfits, or will it only be the DLC stuff available during dead kings?

I don't think it's a stupid question. I'm trying to think of a DLC game that followed the main character in the post-main-game timeline for precedent: Freedom Cry was post game but a different character; ToKW was sort of a different timeline for Connor and all the Ezio add-ons were within the timeframe of the main game, IIRC. I would think older, wiser, more experienced Arno would have better stats.

There is this line from Shades OP:

Both single-player and cooperative modes enable players to unlock new weapons, gear and outfits that carry over between Assassin’s Creed Unity and Assassin’s Creed Unity - Dead Kings.

I guess we'll know next week.

phoenix-force411
01-07-2015, 10:20 AM
A Trailer looks good when it's FREE...

Layytez
01-07-2015, 01:13 PM
Is that First Civ flahes of light I see ?
http://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lih4vwSBEg1qzaxefo1_250.gif

GoldenBoy9999
01-07-2015, 02:44 PM
Wow, that trailer was awesome. I haven't seen a cinematic trailer for a game before. Maybe that means it's good. :):rolleyes:

My least favorite part of this since they announced it is the guillotine gun. I don't care for my assassins to have big grenade launchers. Shay's was cool, and you could make the guys go to sleep. A grenade launcher isn't really stealthy or assassin, but I guess I'll deal with it.

I hope this surpasses my favorite DLC, Freedom Cry. TOKW is almost tied with it though. AC DLC's are generally really awesome. I still need to play the ones from AC2, ACB, and ACR. Is the one in AC2 any good?

Glad to see some First Civ stuff. Maybe we'll learn some more things about them. Hopefully it will all be interesting.

auditorevita
01-07-2015, 03:18 PM
ACU was ****ing story.we are very disappointed. UBI must remake the story of ACU. Before launch Dead kings.

Akujuo
01-07-2015, 07:50 PM
I been playing Assassin's Creed since all the games came out and by AUC is epic... I really enjoy it... I am Akujuo I hope we can team up and play together..

Akujuo
01-07-2015, 07:53 PM
AC2, ACB, ACR and AC Black Flag is a pretty much a story line... I think they are good..

RA503
01-07-2015, 08:06 PM
Is that First Civ flahes of light I see ?
http://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lih4vwSBEg1qzaxefo1_250.gif

and is very probably that is a First civ temple that appear in the end of the trailer.

Whem arno says '' leap of faith'' in the ending of the trailer I remember this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsvfP5BQxaw

dargor5
01-07-2015, 10:39 PM
Will the new map show up in the companion app?

Altair1789
01-07-2015, 11:50 PM
Will the new map show up in the companion app?

Please God no more companion app content

Wow, that trailer was awesome. I haven't seen a cinematic trailer for a game before. Maybe that means it's good. :):rolleyes:

My least favorite part of this since they announced it is the guillotine gun. I don't care for my assassins to have big grenade launchers. Shay's was cool, and you could make the guys go to sleep. A grenade launcher isn't really stealthy or assassin, but I guess I'll deal with it.

I hope this surpasses my favorite DLC, Freedom Cry. TOKW is almost tied with it though. AC DLC's are generally really awesome. I still need to play the ones from AC2, ACB, and ACR. Is the one in AC2 any good?

Glad to see some First Civ stuff. Maybe we'll learn some more things about them. Hopefully it will all be interesting.

The AC2 DLCs are nothing special. Just 2 standard sequences that should've been in the game anyway

GoldenBoy9999
01-08-2015, 12:01 AM
^That's disappointing. Are they worth the money and do they contribute to the story/lore well?

aL_____eX
01-08-2015, 12:13 AM
^That's disappointing. Are they worth the money and do they contribute to the story/lore well?
It's two(!) entire sequences near the end of the game that were cut out. So yes, it adds something to the story.

UniteUnderPower
01-08-2015, 04:27 AM

They're 2 good sequences that they never finished before the release of the game. They add more locations and some new chase breakers in the city if I remember correctly. They're definitely worth the purchase due to the things that they add, but they should have been in the game already.

Journey93
01-08-2015, 05:08 AM
As always Ubisoft is very good at making awesome cinematic trailers

looks kind of interesting but I do find it sad that Arno isn't getting the Connor treatment (unlike Connor he deserved it)
well maybe he actually got interesting in this DLC

I'm also pleasantly surprised at the First Civ. tease hopefully that will be good

HDinHB
01-08-2015, 05:53 AM
Please God no more companion app content

The AC2 DLCs are nothing special. Just 2 standard sequences that should've been in the game anyway

I thought some of the better parts of the game were in those sequences, especially Bonfire.

