PDA

View Full Version : PC Map editor runs at 20 fps @ Low settings, barely usable

perka321
01-06-2015, 03:04 PM
So my map editor runs really really bad at 20-25 fps on Low Quality with most settings disabled (Fog, Shadows, Water etc.) and constantly freezes for a few seconds. When you start it up and a clean flat map loads, I have several thousand FPS that starts dropping instantly down to 20. It's barely usable and I'm really REALLY anxious to start making maps
The game however, runs fine on high settings at 50+ fps so why the editor would run at 20 FPS and be real laggy is a big question to me. :mad:

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: P67A-D3-B3
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

perka321
01-07-2015, 03:33 PM
Bump, please anyone? :nonchalance:

LFino
01-08-2015, 12:45 AM
Bump, please anyone? :nonchalance:

Did you try the "repair" mode from uplay for the editor?
maybe something is corrupt.

best regards,
Fino

perka321
01-08-2015, 11:30 AM
Did you try the "repair" mode from uplay for the editor?
maybe something is corrupt.

best regards,
Fino

How do I do this?

Ubi_Jax
01-08-2015, 03:13 PM
Hey perka321 and welcome to the forum!

You can try to verify your game files in Uplay.

To do this, click the little arrow next to "Play" and click "Verify Files".

If the issue persists, please don't hesitate to create a support ticket here; https://support.ubi.com, ensuring to provide as much information as possible about your issue.

Thanks.

RaZoRFINNISH
01-08-2015, 03:39 PM
It's just an Ubisoft kind of an implementation, that's what you get for abusing WPF.

Heck, the GUI seems to be almost as intensive as the game itself (not even speaking of the menu system that is still just as ridiculously slow as it was in FC3. Please, use Scaleform and scrap your "Fire" UI system, or rename it "Clunky", since it even fails at handling mouse input properly...)

Get that FC2 team back up and watch Dunia shine. What it has become in the last 4 years is disgusting. It is an abomination now.

perka321
01-08-2015, 04:38 PM
Hey perka321 and welcome to the forum!

You can try to verify your game files in Uplay.

To do this, click the little arrow next to "Play" and click "Verify Files".

If the issue persists, please don't hesitate to create a support ticket here; https://support.ubi.com, ensuring to provide as much information as possible about your issue.

Thanks.

I did all of the above already, however it takes as usual a few days, usually a week before somebody replies to your ticket.

RaZoRFINNISH
01-08-2015, 08:29 PM
I did all of the above already, however it takes as usual a few days, usually a week before somebody replies to your ticket.

And even when they do answer, it's an automated reply. Thus your best bet is to update your graphics card drivers.

perka321
01-08-2015, 09:12 PM
And even when they do answer, it's an automated reply. Thus your best bet is to update your graphics card drivers.

Did that too.

As far as I know, I am the ONLY one who has this problem, I've looked all over steam, google, everywhere. Nobody seems to have the problem.

Might aswell try and reinstall the game using discs instead of downloading it.

Wobbegong_X
01-12-2015, 05:09 PM
I do have this issue too. In fact the editor is not usable this way for me. I do have maybe 10 fps.

The game itself is running perfectly. If i test the ingame-mode in the editor, that will work nice too.
Its just impossible to create a map with 10fps while working in the GUI-Mode. It doesent seems to be a question about system-requirements really...

Does anybody have a solution?

Please ubisoft, fix this problem priorised if you can.
Editing is the only reason, why i buyed this game. I tink there are a lot of people with the same problem...

Thank you

perka321
01-13-2015, 03:06 AM
Had my ticket up for 7 days no, still no sign of help.
I managed to make a tiny bit of my map, but it really is frustrating trying to work with it

Really poor support Ubisoft. Tsk tsk tsk, not good.

Ubi_Jax
01-13-2015, 07:42 PM
Had my ticket up for 7 days no, still no sign of help.
I managed to make a tiny bit of my map, but it really is frustrating trying to work with it

Really poor support Ubisoft. Tsk tsk tsk, not good.

Can you provide your support ticket number?

Thanks.

perka321
01-13-2015, 09:06 PM
Can you provide your support ticket number?

Thanks.

This?

Reference Number: 01946823

Ubi_Jax
01-13-2015, 09:16 PM
This?

Reference Number: 01946823

Thanks for that. I've passed this onto our support team and you should hopefully hear back from us soon, thanks.

perka321
01-13-2015, 11:07 PM
Thanks for that. I've passed this onto our support team and you should hopefully hear back from us soon, thanks.

Thanks. How soon?

Ethan259
09-05-2015, 05:42 PM
I have the same problem for like two weeks. I submitted a ticket to ubisoft like a week ago, they are [EDITED] useless. Please someone get back to us. this is [EDITED] unbearable and not what I spent 40 on.

Ubi_Jax
09-09-2015, 10:22 AM
I have the same problem for like two weeks. I submitted a ticket to ubisoft like a week ago, they are [EDITED] useless. Please someone get back to us. this is [EDITED] unbearable and not what I spent 40 on.

Hey Ethan259 and welcome to the forums.

Can you please provide your support ticket number so that I can get this looked into for you?

Thanks.

dreamaurua
03-29-2018, 01:11 AM
PC editor and I also run at 10fps.... then with everything off, it runs at like 20fps at best... the game runs at 4k 30fps for me, also about 70-80fps on 1080p ultra with no problems. why is the editor running so poorly? Im almost not able to use it

DynamoHotRun
04-01-2018, 07:40 PM
I had the same problem of 10 FPS, messing around in the game files I discovered what was wrong.

Go to steam right click on "FarCry 5" and click on "properties". Then, go to "Local Files" and "Browse Local Files". Once you have done that you go to "bin" and right click on ArcadeEditor64, (I have my PC in spanish so I'm not quite sure if the traslation for the following options are right, sorry for that) then go to "Launch with GPU" and last option (change predetermined GPU). Go to the option under 3D config, "control 3D config". In "1." add ArcadeEditor64 --> in 2. choose the NVIDA processor option, save and try out the launcher.

Hope it works for you, sorry if the instructions are a bit messy ;).