PandaPuff86
01-08-2015, 08:30 AM
Love the CGI trailer. This reminds me of Disappearance DLC back on ACB. Good times. I'm hoping that certain questions can be answered.

Such as...

1 - Will Arno discover the box?
2 - Will Shay make an appearance or Connor(wishful thinking of course)?
3 - Neo's use of the Apple?
4 - Juno's next move?

bitebug2003
01-08-2015, 10:23 PM
I'm curious to how long the DLC is...

In addition to a fully-fledged main single-player campaign..

That implies lengthy and the mention of side content too.

Is it about the same length as the 3 combined episodes of AC3's Tyranny of King Washington (or longer)?
The Freedom Cry and Aveline DLC were quite short.

Looking quite forward to this - I'm getting a bit of a AC2/AC:B/AC:R vibe :S

Altair1789
01-08-2015, 10:40 PM
I'm curious to how long the DLC is...

That implies lengthy and the mention of side content too.

Is it about the same length as the 3 combined episodes of AC3's Tyranny of King Washington (or longer)?
The Freedom Cry and Aveline DLC were quite short.

Looking quite forward to this - I'm getting a bit of a AC2/AC:B/AC:R vibe :S

fully fledged campaign for Unity = 2 missions :rolleyes:

iirc it fills in the blanks between sequence 12 and 14. How Ezio got the apple back from Savonarola

bitebug2003
01-08-2015, 10:45 PM
fully fledged campaign for Unity = 2 missions :rolleyes:

:)

AC2 all over again?

Take a peek at the Dead King trophy list

Altair1789
01-08-2015, 11:01 PM
:)

AC2 all over again?

Take a peek at the Dead King trophy list

"Piece of Eden"
What could that mean? :rolleyes:

Anyway, looks like it's only 1 sequence. Let's hope it's not 2-4 missions like every other sequence
Also, only 1 co op and 1 heist mission added :(

bitebug2003
01-09-2015, 01:10 AM
"Piece of Eden"
What could that mean? :rolleyes:

Anyway, looks like it's only 1 sequence. Let's hope it's not 2-4 missions like every other sequence
Also, only 1 co op and 1 heist mission added :(

I hope they are lengthy (lately the story missions have been quite short - AC4/AC: Rogue). A lot of the challenges/optional objectives tied to the missions have been repeated (carried over from older AC's) and most are quite simple (they need to mix it up with different/new things).

My guess the side stuff will add to the length of it.

harsab
01-09-2015, 01:38 AM
I hope they are lengthy (lately the story missions have been quite short - AC4/AC: Rogue). A lot of the challenges/optional objectives tied to the missions have been repeated (carried over from older AC's) and most are quite simple (they need to mix it up with different/new things).

My guess the side stuff will add to the length of it.

But then again they made a proper full length motion cinematic trailer for the DLC. I don't think they have done that before with a DLC?

That right there tells me this DLC will be important.

Bleem7
01-09-2015, 01:07 PM
Or maybe they just did the trailer to restore the hype again since we all know how it got killed by ACU.

dargor5
01-09-2015, 05:18 PM
To me this was the best trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzCEdSKMkdU

I just wish missions like that were actually in game :( So does the one were he saves Elisse that trailer was beautiful, Dead Kings trailers is good but has no emotion to it until you see the temple (and that's only for us AC fans)

Ureh
01-10-2015, 02:39 AM
Gonna watch this trailer a fourth time. Who's with me?!

*crickets chirp*

JustPlainQuirky
01-10-2015, 02:58 AM
i dont like the music in the trailer

but at the same time i kind of do

weird

auditorevita
01-10-2015, 03:56 AM
You guys still have hope ,but you guys are wrong , please understand this fact .

When you guys were finish the dead Kings , You guys will despair

Please think about it calmly.

HDinHB
01-10-2015, 08:00 AM
You guys still have hope ,but you guys are wrong , please understand this fact .

When you guys were finish the dead Kings , You guys will despair

Please think about it calmly.

Are you familiar with the expression "beating a dead horse"? I think you have to accept that Unity is what it is.

“For after all, the best thing one can do when it is raining is let it rain.”
― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

auditorevita
01-10-2015, 12:00 PM
ACU is a dead horse??

You guys are looking forward to coming pieces of dead horse .

You're expecting too much of UBI.

SixKeys
01-11-2015, 05:18 AM
I'm convinced now that auditorevita is a troll.

auditorevita
01-11-2015, 11:50 AM
I'm convinced now that auditorevita is a troll.

I am not a troll.

I'll say it again.

When you guys were finish the dead Kings , You guys will despair.

TheMadGamerMan
01-11-2015, 01:23 PM
What will the file size be?

Layytez
01-11-2015, 01:52 PM
What will the file size be?
I think the last patch had all the files.

Mr_Shade
01-11-2015, 01:54 PM
I think the last patch had all the files.

No, The reason the last patch was so big, was due to the optimisation of the maps ;)

Mr_Shade
01-11-2015, 01:54 PM
ACU is a dead horse??

You guys are looking forward to coming pieces of dead horse .

You're expecting too much of UBI.

Please keep on topic - thanks!

Layytez
01-11-2015, 08:07 PM
No, The reason the last patch was so big, was due to the optimisation of the maps ;)
So it was just gear ?

Undercurrent32
01-11-2015, 09:07 PM
So it was just gear ?

No. While the patch also added the gear to come with the DLC, most of the 6 GB was large areas of Paris being replaced by a more performance friendly version to up the framerate.

joelsantos24
01-11-2015, 09:30 PM
I have no idea if this topic has already been approached, but do you guys think Ubisoft will be adding some new Co-op and Heist missions with the Dead Kings DLC release? My friends and I, we're getting pretty bored with the current missions available. Would be nice if they added a few new one's.

aL_____eX
01-11-2015, 09:32 PM
I have no idea if this topic has already been approached, but do you guys think Ubisoft will be adding some new Co-op and Heist missions with the Dead Kings DLC release? My friends and I, we're getting pretty bored with the current missions available. Would be nice if they added a few new one's.
The trophy list suggests that there's one new heist and one coop mission.

joelsantos24
01-11-2015, 09:36 PM
The trophy list suggests that there's one new heist and one coop mission.
Thanks! That's pretty cool, it would be preferable to have 2-3 new one's of each, but we'll take it. :cool:

rrebe
01-12-2015, 01:02 AM
Thanks! That's pretty cool, it would be preferable to have 2-3 new one's of each, but we'll take it. :cool:

I hope the new ones offer a good challenge :cool:

joelsantos24
01-12-2015, 06:08 PM
I hope the new ones offer a good challenge :cool:
Well, the challenge was never an issue, in my humble opinion. The problem is that the overall number of Heists and Co-op missions is not that interesting, so to speak, so if you play quite often, as we do, it gets boring after a while.

aL_____eX
01-12-2015, 06:35 PM
I lately started replaying mission without HUD - that's a new challenge after beating the game. And exploring is so much more immersive.

BostonSFS
01-12-2015, 07:50 PM
I'm counting the days… hopefully tonight at midnight i can dl it!

DanPenfold
01-12-2015, 08:40 PM
I hope there's more then just 3 missions on it.

dargor5
01-13-2015, 03:35 AM
I hope there's more then just 3 missions on it.

2 and half hour according to IGN

PissedMoreBlood
01-13-2015, 06:14 AM
It's up for download now.

topeira1980
01-13-2015, 11:27 AM
It's up for download now.

where?
how do i DL the DLC?

also, where are you in the world?

vampyrii
01-13-2015, 12:27 PM
where?
how do i DL the DLC?

For XboxOne. I couldn't find it in game. So I went to Store - Games - Add ons - did a search for Unity and found the DLC (7,68GB size).

Mr_Shade
01-13-2015, 01:07 PM
Hi Guys, the content may show u at different times for you all - due to regional differences in times etc in the consoles stores :)

Please remember that the PS4 version is not expected until tomorrow for this reason ;)

topeira1980
01-13-2015, 02:33 PM
Hi Guys, the content may show u at different times for you all - due to regional differences in times etc in the consoles stores :)

Please remember that the PS4 version is not expected until tomorrow for this reason ;)

im on PC and live in the middle east, so:
1) when will the DLC be available in my time zone?
2) where do i download it? do i just run the game? do i get in within the game's store? do i get it via the uplay client? how?

Mr_Shade
01-13-2015, 02:35 PM
Hi,

Release times will vary - so it's best just to check later in a few hours.

It should be available from both the Uplay store and in game for free ;)

zianya
01-13-2015, 04:38 PM
Hola, soy de México pero no se donde se descarga el Dead Kings DLC, ya inicie el juego y no instala nada, ya fui a tienda y no esta, que puedo hacer? gracias:rolleyes:

PissedMoreBlood
01-13-2015, 06:23 PM
where?
how do i DL the DLC?

I'm on XBOX ONE and in the Eastern time zone.

stanl112
01-14-2015, 01:44 AM
I have have the problem of collecting all the artifacts and the napoleons bicorns and not getting the armour or the new guillotine gun please fix

aeroallways2
01-14-2015, 01:46 AM
I managed to download it through PSN but the fast travel to go to the new location still says that it's part of the dead kings dlc and I haven't downloaded it. I've finished the main story line so I just want to know if it's a problem with my download or if I still have to wait until tomorrow for the dlc to register with the game. I live in the United States if that has anything to do with it.

WestLil0
01-14-2015, 03:34 AM
So today is January 13 but I don't see the DLC in my game? When I go to the "there's a kingdom up north..." marker, nothing happens. Not sure if this question should be here, but thought I would ask. I'm on a PC and live in Florida. Thanks.

DynaRider
01-14-2015, 06:25 AM
This sucks! PS4 and the DLC is downloading from the store. I'm on a really fast fiber optic net and the download has been running now for 3 hours and is still only about two thirds complete.

PissedMoreBlood
01-14-2015, 07:34 AM
Wow, I was really hoping that this DLC would go smoothly but of course not.... Not only is there no co-op option for the heist but there's no co-op mission available either, and to top it off, all the weapons that I've unlocked (including the guillotine gun they give you in Sequence 13 once you un-equip it) are NOT ABLE TO EQUIP..... That's right, the guillotine guns I've been looking forward to are not able to equip.... There's literally no options once you unlock something like say The Eagle Guillotine gun, it gives you no option to equip, buy, hack, or anything else.... WTF Ubisoft.... WTF.

STITCHES301
01-19-2015, 07:10 AM
I've completed everything but the heist and co-op. Can't equip the weapons, Napoleon's outfit is not available, or the blade of suger. Good job piling more crap onto crap Ubi.

My_Treehawk
01-19-2015, 04:22 PM
If you cannot access or upgrade the Eagle of Suger here is a workaround that our club is using (PS4). It will not work for the other items that unlock but cannot be accessed, but it does work for this one.

Go to your Gear Loadout screen and equip ANY rifle.
Exit from the menu and return to the in-game screen
Return to the Gear Loadout screen and equip the Pistol you want

You should find now that the Eagle of Suger is both equipped and can be upgraded. Note - if you change to any other melee weapon you will need to repeat these steps to have the Eagle of Suger equip itself again. Hope this helps some of you out.

It really would be nice if UbiSoft would update their known glitches post with the DLC and CC stuff and let us know if there is a Patch 5 in the works and when we can expect to see it. They said the Club Competitions 2 billion point glitch "was fixed" but then that same week there were a lot of PS4 clubs posting that it had hit them (ours included) and they went silent about it.

mb12roofus
01-19-2015, 06:40 PM
It really would be nice if UbiSoft would update their known glitches post with the DLC and CC stuff and let us know if there is a Patch 5 in the works and when we can expect to see it.

thanks for the info, as not being able to equip the suger was the last straw for me continuing to play the game. your work on behalf of ubisoft is much appreciated!

My_Treehawk
01-19-2015, 06:54 PM
thanks for the info, as not being able to equip the suger was the last straw for me continuing to play the game. your work on behalf of ubisoft is much appreciated!

If i works for you come back and acknowledge it so that others can see our success was not a fluke. We are glad to share anything we can find that helps - at this point the game is so frustrating and filled with problems I can barely contain my own club's members from jumping ship and looking for another game to play.

mb12roofus
01-20-2015, 03:58 AM
If i works for you come back and acknowledge it so that others can see our success was not a fluke. We are glad to share anything we can find that helps -

can confirm that it works to equip suger and allow for upgrade, but didn't try to equip something else to see if can be repeated.

EscoBlades
01-20-2015, 05:34 PM
As per My_Treehawk's very kind contribution - http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/999285-IMPORTANT-Workaround-for-those-wishing-to-equip-the-Eagle-of-Suger

Thank you.

My_Treehawk
01-20-2015, 05:55 PM
The community does what it can to help everyone mate - VocU is happy to help out however we can.

Now... if we could just influence a few changes.. :cool:

tonydamiani
01-21-2015, 03:25 AM
If you cannot access or upgrade the Eagle of Suger here is a workaround that our club is using (PS4). It will not work for the other items that unlock but cannot be accessed, but it does work for this one.

Go to your Gear Loadout screen and equip ANY rifle.
Return to the Gear Loadout screen and equip the Pistol you want

You should find now that the Eagle of Suger is both equipped and can be upgraded. Note - if you change to any other melee weapon you will need to repeat these steps to have the Eagle of Suger equip itself again. Hope this helps some of you out.

It really would be nice if UbiSoft would update their known glitches post with the DLC and CC stuff and let us know if there is a Patch 5 in the works and when we can expect to see it. They said the Club Competitions 2 billion point glitch "was fixed" but then that same week there were a lot of PS4 clubs posting that it had hit them (ours included) and they went silent about it.

Great Find! Thanks for sharing. Finally I can equip the Eagle of Suger :)

I agree that Ubisoft should keep up with the updates in glitches and errors of the game. The Last update was on Dec. 24.

HDinHB
01-25-2015, 03:04 AM
If i works for you come back and acknowledge it so that others can see our success was not a fluke. We are glad to share anything we can find that helps - at this point the game is so frustrating and filled with problems I can barely contain my own club's members from jumping ship and looking for another game to play.

I haven't gotten that far yet, but thanks for sharing. For now I'd settle for equipping the bone club.

EDIT: Can confirm the workaround worked for me (PS4). Would still like to equip the bone though.

ForbiddenJobu
02-03-2015, 10:39 PM
Thank you for the workaround, Mr_Treehawk.

I just want to add the following information for anyone who is having trouble getting the achievement to pop for acquiring the Eagle of Suger.

The following solution by "WORLDEATER" of TrueAchievements.com worked for me:

1) Delete all of the weapon dlc you mav have downloaded
2) Restart up the game
3) Equip a rifle
4) Equip a pistol
5) Equip the Eagle of Suger
6) Restart the game
The achievement should unlock when you are loading up your save.

Direct link to the solution: http://www.trueachievements.com/viewcomment.aspx?commentid=836231

There are also a couple more workarounds in the comment section below that solution.

Stealth Gamer92
02-04-2015, 09:18 AM
So I started Dead Kings today and played 4 hours of it. Everything was fine for 45 minuites. Then after getting to the "Find Léroy" part of memory 2 I spent 3 hours and 15 minuites earching for the brat(I was so focussed I didn't notice how long it'd been) before I got suspicious and cheked online and found out it was a glitch/bug. Good news is I now know the city like the back of my hand(in fact I'll probably have nightmares about it and the kid :p ), bad news is I can't go further in the story. :(

ForbiddenJobu
02-04-2015, 11:16 PM
So I started Dead Kings today and played 4 hours of it. Everything was fine for 45 minuites. Then after getting to the "Find Léroy" part of memory 2 I spent 3 hours and 15 minuites earching for the brat(I was so focussed I didn't notice how long it'd been) before I got suspicious and cheked online and found out it was a glitch/bug. Good news is I now know the city like the back of my hand(in fact I'll probably have nightmares about it and the kid :p ), bad news is I can't go further in the story. :(

I ran into the same problem - after I came back to the surface, there was no green marker on my minimap nor were there any clues as to where Leon might be.

However, after a quick bit of googling I found a YouTube video walkthrough of the mission. I can't find that same video now, but here's another one that shows Arno running all the way to Leon. If you can follow the same path, you'll find him yourself, even without a green marker indicating that he's there.

If it's unclear in the video, btw, Leon will be just east of a building that is covered in blue on your map. (Blue as in the blue-clad enemies patrol it, and it's a restricted zone).

Hope this helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BY4vOuxb-A

sliderulz2
02-08-2015, 12:12 PM
I'd love to play Dead Kings, i've done about three missions then since last update i haven't been able to launch it, been trying to get ubi to reply, give answers, but it seems their not interested in their customers enough to help, anyone having this issue and found a solution would love to hear it, i'm not restarting as i'm about to hit master rank:mad:

SpeedRacer2017
03-05-2015, 03:03 PM
I just want to see the season pass back because I want to play the china one.

wvstolzing
03-05-2015, 03:49 PM

You'll be able to purchase the China Chronicles separately, when it comes out.

Mr_Shade
03-05-2015, 04:32 PM

Hi, the season pass is not returning for sale - those who already have it - will continue to get content that was advertised for it though.

Details on how to get AC Chronicles: China without the pass are expected soon :)